It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Jesus Is Not God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

He doesn't know squat about Jesus and apparently never read Revelation where Jesus says He is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last. OT titles of YHVH.

Indeed, but muslim ignore the NT so i went straight to the OT. Been doing that a lot lately it seems, as if the NT isn't a good enough reference for them that they should have a need for something far older, as if they wouldn't ignore that too and say it was corrupted by jews.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

He doesn't know squat about Jesus and apparently never read Revelation where Jesus says He is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last. OT titles of YHVH.

Indeed, but muslim ignore the NT so i went straight to the OT. Been doing that a lot lately it seems, as if the NT isn't a good enough reference for them that they should have a need for something far older, as if they wouldn't ignore that too and say it was corrupted by jews.

Did you mean Mormons?

And I didn't know they ignore it. And lastly, I know Beck doesn't, he references NT passages or verses from time to time on Sirius XM.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Did you mean Mormons?

And I didn't know they ignore it.

No, they don't. They just have (like the Muslims and a number of others I could name, but won't for fear it will draw them in, lol,) a rather creative way of reading it and blending it in with the teachings of their leaders (exemplified by the "big three" books by Smith, in the case of the Mormons.) They use the King James Version, exclusively, as I recall.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Did you mean Mormons?

And I didn't know they ignore it. And lastly, I know Beck doesn't, he references NT passages or verses from time to time on Sirius XM.

Both would apply. Mormons claim that Jesus is a separate God to be worshipped, which is polytheism and they ignore this little gem:

Isaiah 42:8

8 I am the Lord, that is My name;
And My glory I will not give to another,
Nor My praise to carved images.

Which means all the times Jesus was being worshipped in the NT, that was really God. Been doing my homework.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Long time no see bro, where you been hanging out?

*Gut Shudders and Says* In my head. Scaaaare-ree!!

Glad to be back though and certainly gratified to see old and loved friends.

On topic: I mentioned earlier in this thread that a number of ufologists have speculated that Joseph Smith might be considered a contactee. Here's one article:

JOSEPH SMITH CONTACTEE

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Only through the use of the imagination does god exist, therefore all of religion is based on the imagination.

How people just refuse to accept this is either sheer insanity or utter ignorance.

Without humans, what praises god?

Without imagination, what praises god?

Without EVIDENCE, what praises god?

Why, His very creation would praise Him, brother:

Luke 19:39-40(AKJV)
39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. 40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

And there's plenty of EVIDENCE, if you just open your eyes and heart:

Psalm 19:1
19 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

I am fairly sure Winofiend would call that circular reasoning. Using the Bible to prove itself. You should go with the other evidence you mention.
edit on 6-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by jeramie

I am fairly sure Winofiend would call that circular reasoning. Using the Bible to prove itself. You should go with the other evidence you mention.

We don't need other "evidence" other than the scripture itself. The bible does prove God exists because of the hidden spiritual meaning, that is his unique signature, the allegory hidden within it tells the future. God's advanced foreknowledge is the proof of his existence. The Torah itself is a roadmap to the future, from Christ's first advent till his second appearance, even though it was written 1500 years before he came it details what would later come, a foreshadowing. Those who have the Holy Spirit in them can see these things.

Shalom.
edit on 6-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by jeramie

We don't need other "evidence" other than the scripture itself. The bible does prove God exists because of the hidden spiritual meaning, that is his unique signature, the allegory hidden within it tells the future. God's advanced foreknowledge is the proof of his existence. The Torah itself is a roadmap to the future, from Christ's first advent till his second appearance, even though it was written 1500 years before he came it details what would later come, a foreshadowing. Those who have the Holy Spirit in them can see these things.

Shalom.
edit on 6-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

you are confusing evidence with proof.The evidence cannot prove God exists and neither can faith...and no Hebrews 11 does not prove Gods existence by what happened to those of old.Yahoshua is the author and FINISHER or perfecter(which means maturing ...nothing can be "made" perfect that is imperfect) of faith.

Paul explained this in Corintians 13.
But when that which is perfect [matured] is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

faith and hope are only the beginning.They are not signs of maturity.Paul clearly said when those things are done away with he will Know as he is Known.He is not emphasizing faith at all because he knew it was only a baby step.He didn't say discard them he told the babies to abide in them but maturity (charity what mankind weakly calls love) is the greatest.Paul needed no proof of the existence of God.he knew.He also knew he couldn't prove that to anyone therefore he never attempted to because that isn't what it is about.

