It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 4th, ATS Veteran Thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You presented "the job"as if it should be glorified. Those were not your exact words but that is the sentiment I felt from your OP. The "job" has no honor and I come from a military family and my brother was even wounded in Afghanistan. You are nothing more than murderers for hire.

In all of recorded history, there has never been a nation that existed without a standing army. From the smallest greek city states, to the massive militaries the world has today. Somebody has to stand on the walls. Its a job that nobody wants to do, but somebody has to.

I honestly do feel for you, and the families of your fallen friends, but not once did you show sympathy for the people who's country you turned upside down or any of their fallen. You made it sound like a big sob story and played the innocent victim when in fact you were the aggressor invading a foreign land blindly following orders.

How do you know I never felt sympathy for the people who lived where I was deployed to? Do you really believe that all soldiers are brainless, heartless killing machines unable to feel empathy for another human being?

I would not have posted in this thread if you would have acknowledged at least some guilt for being there in the first place, but all you cared about were you friends, you couldn't be bothered to care about the other side who sufffered way more than you could ever imagine.

Again, you are making assumptions that are obviously being fueled by your emotions. Please tell me all about the suffering of people during a war. I've only been to two of them. How many have you been to?

And that jingoistic delusional poem was just horrible. You may not like this post, but the truth hurts sometimes and is not always welcomed. Now go back to sleep my friend.

The poem resonated with me as being powerful. That's fine if it does'nt suit you though. After all, you get to live in a country where you can like or not like anything you wish. All because of the sacrifices of my brothers and sisters in arms over the many years this country has existed.

Is this where you respond and accuse me of trolling?

I have no need to accuse you, since you make it so obvious.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

Um, if I might interject a tiny thought.......EXACTLY!!!!!!

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Very rarely, but every once in a while, I'm sorry I didn't see combat. That I was safe at Ft. Knox.

The unity of the men, the willingness to band together to accomplish a tremendously difficult task, the ultimate declaration that there is something more important than an individual.

I know that such men may be, and have been, misused, but that does not diminish them. Scared, sometimes confused, they pressed on. That's courage.

Whatever small salute I can offer, I do. Thank you.

ponder this..

actions, acts (vs) intentions, intent... what matters there? the intent or the act?

enough said.

did it matter the intent of the british agents circa 1760?
did the intent matter for nazi soldiers? i mean they werent all bad guys were they?
how about the intent of suicide bombers? they are doing god's work right? in intent anyway.. that matters more than acts right?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by HanzHenry

I don't believe you're a Vet.

I’ve never heard of lat-moving downward from an air wing gig (MWSS373) to a combat engineer (3rd eng btn) but OK! Seems like a waste of money for the Corps.

Could be a disgruntled Admin Pogue with a dozen NJP’s who got processed out before pinning on LCPL.

edit on 5-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Look buddy,

Please elaborate on how I am trolling.

Please point out exactly what I did to troll.

Stating basic facts, which you have not been able to refute, is not trolling.

I am not trying to derail your thread, and apologize for this back and forth bickering, but you accused me of being a troll with nothing to back it up so it is YOU who started this.

Just because I do not agree with you, does not mean I am a troll.

Judging by your use of the word, I am willing to bet that you don't even know what it means.

"He doesn't agree with and presented some facts and logic, so he must be a troll!"

edit on 7/5/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You're pathetic dude. I have nothing more to say on that. I have family on active duty right now and would like to give a shout out... that is all. Thanks to veterans we have a 4th of July to celebrate.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

You're pathetic dude.

I see you have a real classy way of expressing you point

Hopefully your family on active duty have more smarts than you do, for their own good, and for the good of the people's country they are invading.

Take care

It seems certain members in this thread must resort to name calling when they have no logical debate to put forth. I rest my case...I will let this jingo backscratching thread continue. The last thing I want to do is wake anyone from their government propaganda induced slumber....sleep well my friends.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Look buddy,

Please point out exactly what I did to troll.

Well, let’s take a look, shall we?

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

This thread is dedicated to all my brothers and sisters in arms that do the job that nobody wants to do.

Invade foreign countries for reasons based on lies and kill people?

Troll – is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
link

Yes, sounds pretty accurate in this case!

A thread directed at veterans, paying respect to veterans, and you jump in with that comment?

NO…that wasn’t “deliberately inflammatory” and designed to “upset people”!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

On Certain topics Seabag how some feel or think is irrelevant.

They just haven't figured it out yet is all.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Troll – is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Well, thank you for proving my point

You have proven that I am not a troll.

All I did was state a few factual observations in response to the OP's opening post, nothing I said was inflmamatory, extraneous, or off topic. He disagreed with my reality based logic and sreamed "TROLL" since it did not fit within his perceived realm of reality. If anything the OP and his groupies are the ones trolling this thread.

Going by OP and a few other people in this thread, simply disagreeing and presenting factual, logical information is now considered trolling.

What has happened to my beloved ATS?

Damn you Seabag for luring me back to this delusional thread

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well, thank you for proving my point

You have proven that I am not a troll.

Nice twist but no joy!

All I did was state a few factual observations in response to the OP's opening post, nothing I said was inflmamatory, extraneous, or off topic. He disagreed with my reality based logic and sreamed "TROLL" since it did not fit within his perceived realm of reality. If anything the OP and his groupies are the ones trolling this thread.

