It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Ghosts of the Founding Fathers where to appear suddenly how would they react to America right

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If the Ghosts of the Founding Fathers where to appear suddenly how would they react to America right now?

After seeing this thread about George Washington's Ghost appearing during the civil war (here's the thread link about the his ghost for more info: www.abovetopsecret.com...) An idea got me thinking how would the ghosts of the founding fathers react to America right now

How would they react to the following:

NDAA

The Rise of the Police State

The spying of citizens without their consent

Constitution being violated several times

The Patriot Act

And many other actions the Federal Government did that are deemed unconsitutional

The fact that the citizens aren't resisting the government when it's clearly obvious that are they losing their liberties

Also the fact that they are now branded as domestic terrorists

edit on 4-7-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

They would weep.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They would be disappointed at our short comings and how we should repeat our various success. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The real answer?

Something like WHERES THE NEAREST ARMOURY AND PUB????

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Not at all favorably to much of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
First they would be seriously pissed...

Second I would hand them a freshly cracked open Samuel Adams and they'll say, well ...at least it wasn't all bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
They would be as confused as all heck about technology, short skirts, aircraft, cars, electricity and the lack of slavery.....

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm glad Ben Franks is still around

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

THEY would have the balls to start a 2nd American Revolution, that's what would happen.

They'd take one look at the outrageous taxes we pay on EVERYTHING and that would be enough to set them off!

edit on 4-7-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

They would say

"Wow! What a great place you got here! Finally we can admit our atheism and people wont murder us!".

edit on 4-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

They would say

"Wow! What a great place you got here! Finally we can admit our atheism and people wont murder us!".

And then suddenly they look around at the state of America and say "Where did all the freedoms go?"

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

They would say

And then suddenly they look around at the state of America and say "Where did all the freedoms go?"

Please give me a list of which freedoms have gone anywhere?
An actual list, not your expectation of guns being banned or removed in the future or the IlluminatedNSAHAARPMasons rounding us all up into FEMA camps some years from now. An honest list of constitutional rights that have actually been banned.. Their are a billion things wrong with America..Probably more than a billion but when people talk about all the "rights they have lost" I am always interested to hear what they mean.

I think if the Founding Fathers showed up they would be overwhelmed by everything they see. Conversely I think if we were to go back to their time we would be just as out of our element. You can't really take someone from a couple of hundred years ago , bring them to our time and expect them not to be overwhelmed.
edit on 4-7-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

The 4th amendment as one example. The right to be protected from illegal search and seizures.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

They would say

Please give me a list of which freedoms have gone anywhere?
An actual list, not your expectation of guns being banned or removed in the future or the IlluminatedNSAHAARPMasons rounding us all up into FEMA camps some years from now. An honest list of constitutional rights that have actually been banned.. Their are a billion things wrong with America..Probably more than a billion but when people talk about all the "rights they have lost" I am always interested to hear what they mean.

I think if the Founding Fathers showed up they would be overwhelmed by everything they see. Conversely I think if we were to go back to their time we would be just as out of our element. You can't really take someone from a couple of hundred years ago , bring them to our time and expect them not to be overwhelmed.
edit on 4-7-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

Or how about the fifth. No one should have life liberty or property taken from them without due process. I think we have an example of this being violated right now.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Or the first - freedom of speech which includes freedom of the press. We already know our press is pressured and even threatened by governments. Not taken away from all of us but sends a message and dramatically alters information the public receives.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
They would freak out that we have an african american president. Then, they probably would go to the nearest masonic lodge.

They would marvel at the astonishing amount of firearms.

They would freak out at the fact that women and blacks both have freedom aren't property and are able to vote.

And they would probably pimp slap every single conservative in congress.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Most of them were shills just like Obama so I doubt they'd care. They set this all up and sold the country to foreign bankers by creating the first central bank of the US.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Its Americas birthday today and I still think its the best country in the world to live in. Aside from thatT I'm not too impressed with the NSA and Homeland Security and the Patriot Act. Overkill perhaps.........smokescreens?Most likely. The pendulum swings and I hope we get back to the medium.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I believe they would energetically use their 1st amendment Rights followed by an even more energetic use of their 2nd amendment rights to enforce their 10th amendment rights while probably deciding the whole Union thing really was over-rated and 2-3 nations would have been better, in hindsight. Back to the 1st amendment for a collective oooooops.... as they fade like a bad memory for all involved. lol....

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Sorry dude should of just thrown my two cents in here.
ATS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join