It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA UNTIED!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Kind of disappointed at Americans, went out no flags waving, no grills smelling up the neighborhoods, and not a damn parade to be found. So today I had to explain to my daughter, people today don't respect what America should stand for. Most are interested in themselves, and could give a crap about the collective
Today I will still do my best despite the odds being stacked against me to give my children the 4th I had. I feel it's my responsibility.I do complain about the state of the state, so I be darned if I'm going to be a part of the cause.
So let's all be a part of the solution and fire up those grills, let's take our kids to a fire station. Even better let's share some of our day with a vet and SHOW the we haven't forgotten. AMERICA UNTIED!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My family is going to BBQ later when it's cooler. California is suffering from a bad heat wave that making a walk outside to be a living heck. Personally I think it's good to relax today in a cool home with the fan on me. Just being able to relax is perfect.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CKBURNS

Kind of disappointed at Americans, went out no flags waving, no grills smelling up the neighborhoods, and not a damn parade to be found.

Sadly, this is the agenda of the people, not of the government. Funny how the government isn't getting this message. We want friends and family and cookouts and goodwill towards the whole world. The government wants to play spy games and rule the world. I dunno.
edit on 7/4/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm assuming you meant to type UNITED, and not UNTIED.

I think many Americans are weighed down with many worries, and problems. Many of them probably don't feel very celebratory. I can't say as I blame them.

Others aren't so sure we ever won independence from the crown. So obviously, Independence Day is one big lie to those folks.

Teach your children what you believe is right. But I don't think it's fair to blame an American public who feels just a bit oppressed by a government who could care less about the people they're supposed to be serving.

Happy 4th.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

No I meant untied as we are not very united any longer. And trust me I feel the pinch as much a the next guy, but I won't let that hold me back. And I'm not talking a boozefest, but time with family BEING American, living the dream, even if it no longer applies. Today, to me, it does. I am, and will celebrate what it should mean to be an American!

reread that and I sounded mad, sorry just passionate. I love my country, but hate my gov't!
edit on 7/4/2013 by CKBURNS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CKBURNS
Kind of disappointed at Americans, went out no flags waving, no grills smelling up the neighborhoods, and not a damn parade to be found. So today I had to explain to my daughter, people today don't respect what America should stand for. Most are interested in themselves, and could give a crap about the collective
Today I will still do my best despite the odds being stacked against me to give my children the 4th I had. I feel it's my responsibility.I do complain about the state of the state, so I be darned if I'm going to be a part of the cause.
So let's all be a part of the solution and fire up those grills, let's take our kids to a fire station. Even better let's share some of our day with a vet and SHOW the we haven't forgotten. AMERICA UNTIED!

Why thank you sir!!!

This VET respects and thanks you for your service to the country. Grills, beers, fireworks, family, friends, good times....it is the 4TH of fricking JULY!!!!!! If it isnt about that, I dont even know what I served for!!!!!!

Cudos to you sir, for understanding and applying the main point of the all our service, the freedom to be, and do you, your way.

Happy 4TH!!!!!! Hope you bring a beer and a hot dog for me!

I have to work tonight from 10PM to 6 AM, so I will not, get to be with my family for the fireworks, for the first time ever....
...Ya I know a VET that has to work on the 4TH....but I am paying the bills....what does one do???

Enjoy your 4TH!!!! Happy Independence Day, and a good time to you and yours!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Klassified

No I meant untied as we are not very united any longer. And trust me I feel the pinch as much a the next guy, but I won't let that hold me back. And I'm not talking a boozefest, but time with family BEING American, living the dream, even if it no longer applies. Today, to me, it does. I am, and will celebrate what it should mean to be an American!

reread that and I sounded mad, sorry just passionate. I love my country, but hate my gov't!

I understand completely!!!

I often come off as "MAD". But am simply quite passionate about my country, and the beliefs I hold dear.

I found your statements to be quite correct, and not overboard at all.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Good thread! Very well expressed and as you should be passionate! I am too, even posted a Restore The Fourth sharing thread. I have seen a few festivities locally, but being the West Coast and being behind have yet to see it as a whole yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

This is what our 4th in Maine has consisted of so far. Soon TPTB shall revoke our right to celebrate, as it is becoming to dangerous!
www.wcsh6.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Happy 4TH!!!!!! Hope you bring a beer and a hot dog for me! I have to work tonight from 10PM to 6 AM, so I will not, get to be with my family for the fireworks, for the first time ever....

