It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting your double with almost the same lifestory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I definitely dream about meeting my double with almost the same lifestory.

Hope, that this dream is not going to affect whole my life, but I have to admit that I feel really alone in my hometown without having in my life friends with similar lifestory to mine.

I have always dreamed about group of friends who not only believes in the same things like me, but experienced the same or similar things in their life as me. I think that i would be glad to meet at least 1 girl in my situation.

Can you imagine that I have never had opportunity to met girl who:
- is an only child (well I have got 2 half-sisters, but my dad is not dad for them and they actually are not in my daily life) brought up by lonely dad, because of mum's death, when i was 9 years old,
- who change her believes from Catholicism to an Evangelical Christianity,
-who dreams about making movie based on story created by her own about different belief systems.

I know I am crazy with my though about meeting my double.

What do you think, is it a real treasure to meet a person with almost the same lifestory or even identical or it is better to have totally different friends than our lifestory and personality?

I am glad if someone of U met in their life a double one

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Me and my wife have very similar lives.

Both of our Exs have a brother named David.

Both of our Exs have a father named Dale.

We both have a mentally challenged cousin named Mathew.

My wife's birthday is the same date as my first marriages wedding anniversary.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnieWolf19

Its not surprising youve never met someone who wants to make the same movie as you. Ive hardly met anyone who wants to make a movie at all. Its surprising youve never met someone who is an only child. Its surprising youve never met someone who switched from catholic to christian. Im sure there are a decent amount of people who are only childs and switched religions. Its that movie part thats a tough one to find a match.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have sent you a U2U before.

Only child, no cousins aunts or uncles ect. Deceased mother. However, I had an absent father so I was raised by my grandmother who resented the fact she got stuck with me.

I converted from evangelical Christianity to atheism, so not really the same here.

Not really interested in making a movie.

I do understand why you would want that. Having someone with a similar life story would mean someone who understands what you are going through, and it is always nice to have someone that you can share and talk about your interest with.

Multiple people can provide that though.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think a big problem is when somebody (including me) meets only people who are in a better life situation or in a worse situation than this person. And this person becomes tired of both types of people who she/he meets.
Maybe they help this person or she/he helps others in a worse situations, but there is something what is missing.

Personally, I think that in my situation is not about meeting someone who wants to make a movie...but mostly there is a lack of sb, who was raised only by dad and faith was always important role in her/his personal life---conversion from Catholicism to Evangelical Christianity was really important change of action in my life. And there is lots of people who experienced this type of conversion, but not so many with both events like being brought up as a girl only by dad and convert as a lonely and only person in whole family from Cath. to Ev.Christ.

Anyway, I just share with U my thoughts, i know that it is not good to always complain, but sometimes we need to throw somewhere our wounds.

It's hard to live, when U know that somewhere in the world there are people similar to your personality and lifestory and U live in a place, where U can not meet at least one.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Wow, this is amazing that U met woman, who is so good matched to your person and is your wife.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Yes, I remember that U sent me a message and I still have it saved. You must be a really strong woman who has a really one of the most original lifestories. And for sure in a case of family much harder situation than mine.
Hope, that you've got good friends in your adult life

THANK YOU once again for your words of support.
edit on 5-7-2013 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2013 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join