When God is hidden from man it is because God doesn''t want them to know.Man cannot find God by "seeking" him.(no one seeks after God... No ONE)God causes man to seek him and only then can he be found.God is not in religion.He is not words in a book.he is none of the things mankind thinks he is Especially the billions of religious "believers"...they are the most lost because ..they think they have found God on their own by "choosing" him.Nothing could be further from the Truth.

God cannot be proved for a very simple reason.He is God and he doesn't need to prove himself.He is not pining after the hearts of mankind like a lovesick schoolboy with a crush on a girl who won't "notice" him.Satan has not thwarted his plans one bit.Neither has the common man or the NWO, the Illuminati,Luciferians,Masons,Bilderbergs,TPTB,The Antichrist or any of that other conspiratory nonsense.God IS.. and that's all there is to that.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How can Jesus be fully God & fully Man?

Great question. If we believe the bible to be true, then it must be so, b/c the bible says He was.

But let's look at it deeper.

At the garden of Eden, after the fall of man, it says clearly that the SEED of MAN would have the curse in it. The sin nature of mankind, comes THROUGH the seed of man, and we know that this sin nature wasn't passed onto Jesus b/c Mary "knew no man", she was impregnated by the Spirit. So that is how he is fully man & fully God.

As for Jesus' saying "My Father is greater than I" in Phil 2:10 we have "At the name of Jesus, every knee will bow & every tongue confess that Jesus is LORD, to the glory of God the father." Yet in Isa 43:10 Yahweh says "
You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."

So which is it? Either Jesus is a fraud, or Yahweh changed His mind, OR... they're part of the same family/trinity.

You don't have to understand the Trinity, I doubt any human mind can, but you can't state it's not biblical, there's too much evidence there for it to be supported.

IIRC Mormons believe Jesus & Satan are "spirit brothers"? (From the cartoon, yes?) So, which Jesus is that? Does that sound like a different Jesus to anyone else? B/c my Jesus totally kicked satan's keister.

/Just sayin'

ETA: I remember reading somewhere online that the book of Mormon was originally a novel titled "Manuscript Found" that didn't end up selling well, or was never published. So if anyone knows anything about that, or already does let me know b/c that was years ago & there is no way I'm finding that again. (Or if it's even true frankly)
edit on 6-7-2013 by schadenfreude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

You don't have to understand the Trinity, I doubt any human mind can, but you can't state it's not biblical, there's too much evidence there for it to be supported.

If you want a better grasp on the trinity, you need to look no further than the Ark of Testimony and the Temple relative to the Son of God. The simplest truth is that Jesus is our God, there is no doubt, he was worshipped and he said it from his own mouth not just in the NT but he told it to the prophets in the OT. Furthermore that was him Moses was with on Mt. Sinai and Horeb which he makes clear in John 5 and that was not his first appearance in the history of men during the Exodus 33 revealing of himself to Moses. Once you wade through all the parables he spoke to hide himself, he does reveal himself. He revealed himself through his actions when he healed the man born blind from birth when he spat in the dirt and mixed the mud in the man's eyes (John 9), which was a play on him spitting in the dirt and molding Adam from it (Genesis 2). When he walked on the sea of Galilee (Matt 14), he was mirroring Daniel 12 when he was standing on the water and talking to Daniel.

Adam and Eve, Christ and his Bride, the Ark and the Temple

In John 3:13 Jesus said he was the only one who ever descended or ascended to heaven (Proverbs 30:4), in John 3:31 John the Baptist says he who comes from above is above all.

In Isaiah 54:5 it says the Redeemer is the God (Elohim) of the whole earth.

5 For your Maker is your husband,
The Lord of hosts is His name;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
He is called the God of the whole earth.

There is so many places that say it, I could literally spend all night pointing at these things and enjoy it. I never get tired of reading it and I alwas find something new I didn't see before.
edit on 7-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The scriptures say nothing of the trinity.The reason it is impossible to perceive the trinity is because it is an extrapolation myth and a doctrine of man.The scriptures never calls "holy spirit" God nor a "person" The trinity is not one God in 3 persons like an egg or water,ice gas or all the other doctrines of men.Yahweh is spirit [life] not "a" spirit.

God is One.The Father and The Son are One in spirit.That Truth cannot be believed it can only be known.Yahoshua said the words I speak are spirit and life the flesh avails nothing.Flesh and blood cannot reveal that Yahoshua is the Son of God only the Father can because they are One.There is no other way to Know the Father and the Son.Whoever knows the Son knows the Father also.