Thank you for my freedom! Here's something to hopefully brighten your day, just insert family "here"

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
went to a family cookout, made many a toast to my fellow vets, past and present

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
went to a family cookout, made many a toast to my fellow vets, past and present

I am toasting you right now!!!!!

Good show, thats what the holidays are for, you do your brothers proud just by living, and doing these things they would be doing if they could!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We put some burgers and hot dogs on the grill, had friends over, and shot off a ton of fireworks (big mortar kind, I don't play)...while others did likewise around us. Must just be where you are at...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CKBURNS

Southside of Chicago here... You could smell the grills burning for miles around me. You could here endless 4th parties and the fireworks out here are unreal. I bbq'd at our friends house and watched the Tinley Park fireworks and several other town's fireworks as they were very visible even from miles away. The neighborhood was booming and I counted at minimun 18 silver salutes mortors (The really really loud 1/4 or 1/2 stick of dynomite mortors) that were set off just by the neighbors.

This is consecutive for every 4th in the Chicagoland area. When the 4th comes around the pits are lit and we get DOWN BABY YEAYA!

Good call on giving your kids the best 4th possible, as I do see your point and and wanted to give you a
for doing that for your kids... Kudos~

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My stepson got so giddy (his first time setting off a mortar). It was priceless! If you've never done them, they sound like a cannon going off, shoot REALLY high, and then are just smaller versions of the fireworks you see at professional events. Our Harry Potter-esque wand duels with Roman Candles was pretty fun too. The ground was so wet with so much rain recently (and earlier that day), so fire hazards weren't even a problem.

A lot of my neighbors have these, and it was cool with everyone seeing everybody else's.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

No, if we really cared about our country we wouldn't be sticking our "collective" heads in the sand and as you say fire up the grills and waive at the firetrucks, but rather every man, woman and child needs to turn the grills off, shutter the windows and frog march your "collective" asses to your states capital all 300 million of us and park our collective asses in the city squares until the government concedes it has lost its mandate to rape and pillage nations with our blessings.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CKBURNS

I'm kinda curious as to where you are. We had so many different events celebrating the fourth. Flags flying high, cookouts everywhere. And each park held a diff kind of little festival. Sorry you didn't have a nice fourth but I'll tell ya...my family sure did. I even popped on the song by woody Guthrie 'this land is your land' ...IMHO....I think that should be our national anthem.
Anyway...I'm in the south in north Mississippi .... Many proud Americans around here.

Hope things are better for you.
Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I saw a headline somewhere saying something like "Celebrating Independence Day in a Country Where Your Government is Spying on You". Obviously you can add other issues to that statement including ObamaCare, the IRS, taking the 5th, etc. Maybe many of us aren't seeing something to celebrate. Other than the obvious lie that we are free.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So, you are disappointed that people chose to celebrate in a way that didn't fit into your paradigm?

People are free to express their love for their freedom and country however they so choose. If that is in their air conditioned house on a hot day, so be it. My wife and I watched fireworks from our bedroom window. I made the statement a few times on an online community 'happy independence day NSA' as a joke ... or at least the joke on the public on how we have no real privacy or independence.

Let us (peacefully) retake this country ... of the people, by the people, for the people; so we can once again celebrate the country's greatness, and its citizens' freedoms and liberties. On that year, we should see the largest celebration of Independence Day ... until then ...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As a Brit, living in England, I find it somewhat amusing by the irony of it all, that we have here a thread of disappointment and complaint regarding the celebration of Independence Day in the 'Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave'.

The turgid truth is that you don't have independence. You never were the land of the 'free', certainly no more free than any of the people living here in the British Isles. Whatever you believed you had more than any other country, was quite simply one big self-delusion. Many Americans, especially the so-called patriots, spit out statements of nationalistic pride and take them to be fact, but the truth is, your country has been re-engineered right from under your feet. You have a bigger and more solidified tyranny now than you ever faced against King George, built and put in place by your very own compatriots, and allowed to be erected by a nation that couldn't care less about its own country's founding principles.

Not much time after gaining independence from the tyranny of the British crown, you promptly set about building your own. I suppose, therefore, all tyranny is bad except if it is American tyranny. That this must be so, is due to the very conspicuous absence of any real resistance to evermore governmental power grabs, constitutional reinterpretations and reforms, leading to dilution of your constitutional rights and freedoms. So yeah, I guess you have a lot to celebrate.

You guys celebrating independence day is like the Saudis celebrating Bin laden day. What's the point...you've nothing to celebrate, but much to be ashamed off. Well done there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join