It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt taibbe "everything is rigged" April Rolling stone article

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I usually don't write threads but when I found this article and failed to find it on ATS I had to write a thread about it! IMHO this article shows how far gone our world is and how ignorant most are even those on this site!
I see how most of us are willing to deny there is a world wide collusion of players that some call the Illuminati,
the Bilderbergs or the Trilateral commission well this trumps all that!

www.rollingstone.com...

Conspiracy theorists of the world, believers in the hidden hands of the Rothschilds and the Masons and the Illuminati, we skeptics owe you an apology. You were right. The players may be a little different, but your basic premise is correct: The world is a rigged game. We found this out in recent months, when a series of related corruption stories spilled out of the financial sector, suggesting the world's largest banks may be fixing the prices of, well, just about everything.

Wow someone from within the mainstream media has apologized to us conspiracy theorist for being right!
even if it is rolling stone I will take it. Well the article is very long and important and shows just how deep the corruption is. I apologize if there is a thread about this already but since this is my first one, well, you know!
if it is in the wrong forum I would ask that one of the mods put it right!
Thanks all for reading and stay informed and deny ignorance!
edit on 5-7-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because: >>>>

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Interesting....wonder if this is related to the Michael Hastings death or if this writer had some association with his work and is trying to put what he does know about the story he was working on out to the public.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Let's see if Matt Taibbe has a car accident in the near future.
I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
this type of thinking is found throughout our society when people with critical-thinking skills begin to research the inner workings of our society. Matt, along with others, are saying the same thing as did the comedian George Carlin, although each comes from a different perspective.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

How did you fail to find this subject? There is a big thread on it from april: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im truly curious to know which keyword you used to search on the site.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

How did you fail to find this subject? There is a big thread on it from april: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just did the search again and this time it came up! Oh well first thread and all!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Here is the April thread for those interested www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Now all of us who believe this sort of conspiracy needn't go around beating a drum and screaming

"I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO"

but instead we could politely say..."We might have mentioned this..."

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded,
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I might have mentioned this before!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Describes exactly what really caused our economy to fail worldwide, and how it was done.

Also explains why nothing was done about it.

They win.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If the banks are too big to prosecute, if they are above the law and beyond reach of authority. If they pose a threat to humanity as a whole because of their greed and self interest and degrade quality of life for the bulk of humanity then it is time to insist change one bullet at a time. Eventually, when the fifth CEO of the year takes office, he will get the hint no?

Don't tell me it is beyond the worlds government to EFFECT change with bankers. We bomb, maim and kill thousands of woman and children across the globe every year to eliminate a few "high level" goat herders. We can't exact justice from the banks? Please..........

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists were not right. (Not the one's shouting "Illuminati, NWO, Aliens ate my doughnut, False Flag @ McDonalds, Nibiru is coming, etc.)

The rational minds who don't believe everything they hear, know they way the world works, understand that these kinds of things happen, refuse to make blanket statements simply because they watched a YouTube video... Those people were right.

This is not a revelation. Plenty of professors, whistleblowers and intelligent minds would be aware of this or the possibility of this for decades.

I refuse to acknowledge people who have pushed nonsensical and detrimental ideology into the 'conspiracy crowd' as they have done more to hurt it than support it.

There is evidence of major problems within Trilateral commission, the UN, the Big Banks, IMF, World Bank, etc, etc. But labelling them all Illuminati, and saying they want to put you in FEMA camps has only made the people who enjoy conspiracy literature and alternative media look like a bunch of idiotic yahoos.

In any case, interesting article.

I suppose the major spin is about to come in the few months to follow so long as MSM picks it up. But this is a couple months old already and I'm not sure if it's seen any light...

The gold manipulation doesn't surprise me in the least. After the housing collapse, and the pop up of so many "Cash for Gold" schemes online and advertised on broadcast TV, hordes of people saying "Buy Gold!" online.. I saw it as a definite scheme, that gold would bubble up and eventually drop.

Fortunes must have been made off that one. Get people to dump their personal items for pennies on the dollar, melt it down, sell it back to "investors" (See: Anyone with money who visits Alex Jones et al)

edit on 5-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

One of these days more people will realize that some of the conspiracies that people and main stream media label as BS, will come home to roost. Unfortunately, by that time it will be too late. The damage will have already been done.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yeah he's actually been following the same story for months now. The most recent issue had an article called "the final mystery of the meltdown." It focused the the grading organizations that give banks their ratings (moody and s&p) and their role in this mess. I figure he is writing a book because it seems he's been on this for a while. He's about 10 years behind theorists but he did recently acknowledge that conspiracy theorists seem to be right. That may have been in the article you're discussing. I know it was recently.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
If the banks are too big to prosecute, if they are above the law and beyond reach of authority. If they pose a threat to humanity as a whole because of their greed and self interest and degrade quality of life for the bulk of humanity then it is time to insist change one bullet at a time. Eventually, when the fifth CEO of the year takes office, he will get the hint no?

Don't tell me it is beyond the worlds government to EFFECT change with bankers. We bomb, maim and kill thousands of woman and children across the globe every year to eliminate a few "high level" goat herders. We can't exact justice from the banks? Please..........

"Governments to EFFECT change with bankers"???

The BANKS own the governments.

To add: read "How the World Really Works" by Alan B. Jones. It's a good primer.
edit on 6-7-2013 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Now all of us who believe this sort of conspiracy needn't go around beating a drum and screaming "I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO" but instead we could politely say..."We might have mentioned this..."

yes, accepting a win graciously is much better than harping on people who were mislead.

i'm quite happy about this article, and i must have missed it the first time around.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Now if we only had a big enough wrench to throw into the banking works but I fear we will never get out from under the weight of monetary enslavement! Even if we were to take back our government from the cronies of
banking how would we support our economy now that we are so dependent on other countries for our goods?
Every time we see the truth behind the matrix it seems to get bigger even if it's only from our perspective!

I fear that by the time Joe Public realizes how rigged the game is the goal of the elitist will switch from controlling the game to crashing it~

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Just last week I tried to search for the subject of a thread which got deleted. (The thread violated no rules I could discern, so I assumed it was a duplicate.) It was the psychic parrot thread. So I entered N'kisi (the bird's name) parrot psychic. Which should have been relevant key words. I was directed toward the deleted thread, and one other (which mentioned the parrot, but the thread itself was about intelligent animals, not psychic parrots.)

I had to go to google and use the exact same terms, to discover more threads.

The search engine here is pretty ineffective sometimes.....

top topics

join