It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Price Wanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Found no where to get diamond price trend weekly online, and don't know where could I get help in this forum, so I have to put this new thread in this board. Sincerely apology if this is improper.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

I don't think the price of diamonds is governed by the COMEX, or Commodities Exchange.

Each diamond has to be appraised based on cut, clarity, and rating.oh, and carat weight.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Even investment grade diamonds will not have a market that you can easily follow in the paper. The best you can hope for is basic bid offer price on a certain type(say 1 carat VVS1 H color) and follow the changes. If it goes up 20%, figure yours went up about as much if investment grade

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Each diamond has to be appraised based on cut, clarity, and rating.oh, and carat weight.
Dear ShadellacZumbrum

There is a black market of diamonds governed by the people of God.

You only can get inside this group only if you zum zum but then you will get a brum and if you brum zum then the zum will brum because for each brum there is a zum ,so that group of people who actually make up the diamond market wont let not even their mother inside,this why no cotation market for that product.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My wife has been in the diamond business for 8 years. As far as I know there is no diamond pricing guide. As others said, they are based on appraisal value at the time. Some cuts can go up in value at whatever given time because of public want for them, such as European cuts being the current trend and they are on an uptick in price. The highest value diamonds are based on grading from GIA or EGL specs.

Is there a particular diamond you are looking to have appraised or just looking for overall market on them. If overall market, they typically go up in value every couple weeks because only a limited amount of a certain quality are released every so often from the large holders.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I suggest calling Da Beers

from the wiki.

De Beers is a family of companies that dominate the diamond, diamond mining, diamond trading and industrial diamond manufacturing sectors. De Beers is active in every category of industrial diamond mining: open-pit, underground, large-scale alluvial, coastal and deep sea.

i think they pretty much set the prices. most of what i've heard, is they run the market.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I would imagine that this will affect the prices for a bit.

www.bloomberg.com...

De Beers workers in South Africa will strike from tonight over pay, becoming the latest miners to down tools after Glencore Xstrata Plc employees walked out in May.

Strikes will go ahead at the Voorspoed operation in Free State province, Kimberley in Northern Cape province and Venetia in Limpopo province even as talks continue, said Peter Bailey, a negotiator for the National Union of Mineworkers. The action will also affect the company’s trading arm, Diamond Trading Co.

new topics

top topics

join