It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA surveillance is designed to detect Global Pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is my theory. It's pure speculation.

I was recently reading up on the new MERS-CoV virus that has experts concerned about global pandemic.

During that research I ran across a science paper titled "Interhuman transmissibility of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus: estimation of pandemic risk".

In that paper they conclude that while it doesn't appear to be as contagious as the SARS virus, they said:

Our analysis suggests that MERS-CoV does not yet have pandemic potential. We recommend enhanced surveillance, active contact tracing, and vigorous searches for the MERS-CoV animal hosts and transmission routes to human beings.

Now, of course, you could interpret "enhanced surveillance" anyway you want. But the thought occurred to me: "What better way to prevent global pandemic than to use massive computer systems to comb through all the world's communications systems (email, texting, voice calls, voice mails, chat sessions, internet sites) to look for patterns that could detect a global pandemic is starting somewhere?"

It kind of makes sense, think about it. Terrorists are going to encrypt their criminal plans, the NSA can't crack every encrypted message on the internet. So, why does the NSA scan your plain text email message from grandma? Answer: They want to know if she and her friends & neighbors are showing signs of an as-of-yet undetected global pandemic starting.

This is the Gray Area. This is my theory I propose for you to consider.

edit on 7/5/2013 by Cryptonomicon because: formatting

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would rather die in a Pandemic than live in a world that you describe.

Nobody can justify what is going on with these agencies.

We have many organizations dedicated to tracking these outbreaks.

To give up our privacy for fear of a disease?

Must be the weakest excuse I have heard to justify their criminal acts.

OP....I realize you are just starting a discussion...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I'll Second that

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Or it could be that the NSA is a power mad corrupt govt. Agency run by a power mad corrupt govt. That wants to be able to cover it's corrupt scumbag tracks. And be able to keep tabs on angry citizens.

Also, simply using the Google trends tool was very accurate in tracking the spread of the swine flu a few years ago. Not to mention the WHO and CDC already have systems in place for tracking pandemics.
edit on 5-7-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

FEAR......FEAR......FEAR......What better way to get people to jump on board then to scare them. Heck maybe it could even cure the common cold if used correctly.

PIE IN THE SKY.
edit on 5-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
hmm, yah zombies don't type too good so i guess an outbreak would be detectable that way.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What "pandemic"?

Do you know how many people SARS has actually killed? Do you? 775, that's how many? How many people feel sick from it? 8273, that's how many! And that was apparently a "pandemic"!

Do you know how many children (children alone) die everyday from preventable illnesses and hunger and poverty etc? Roughly 30,000 - that is, 30,000 a day!

Wow, I'm so scared of a "global pandemic"!
In recent human history, we've not had anything even comparable to "The Big One"! And MERS is certainly not "The Big One" - "The Big One" being a deadly virus which infects hundreds of thousands, possible even millions or more and killing over half! Now that - that would be worrying! But not even SARS or Ebola has even come close to that!

So, when I hear all of this pandemic nonsense, I just roll my eyes. More people die from car crashes and gun-related incidents than these "global pandemics"!

So what does this say about "enhanced surveillance"? Complete nonsense! "Enhanced surveillance" for something that isn't even really a great threat to human society? Guns do more damage! Cars do more damage! Pub fights kill more!
I highly doubt a "global pandemic" (which is a hyperbolic itself!) warrants "enhanced surveillance"!

edit on 7/5/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

next the scoundrels will claim that the spying is to cure cancer.

all government agencies work at justifying their budget by making wild claims about their revelancy.

amusing claims, but i wouldn't give it much credense.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I would rather die in a Pandemic than live in a world that you describe.

Nobody can justify what is going on with these agencies.

We have many organizations dedicated to tracking these outbreaks.

Must be the weakest excuse I have heard to justify their criminal acts.

OP....I realize you are just starting a discussion...

"Die in a pandemic"? More children die a day from preventable illnesses and poverty and hunger than any pandemic in recent human history!

Do you know how many people died from the big and scary SARS? 775. How many people got sick from it? 8273. Those numbers are like how many people die in a second or minute from random events!

