It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 4th, ATS Veteran Thread.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This thread is dedicated to all my brothers and sisters in arms that do the job that nobody wants to do.

My Boots are off,I war no more
All my gear lay on the floor
I stop and think, of days gone by
of brothers and friends, whom had to die
to fight for honor, and sacrifice
so many so dear who paid the price
Too few are those, who realize not
what price was paid for what theve got
So I ask you now, for something so small
not money, not fame, but as equally tall
Give thanks to those you come accross
and Swell with pride for those we've lost.
Consider one more second where you stand,
Within the greatest Nation in all the land
-Author Unknown-

I always found it interesting that the Norse God of War (Odin) was also the same as their God of poetry.

So I wanted to post this on this 4th to pay tribute to those friends of mine that I personally served with that will never come home.

Sgt. Cook.
Pfc. Staley
Spc. Whitaker
Ssg. Baker
Pfc. Barnett
Spc. Downs.

As long as I'm alive none of you will truly die. I'll see you one day soon brothers.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

(Cancerwarrior) to you and yours...plus my parents and uncles who are veterans; and all of the military....

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

This thread is dedicated to all my brothers and sisters in arms that do the job that nobody wants to do.

Invade foreign countries for reasons based on lies and kill people?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I hear ya' bro.

This goes out to you Monty. You did nothing differently than any of the rest of us would. It was just your time. Sorry I was not there.

To the four lost in Baquba, I think of you often.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

No need to troll. This thread is for any ATS veteran/member that wants to honor their fallen buds memories, even if its so trivial as typing it.

Happy 4th of July!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm not a vet but happy 4th to everyone. I respect the people who serve/served in the military.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

SERIOUSLY? Do you really have no life troll??
Try getting out of mommy's basement and get a life
edit on 7/4/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Happy Birthday USA! I thank my stepdad Jim who fought in WWII Battle of the Bulge. He lost his leg but not his spirit. You dealt with it the best you knew. RIP...

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You know, I usually enjoy your posts and look forward to them, but not this one...since when did you throw down chump comments so far off base that "poor generalization" doesn't begin to justify it..?

As a matter of fact, I'm hoping you've been hitting up the bottle prior to that sh!t...otherwise it would appear you've become jaded beyond help and need to find the Reset button. But I can help you out CE - nothing like going after a has-been; it builds character.

Keep in mind people, there are quite a few north americans that don't support military action abroad, but do support a document written over 200 years ago that did indeed get it right.

Happy 4th All..!

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

the drones and mindless sheeple.

PS.. this IS NOT VETERANS DAY

or

MEMORIAL DAY..

why dont you mindless lets pat our fellow buds on the back because what we are doing in afghanistan and iraq are SOOOOOOO much similar to the revolutionary war!! WTF!@!!!

actually, if any of these veterans [including myself] were patriots we would be in a much better country today.

SO, we veterans... lets remember.. we are basically thugs for the elites and have been for over 100 years..
i know the pats on the back make everyone feel good. but come on!!!

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I don't believe you're a Vet.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I don't believe you're a Vet.

dont believe.

I went to MCRD san diego jun3 1993.. charlie company platoon 1038.
mwss 373 mcas el toro
imef camppen
3d eng bn okinanwa
3d fssg okinawa

then i was in the USCG after that

then I was a govt contractor thru shaw

anything else dweeb?

last unit seperations company campen

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

dweeb?

Class

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

dweeb?

Class

you insulted elaborating im not a vet why?

becasue i dont blindly chest bump false patriotism?

nope, i have the courage and honor to stand up for ideals long forgotten.

are you a vet?
edit on 4-7-2013 by HanzHenry because: thinking

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Very rarely, but every once in a while, I'm sorry I didn't see combat. That I was safe at Ft. Knox.

The unity of the men, the willingness to band together to accomplish a tremendously difficult task, the ultimate declaration that there is something more important than an individual.

I know that such men may be, and have been, misused, but that does not diminish them. Scared, sometimes confused, they pressed on. That's courage.

Whatever small salute I can offer, I do. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Thanks bro, I think it is a very nice thread and idea.

If only the folks from westborro baptist church would find a new hobby...............

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

No need to troll. This thread is for any ATS veteran/member that wants to honor their fallen buds memories, even if its so trivial as typing it.

Happy 4th of July!

I promise you that I am not trolling, and it is a lame copout for you to say so.