There is a time and a place for everything, friend. A respectful tribute to fallen heroes isn’t the time for your anti-war vitriolic responses.

Westboro Baptist Church???

Is that YOU???

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Look buddy, Please elaborate on how I am trolling. Please point out exactly what I did to troll. Stating basic facts, which you have not been able to refute, is not trolling.

I have no need to refute your "facts". They have so far been nothing more than your objective opinions.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people.[1]. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
en.wikipedia.org...(Internet)

I think it is pretty obvious from your very first post in this thread that the definition fits you very well.

I am not trying to derail your thread, and apologize for this back and forth bickering, but you accused me of being a troll with nothing to back it up so it is YOU who started this. Just because I do not agree with you, does not mean I am a troll. Judging by your use of the word, I am willing to bet that you don't even know what it means. "He doesn't agree with and presented some facts and logic, so he must be a troll!"

Actually I have heard no facts or logic from you. Just overly emotional inflammatory comments ( such as "murderer") with no real basis in any experience.

It's all good though, you keep on exercising that first amendment right. And I will keep honoring those of us who make it possible for you to do so!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Actually, it seems that everyone else that has participated in this thread is in agreement that you're trolling pretty hard. Myself and another poster even were kind enough to give you the definition yet you try to turn things around and say everyone else are the ones trolling and I am the one who started being inflammatory to you in my own thread.

Don't worry, I'm sure its not you and its just everyone else that's wrong. Right?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Actually, it seems so far that everyone else that has participated in this thread is in agreement that you're trolling pretty hard. Myself and another poster even were kind enough to give you the definition yet you try to turn things around and say everyone else are the trolls and I am the one who started being inflammatory to you in my own thread.

Don't worry, I'm sure its not you and its just everyone else that's wrong. Right?

No, its more like trolltards like him HATE being exposed for what they are: trolls in mommys basement being an internet warrior

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Why do some speak when its not necessary, oh yea because they have the right, first and foremost, but still tasteless. The ones that fought and died for this day are gone but never forgotten, Cancer warrior, thanks for the thread, hommer, seabags, and slayer wooha

CE have some respect wether you agree with the thread or not is your own issue.We get the point. And for your list of credentials some of us just say we served.
Further more we dont need a day to remember the fallen we should remember them every breath we take for they paid a price that some will never have in front of them.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I don't believe you're a Vet.

I’ve never heard of lat-moving downward from an air wing gig (MWSS373) to a combat engineer (3rd eng btn) but OK! Seems like a waste of money for the Corps.

Could be a disgruntled Admin Pogue with a dozen NJP’s who got processed out before pinning on LCPL.

nope I made corp. and have a re-1 code, thanks very much. good cookie too, so i was a good little marine.

and smart guy, motor T was my primary MOS, hence there is motor T at every unit, air wing, eng bn, mef, arty, etc
Was part of Air Contingency Force, we were on the ground in 1995.

spent most of my time TAD to Imef (33 margaritaville) stateside doing strange things(no haircuts, civvies most the time)ever heard of margaritaville?
see, when you grad bootcamp with company high shooter award, have a 130 GT score, 20/80(pull/sit), and have family members all throughout the corps. things roll the right way..

ill bet your asvab wasn't that spectacular,..

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Slayer is not a veteran, ask him and he will tell you so.

Slayer is jealous of HanzHenry's service.

Hanz can prove his MOS, can you Slayer?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Here is an elaboration of how that was TROLLING:

Point of fact civilians start wars.

I suggest for those who have 'issues' with the military take it up with the CIVILIAN COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

Oh and pay close attention to the signature below:

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Guess where that comes from people?

Hint has something to do with the 4th.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sad.

I think respect went out the window, a page back. Not to mention that the very premise of this thread was for a Happy 4th for ATS veterans, not one filled with pissing and moaning about "policy" and personal hatred for anything American. If you look at it for what it really is, its a few that Hate anything America stands for, its policies, right or wrong, and have a need daily, to voice their opinions like ANYONE cares..... Have to love a free Country where you can still say what you feel. I'm enjoying the weekend, and thank all those who have served, even those who are jaded, or have been hurt somehow.

Have a great 4th weekend, Boys and Girls!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

BINGO!

American.. what is american is so far away from what an AMERICAN was..

foreign wars for profit.

read General Smedley Darlington Butler.. I am in HIS camp..

although the same people here would call him un-american, hating anything american, etc too right?

see, being "American" means going against the mob mentality, standing up for principle OVER personal gain/loss. What has become of america is so far unrecognizable.

the time for fist bumping, back patting, "oh gee arent we swell" gung ho blind american "patriotism"(copyright 1913) is OVER.

there needs to be a serious assessment of HOW far OFF the reservation we have allowed this bus to go.
and any time a coherent fact beyond reproach is made,

the 'murcans' resort back to name calling.. just like a child whose position has no merit

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

War for profit eh?

Forgetting about who and what has been killing American servicemen for near 60 years?

That would be Russian, and Chinese weapons.

Making billions for them and then OPEC countries raking in the dough.

But who really cares right?

The youngest country in the world just so bloody evil, truth is not even close to being the worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join