When the Father revealed to Peter who Yahoshua was it wasn't by studying the scriptures and comparing things to put the "clues" together and coming up with a supposition.That is the futility of the carnal mind...religion trying to prove God.It can never know God.Knowing The Son was revealed.. unveiled.... apocalypse.Yahoshua never talks of the holy spirit being another person it is his spirit.. ..life.Yahoshua(Yahweh is salvation) is the comforter that would never leave the disciples comfortless.

So of course Glenn Beck doesn't believe Jesus is God.Neither does he know nor do the majority of man.The many are called only believe.They search the scripture thinking that IN them they have life [spirit] yet fail to come to Yahoshua(Yahwehs salvation..the deliverer) which testify[they bear witness of but are not Yahoshua] that you may have life.The spirit is life. The Father and The Son they are One .There is no trinity

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

So essentially.

To understand the proof you need the holy spirit first.

How does an unbeliever acquire the holy spirit when one is unequipped to understand this proof without it?

It appears you replaced the 'circular reasoning' with something even more peculiar.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

-both came late in the game, and we're spin offs of Judaism/Christianity

Still reviewing page 1 - seems I've read about this here or elsewhere a few weeks ago - but this statement above I wanted to reply to.
Judaism and Christianity were spin-offs of Zoroastrianism. And Zoroastrianism still exists....and it was a 'spin-off' from other prior philosophies and ideas.
Nothing "original" about Judaism or Christianity. Or Islam or Mormonism.

(And also, somebody should tell Glenn Beck
that he is not a journalist).

I have no dog in the "Jesus was _____" fight, though. He was a man who walked the Earth at least once. That's pretty much established for sure.
edit on 7-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The interesting comment in this interview is where the Trinitarian admits that this is one of the most debated topics of theology in the history of Christianity. And why is that ? Because truth seeking Christians that have refused to be influenced by past dogma from the 4th century, come to understand God and Jesus are united in thought, deed and purpose, but not as an entity. They learn the Trinity is a false doctrine inspired by pagan culture. Thus they have the epiphany that this whole concept was planted there by the devil to aid in the further corruption of the church.

SO.....
John 8:32

And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

How does an unbeliever acquire the holy spirit when one is unequipped to understand this proof without it?

The Gospels are the ministry to the unbelievers, those you can read and let him do his work. He is not a possession to be "acquired". He acquires you, not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Because truth seeking Christians that have refused to be influenced by past dogma from the 4th century, come to understand God and Jesus are united in thought, deed and purpose, but not as an entity. They learn the Trinity is a false doctrine inspired by pagan culture.

I have some jewish christian rabbis who would dispute you over the Trinity. The word "Elohim" is plural spoken of in the singular.

Denying the Divinity of ha'Moshiach is a foolish thing, when the prophets tell you he is God. The only true and wise King of Israel is and always has been God.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
The interesting comment in this interview is where the Trinitarian admits that this is one of the most debated topics of theology in the history of Christianity. And why is that ? Because truth seeking Christians that have refused to be influenced by past dogma from the 4th century, come to understand God and Jesus are united in thought, deed and purpose, but not as an entity. They learn the Trinity is a false doctrine inspired by pagan culture. Thus they have the epiphany that this whole concept was planted there by the devil to aid in the further corruption of the church.

SO.....
John 8:32

And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free

I guess that's an allusion to the Council of Nicaea. They never voted to make Jesus God, the voted on how to precisely define His deity.

Big difference.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Well in that case. I have read the Bible start to finish more than once. He hasn't acquired me yet

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Please point out where he "disputes" there IS a trinity.The essence of what he said is Yahweh is Yahoshua and that God is Unity .....One.The scriptures do not support the trinity.It is a doctrine of man.The real point is man cannot Know God by the scriptures.First there are none in physical existence.God made that possible.The bible books are translations from other sources(The Dead Sea scrolls etc).The "bible" has proved to be very inerrant even in those translations of the known copies.Again... all caused by God.

God is not words in a book to be studied to be known.God is not a "belief" or faith in words.That is how the doctrines of men are made that make void the LIVING word of God.They are not written on stone or paper.God does not unveil himself to man through writings or mysticism and ceremony of religion.The Kingdom of God COMES without observance.It is neither here nor there it is IN your midst.God will reveal that when God wills to through Gods methods not mans religion.Very simply .All the doctrines of All religions are wrong.They are all on the wide path leading to destruction.Those that believe them will say Lord Lord didn't we do great works in your name and he will say I never knew you.Yes ....irony ... in many,many ways.Gods ways and thoughts are not ours.That's the 1st of many veils.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join