I highly doubt we should be worried about a "global pandemic"

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well, your speculation is good stuff, Cryptonomicon. You can get your thread right out of the Gray Area if you wish, Healthcare/Nursing Informatics is going to change (is changing right now) the way medicine is done, and will definitely augment our ability to get the jump on pandemics (God forbid).

Once you get tuned in to this stuff the world starts to become a very bright place indeed, and chases away some of the shadows that have been plaguing us the last several months. All that to say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Health Informatics

Boring, but here's the link...

National Center for Emergency Medicine Informatics

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What privacy? I'm absolutely shocked at some of these responses. What is this false privacy protecting that could possibly be worth not embracing this technology that could bring great relief to suffering in the world?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

NSA surveillance is designed to detect Global Pandemic,
Oh yes, yes, this is the point and also they survey the kindergartens to see any strange terrorist behaviour of the kids.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

What privacy? I'm absolutely shocked at some of these responses. What is this false privacy protecting that could possibly be worth not embracing this technology that could bring great relief to suffering in the world?

Seriously???? "False privacy"?? How does spying on everybody somehow cure a pandemic? Even if it was as the OP stated, tracking a pandemic, and CURING IT, are two completely different things. I think you are confused as to what a "bright future" entails.

If I have to have every single thing I put on the computer, even in private conversation, tracked and monitored, this is not a bright future, this is slavery. A slave has no privacy, and a slave's health is the concern of the master because he or she cannot work if he or she is sick.

If you want to be a slave with a false sense of privacy, more power to ya, but as for me, I value my privacy as the last vestige of being a human being who is free. If I get sick, if I die, that's life. Living in a nanny state is for slaves, morons, and weak-willed, frightened people.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The NSA surveillance projects cover some of the most possible unthought-of perspectives of humanity and so amongst the many positions and jobs they carry its not hard to consider them watching for a pandemic or realistic zombie type infection. I know zombies how can HADES be real but that would be a National Security issue yes. OT so to consider them observing the masses in their health related quarters is not hard to consider...

Its the mind reading and then visual data out put devices that keep the mind

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

You are so right about this Fission,but what we know right now is that we have four of them here on ATS by the number of flags in this thread.

edit on 5-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: three

edit on 5-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: four with the OP

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

If you want to be a slave with a false sense of privacy, more power to ya, but as for me, I value my privacy as the last vestige of being a human being who is free.

Privacy is off the table. There is no point in even discussing it. What has people weak-minded and fearful right now is...

1: The loss of what they thought was their private self and the fear that what that secret self was doing secretly will be discovered.

2: The fear of the future, which is now; if you have not been re-tooling to catch up, then I imagine that would create a lot of fear.

This is 0 hour, people need to learn to secure their own information, and the learning curve is steep, and it gets even steeper the more it is avoided.

The only hope people have is to lift themselves out of user-land and learn to secure their own information. Not from the people that already have it, but from the HaXor that want to rip off grandma and grandpa, and your bank account, and your debit card at the gas station.

This is The Wild, Wild West, all over again. There ain't no sheriff in these parts. We must take responsibility for ourselves and how we appear on these networks.

So, yeah, if you want to huddle in fear thinking that somehow your 'privacy' is going to protect you from the brave new world, by all means, knock yourself out.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

1. Nonsense.

2. They care FAR MORE ABOUT !CONTROL! of the sheeple at all cost and to the nth degree--particularly--

3. TO PREVENT any threat to their power and global tyranny plans.

4. The main reason they might want to know about a pandemic is to see HOW WELL THEIR bioengineered population reduction pandemics are doing, advancing.

5. They don't give a flip about the serfs and slaves and "useless eaters" as Kissinger so 'lovingly' labels the masses of us.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

This is 0 hour, people need to learn to secure their own information, and the learning curve is steep, and it gets even steeper the more it is avoided.

Wow....You my friend a scarier than any terrorist.

To give away all your Freedoms for some meaningless cyber controlled life?

Maybe you are right....Maybe you need someone to spy on you...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Based on the quote that you chose from my post; are you anticipating that someone is going to come along and secure your information for you?

Wow....You my friend a scarier than any terrorist.

I agree, what I posted here is way scarier than a terrorist...

Welcome to Planet Salem

...it's supposed to be.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

top topics

join