It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious radio signals from 11 billion light years away detected

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have a question.....

I thought radio signals can't propagate in a vacuum. How is it that we "heard" this signal, and others?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This really fascinates me. Do you know if we are sending beacon signals out in hopes that maybe there is something on the other end listening?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Even if there is intelligent life out there, I doubt it existed 11 billion years ago.
reply to post by woogleuk

Hey it could be possible. If the age of the universe is about 12 billion years old that gives a billion years for life to develop. The universe could be older than that. Or whatever sent the signals (if it wasn't natural) could've wormholed to our universe from another way older one. That's if you wanna believe in the multiverse theory.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't think we can count on the age of the Universe being definitive as we can only estimate what we can see and the observable Universe may just be part of a larger whole , the Universe may be far older than we know some even believe it may be infinite .

edit on 8-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I read an article stating that it was from a black hole nothing special move along

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join