It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Employer Mandate Fiasco -- Political Madness Is Right!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I am at a loss for words to be honest with you. Maybe I understood this wrong, so correct me if that's the case.

Here's what happened.

1. Obama and the Dem's come up with this affordable care act.
2. Conservatives scream and moan and scream and moan ( among other groups) that's it's terrible, needs to not happen.
3. It gets passed, conservatives call it the beginning of the end of America.
4. Conservatives rail against liberals stating they are blatantly disregarding freedom of choice by FORCING employers to pay for healthcare coverage or offer it and to forcing citizens from buying it.
5. Obama says he's delaying the part about employers for another full year.

Here's the amazing part:

6. Conservatives loose their minds and rail against Obama, calling it even 'illegal' for him to postpone the mandate.

I'm giggling as a type this. It's amazing how politics works doesn't it? It just goes to show that it doesn't matter who is in charge, or what decisions they make, the other side of aisle is just waiting to take political brownie points at their expense.

It's sort of Pathetic. On both sides.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You understood it right. And I agree with you. Pathetic, indeed, especially since it's written that the mandate effective date is "after Dec. 31, 2013" and that the effective date will be proclaimed by the Secretary.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
First part of the political madness was the force of using government tyranny to force people to buy a corporate product.

Second part of that madness was using the IRS to 'enforce' that political madness

Third part of that was the creation of the 'datahub' linking healthcare, with the IRS, and the DOD.

And now it's delayed 5 years after pass that super duper all damn fired so important corporate product.

And two sides jocking for the next election and the one after it.

Political madness?

Yep

Created for political reasons,defended for political reasons, declared as a 'tax' for political reasons, and delayed for political reasons.

So I some what agree with 'Political Madness''.

Because the people never once entered in to that equation.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They aren't mad about the delay. That's a deflection away from the issue.

They don't want it to ever be implemented...duh.

Do I need to spell out yet again what pathetic an admission of failure this is by Obama? Or what a nakedly political act of cowardice it is? Oh, and that's before we get to the truly staggering implications: if Obama can simply decide to unilaterally 'suspend' one of the KEY PROVISIONS in his supposedly awesome let's-pass-it-so-we-can-discover-what' s-in-it healthcare law, why couldn't future Presidents decide to, you know, suspend every provision? It's a LAW NOW. Duly passed by Congress and signed by the President. But hey, if the President decides it's gonna hurt his party in the upcoming elections then it's totally cool to just say "nah bro, we won't be doing that bit."

Good to know that enforcement of the laws -- especially the stupidly self-destructive ones that you forced your own party to railroad through in the teeth of massive national opposition -- is now merely 'optional' on the part of any given administration. Can't wait to see what the next Republican president does with that power...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You understood it right. And I agree with you. Pathetic, indeed, especially since it's written that the mandate effective date is "after Dec. 31, 2013" and that the effective date will be proclaimed by the Secretary.

Could you link us up to some data about the 'proclamation'.

I just looked on the HHS.gov website and they haven't changed the site to reflect this proclamation thing. Everywhere that I looked it says January 1 , 2014.
edit on 4-7-2013 by butcherguy because: typo

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
First part of the political madness was the force of using government tyranny to force people to buy a corporate product.

Second part of that madness was using the IRS to 'enforce' that political madness

Third part of that was the creation of the 'datahub' linking healthcare, with the IRS, and the DOD.

And now it's delayed 5 years after pass that super duper all damn fired so important corporate product.

And two sides jocking for the next election and the one after it.

Political madness?

Yep

Created for political reasons,defended for political reasons, declared as a 'tax' for political reasons, and delayed for political reasons.

So I some what agree with 'Political Madness''.

Because the people never once entered in to that equation.

spot on neo, as usual.

You and sea bag should start a news network, you guys would be bugger than Fox in less than 5 years.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I just looked on the HHS.gov website and they haven't changed the site to reflect this proclamation thing. Everywhere that I looked it says January 1 , 2014.

Um ......how thick are you.......dec. 31-2013....jan 1 2014....same day yes???

Ok thought so just checking for the .gov calendar impaired.

And so another newborn enters the net for the first time........
edit on 4-7-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

It is a difference of one second between the 2....just saying man, didnt you look at the dates at all?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Affordable Care Act:

(d) EFFECTIVE DATE
.—The amendments made by this section shall apply to taxable years ending after December 31, 2013.

AFTER Dec 31, 2013. And it also states the Secretary will promulgate the effective date.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by butcherguy

Um ......how thick are you.......dec. 31-2013....jan 1 2014....same day yes???

Ok thought so just checking for the .gov calendar impaired.

And so another newborn enters the net for the first time........

It is a difference of one second between the 2....just saying man, didnt you look at the dates at all?

I have a firm grasp of the calendar.

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

My point was that I found no mention of the proclamation that BH was talking about. She posted a reply for me, and I am going to thank her for that now.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you BH!
That is what I was looking for.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You should not be so surprised because we actually told you soo here in ATS when we were debating the Obamascam for months.

We knew what is coming and wait because this is just the beginning.

Do you know that insurance companies want more penalties and fines for the individual health care mandate because they think that they will end up with more sick and needy than the healthy part of the population that they want first.
edit on 4-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've got two things to say about this:

1. BH is quite correct about "after December 31, 2013" is not the same as "January 1, 2014" - although just about every agency involved and all the propaganda have been using the 1/1/2014 date as a given. As the law states definitively implementation will occur after 12/31/2013 it does NOT state that implementation will definitely begin on 1/1/2014.

2. As far as all the announcements have stated, the delay is in implementing the employer mandate and has NO effect on the individual mandate. SO, even if this IS a move to minimize the impact on the 2014 elections, it's not going to work very well because the "voting public" will already be feeling the economic impact (PAIN) before the elections.

Okay, maybe three things - it's still an obviously calculated move on Obama's part to minimize his chances of having to deal with a hostile Senate - as well as an already hostile House of Representatives.

Just my two cents and humble opinion folks.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

In layman's terms...
Obama: "I'm making a sandwich"
Conservatives: "You're grabbing a canister of poop!"
Obama: "No, this is brunchwagger and it's going into the sandwich."
Conservatives: "OMG, that's disgusting. It's clearly poop!"
Obama: "Brunchwagger... and now it's between the two slices."
Conservatives: "You're about to eat poop!"
Obama: "Nonsense. Hey, SCOTUS, what is in this sandwich?"
Justice Roberts: "It's obviously potted meat product... lips and asses, we'd say."
Obama: "Uh, it's not lips and asses, it's brunchwagger... but you said it wasn't poop so I guess I win."
Conservatives: "This is outrageous! What did you do to Cheif Justice Robert's brain?"
Obama: "So let's eat thi..." *sniff, sniff* "WHEEEE-OOOOWWW! This sandwich smells like somebody smeared a big old dook on it! My God!"
Conservatives: "Told you so."
Obama: "No way in hell I'm going to be able to choke that down"
Conservatives: "No, no. Eat your sandwich, we insist."
Obama: "But the voters will arrive soon and my breath along with the breath of my Congressional partners who brought me the ingredients for this sandwich will smell like doody. I'm not that hungry afterall... I'd rather wait until the voters leave, then I'll have this turd hoagie."
Conservatives: "No, no... eat your sandwich now, before the voters get here so it is clear to all involved that your sandwich choices are questionable at best, insane at worst."

It's a ridiculous scenario, but when you're dealing with a ridiculous government it somehow fits the current event pretty accurately.

new topics

top topics

join