You presented "the job"as if it should be glorified. Those were not your exact words but that is the sentiment I felt from your OP. The "job" has no honor and I come from a military family and my brother was even wounded in Afghanistan. You are nothing more than murderers for hire.

I honestly do feel for you, and the families of your fallen friends, but not once did you show sympathy for the people who's country you turned upside down or any of their fallen. You made it sound like a big sob story and played the innocent victim when in fact you were the aggressor invading a foreign land blindly following orders.

I would not have posted in this thread if you would have acknowledged at least some guilt for being there in the first place, but all you cared about were you friends, you couldn't be bothered to care about the other side who sufffered way more than you could ever imagine.

And that jingoistic delusional poem was just horrible.

You may not like this post, but the truth hurts sometimes and is not always welcomed.

Now go back to sleep my friend.

Is this where you respond and accuse me of trolling?

This is an open public forum and I do not see any rules saying that I cannot post in this thread.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

SERIOUSLY? Do you really have no life troll??
Try getting out of mommy's basement and get a life
edit on 7/4/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

I am at work right now in my office thank you, where are you and what are you doing right now?

You are another "genius" who reacts to facts and logic by yelling "troll".

Mommy's basement?

That sounds like a troll comment to me

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

You know, I usually enjoy your posts and look forward to them, but not this one...since when did you throw down chump comments so far off base that "poor generalization" doesn't begin to justify it..?

As a matter of fact, I'm hoping you've been hitting up the bottle prior to that sh!t...otherwise it would appear you've become jaded beyond help and need to find the Reset button. But I can help you out CE - nothing like going after a has-been; it builds character.

Keep in mind people, there are quite a few north americans that don't support military action abroad, but do support a document written over 200 years ago that did indeed get it right.

Happy 4th All..!

Yes...INVADE FOREIGN LANDS AND KILL PEOPLE.

You forgot to quote the other part...FOR REASONS BASED ON LIES.

I am glad you enjoy some of my posts, as some of yours are nice as well.

Just so you know, I was sober as can be when I posted this yesterday and meant every word. The jingos need to stop being so blind, you called me a chump for stating basic facts. Get a clue my friend.

If you think that these true words I typed make me jaded, then it is you who is too far gone and lack the ability of rational thought. I hate having to say these things to fellow ATS members, but I only do so when it is called for.

Thank you for the offer, but I do not need your help, perhaps I can help you instead.

Happy 5th

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You presented "the job"as if it should be glorified. Those were not your exact words but that is the sentiment I felt from your OP. The "job" has no honor and I come from a military family and my brother was even wounded in Afghanistan. You are nothing more than murderers for hire.

In all of recorded history, there has never been a nation that existed without a standing army. From the smallest greek city states, to the massive militaries the world has today. Somebody has to stand on the walls. Its a job that nobody wants to do, but somebody has to.

I honestly do feel for you, and the families of your fallen friends, but not once did you show sympathy for the people who's country you turned upside down or any of their fallen. You made it sound like a big sob story and played the innocent victim when in fact you were the aggressor invading a foreign land blindly following orders.

How do you know I never felt sympathy for the people who lived where I was deployed to? Do you really believe that all soldiers are brainless, heartless killing machines unable to feel empathy for another human being? If thats the case, then none of the veterans coming home should be suffering from PTSD and all of the other mental problems servicemen are experiencing. Everyone would come home with a totally clean conscience.

I would not have posted in this thread if you would have acknowledged at least some guilt for being there in the first place, but all you cared about were you friends, you couldn't be bothered to care about the other side who sufffered way more than you could ever imagine.

Again, you are making assumptions that are obviously being fueled by your emotions. Please tell me all about the suffering of people during a war. I've only been to two of them. How many have you been to?

Try all you like, but you won't make me feel ashamed of my military service. It was a big factor in making me the person I am today. And I like who I am today. You must take the good with the bad in life.

And that jingoistic delusional poem was just horrible. You may not like this post, but the truth hurts sometimes and is not always welcomed. Now go back to sleep my friend.

The poem resonated with me as being powerful. That's fine if it does'nt suit you though. After all, you get to live in a country where you can like or not like anything you wish. All because of the sacrifices of my brothers and sisters in arms over the many years this country has existed.

Is this where you respond and accuse me of trolling?

I have no need to accuse you, since you make it so obvious.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join