It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout on Pro-Morsi Protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Am I the only one that noticed the black out on the pro-Morsi demonstration, it's a million man demonstration and yet almost no media reportage on it except for Egyptian media and al-Jazeera?

And they didn't speak about the fact that several hundred of Morsi supporters and party staff were arrested. Somehow I feel that they're against the Muslim Brotherhood. Nevertheless I support the Muslim Brotherhood, I think their agenda is great and really look forward to when they succeed in establishing an Islamic state.

Haters be hating, Islamic state coming your way.

Salamo Alaykom (peace be with you)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It comes through unfiltered from both sides on BBC in Norway.
Right now there was a Brotherhood person screaming that they will never back down and that Morsi will be back in power in very few days.

So I can't agree on a black out in the media.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yeah they only started reporting on it recently, but it's not as much commented as the earlier one.

Morsi for President!

Salamo Alaykum (peace be with you)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well it looks like my friend is right with his view on the Muslim Brotherhood people. They would die trying pushing for a radicalized Islam. He said these people don't care if they die as they're brainwashed to believe they will still go to heaven even if they kill a lot of fellow muslims.

Good luck Egypt.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've it on BBC, CNN, RT, Sky, Fox and Al Jazeera.

If there is a blackout it's not a very good one.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Are women allowed in the Muslin Brotherhood?

2nd

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Really what makes you think they're brainwashed? Islam doesn't encourage blind belief nor does it allow it.
In the Quran, Allmighty Allah says:

And He has made subservient to you, [as a gift] from Himself, all that is in the heavens and on earth: in this, behold, there are messages indeed for people who think! (Q45:13)

Islam is a message for those who think, ponder on the creation of Allah. And it's a message for those who oppress and their punishment in the day of Judgement. And a blessing for those who belief in Allah and the day of Judgement.

They're not afraid to die because they are Muslims, we're not afraid of death because we know what's awaiting us when we do. On the other hand, you don't know what's awaiting you, and it's the real reason people who don't have faith are afraid. Am I wrong or dead right?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Are women allowed in the Muslin Brotherhood?

2nd

Don't know, but I'm seeing women speaking on the stage to people. Are women even allowed to speak in your country? I mean speak out or do they have to dress like men before speaking?
Is it necessary for women to be in the party to speak out or be heard? No it's not necessary, so why are you so obsessed with it? I'm quite sure that there are women that have influence in the Islamic Brotherhood even if they don't show their faces on TV.

Did you know that there is a Muslim Sisterhood?
edit on 5-7-2013 by Misbah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Morsi for President!

I thought Allah was in charge? You are Muslim? Do you also fire RPG and AK and then shout, God is great?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Bro's before... Women.

So no.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

I do disagree with any nondemocratic coups. this is contrary to law, it can not solve anything but ........

Muslim brotherhood had a good chance for showing how improved is Islam but they just did help Israel and they helped colonialists for their divide and conquer policy and they helped radical Wahabists. they relied on arab monarchies. Muslim Brotherhood played in their ground. they did ruin the islamic revolution of Egypt. how funny that Israel is so sorry when Morsi leaves, and they are saying that Morsi was even better than Mobarak.
it is a shame that muslim brotherhood suppressed the minorities of Egypt.

now they should think about what they have done twice. as far as Egypt earns money from USA, it is not an independent country !

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah

Don't know, but I'm seeing women speaking on the stage to people. Are women even allowed to speak in your country? I mean speak out or do they have to dress like men before speaking?
Is it necessary for women to be in the party to speak out or be heard? No it's not necessary, so why are you so obsessed with it? I'm quite sure that there are women that have influence in the Islamic Brotherhood even if they don't show their faces on TV.

Did you know that there is a Muslim Sisterhood?
edit on 5-7-2013 by Misbah because: (no reason given)

Wow I ask a seven word question and it is an obsession....really? I guess it is my bad....how did I ever think that women are not a equal there.... To say "dress like a man" are you saying not dressed head to foot in a abaya? I would say they can dress as they want, like a man, woman or even a Japanese school girl...

edit on 5-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Misbah

Morsi for President!

I thought Allah was in charge? You are Muslim? Do you also fire RPG and AK and then shout, God is great?

It is rather funny when they fire AKs in the air in celebration...you see they haven't quite learned the theory of gravity...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Bro's before... Women.

So no.

"Women" doesn't rhyme with Bros...

edit on 5-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It is rather funny when they fire AKs in the air in celebration...you see they haven't quite learned the theory of gravity...

Because I'll play along...

It is quite simple... "If bullet dome down and hit you, then it is will of Allah."

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Because I'll play along...
It is quite simple... "If bullet dome down and hit you, then it is will of Allah."

the will of Allah is that if you shoot to sky it may come down and hit you. there is a difference. gravity is a law of God !

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I've it on BBC, CNN, RT, Sky, Fox and Al Jazeera.

If there is a blackout it's not a very good one.

I think some posters are in the US and as it isn't being mentioned on their media, it must therefore be a black out on ALL media....

Seems pretty well covered here in the UK - the BBC reporter Jeremy Bowen was hit with shotgun pellets as he reported from one such protest.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Here you go - no such Blackout, just the OP watching the wrong channels

You beat me to it Stumason

To 'Misbah'

I think what happens in Egypt will sculpt the Middle East for many years to come.

I think the military's decision to seize power was probably 'sponsored' by those whom want to head-off an Islamic ratification of probably the most powerful country in the area.

There will be more fighting although with the army on side then the pro-morsi lot should perhaps look elsewhere as their ideas are clearly incorrect......

For the record....... I think ALL religion should be banned.

PDUK

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
You beat me to it Stumason

Sorry old bean

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
For the record....... I think ALL religion should be banned.

Agreed matey - aside from some interesting Art, Religion has done very little, if anything, to advance the species and actually holds us back. Just another 28 thousand years to go, then the Emperor will come to spread the Imperial Truth.

<<   2 >>

join