It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Ghosts of the Founding Fathers where to appear suddenly how would they react to America right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I believe they would energetically use their 1st amendment Rights followed by an even more energetic use of their 2nd amendment rights to enforce their 10th amendment rights while probably deciding the whole Union thing really was over-rated and 2-3 nations would have been better, in hindsight. Back to the 1st amendment for a collective oooooops.... as they fade like a bad memory for all involved. lol....

The Bill of Rights was not the idea of the founding fathers (constitution signers), it was demanded by the ANTI federalists who refused to sign onto what was written because it centralized power in the hands of a few.

The founding fathers wanted a strong central government and that's exactly what they gave us.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

They would be in awe of our technology............would hate Facebook as do I. I like to think they would find some redeeming quality of what they started. Still got my guns and pre ban Ruger Mini 14 with 90 round drum. And hell yeah to my AR 15. In that regard I think tthey would be nodding their heads in approval. Yeah yeah

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think they might want a cup of tea. I bet half of them would want to go to a Bar. I bet they would be upset with all the legal terminology in the government and I doubt if they would be happy with the morality of this time.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
How would they react?

"What the hell are you people doing? Where are your muskets?"

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

They would probably gather around the whores in congress and hang them for treason.

that is what the finding father would have done.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
meh, callin it a night. happy fourth everyone. enjoy it.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What makes you think they are not here right now? Not as ghosts but in the flesh?

Please put into perspective the amount of lives that were lost. The amount of bloodshed that went into such a project and do the math..,,

Think about the numbers of the population now... Think about the numbers that would shed blood on either side.

Think about what the end goal is....

Every ending is the beginning of the beginning of something new.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You are really asking this? I have to ask why you are asking this question? If you study any of the history on that period, what you would find is way back in the day they struggled with many of the same issues we struggle with today. The popular idea of them being this cohesive directed group of individuals is wrong. They were an exceptional group of thinkers yes, but they frequently had significantly differing opinions on how just what role Government should play. The real big difference is they collectively understood the value of compromise.

How would they react to the America of 2013? They would be more astonished that 200 years later we lost the ability to compromise and that we still haven't fixed any of the issues they would have expected us to deal with. Some of them would even think it was pretty damn cool that the government can spy on you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join