It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Mandate Delay – Who is buying this garbage??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by MDDoxs

Socialized healthcare is inevitable.

No one can look at the future and technologies progress and pretend they are an island.

How is Obamacare socialized healthcare at all? All he did was FORCE you to BUY healthcare...not have everybody pay more in taxes to cover everybody. If you dont buy it or work for a large company, you still dont have healthcare and you also have to pay a tax.

Also, this plan is going to ruin the country imho. Ive said this several times in several posts that all this employer mandate is going to do is ruin the economy. Businesses are going to have pay and hire freezes along with wage and job reductions and also raise prices on their goods just to cover this new overhead. Once businesses think they have a handle on it then they will soon see that their manufacturers down the line who they buy their goods to make products with are doing the same then they will have to layoff more workers and raise their prices even more to compensate. The couple years after Obamacare's employer mandate kick in are going to suck for this country. We will turn into Europe here soon due to the rise in costs of goods and coupled with Bernake's inflationary efforts he keeps doing (qe3 never stopping).

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So..the business side( the side with all the money) complains about it, and they "delay" it for them, yet the individual mandate remains...... werent most supposed to get coverage from their primary employer?

So the first year no employers will provide coverage, yet the workers, that dont have billions or even millions of dollars, must still find coverage or face the fines, up to 1% of their income....which us poor people dont have to lose in the first place.

Sounds more and more retarded by the day to me.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Since the beginning, we have heard nothing but this needs to be implemented because it would save lives.

Now? Not a peep. Not a single utterance.

Obamacare is a political power-play, nothing more.

It is to grow the size and scope of government, to weaken any independence in the American population, it is to control every aspect of our lives. It is to place another tax and penalty on Americans. It is to punish business and success.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Socialized healthcare is inevitabl

Medicare and Medicaid are 'socialized medicine'.

Guess what?

That ain't all it's cracked up to be.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Trying to find any info about this new 'plan' is almost impossible.
Seems like there will be only one option for individuals when...and IF....the exchanges get up and running.
And now all the extra people who work for small companies have been pushed onto the exchanges...whihc wer never meant for this volume of participants.
Costs for individuals are also spiraling out out control.

What is covered?
What is income? Household income?
How do you pay for this coverage?
Is it like federal Withholding?

This 'plan' will never work.
It will destroy the economy.

A single payer would be better? You think the insurance companies will let THAT happen

www.forbes.com...

The poll shows 49 percent of Americans say they believe the Affordable Care Act is a bad idea. That’s the highest number recorded on this question since the poll began measuring it in 2009. Just 37 percent say the plan is a good idea.

As the political battle over implementation of the law heats up in Washington, the numbers mark an increase in unpopularity since July 2012, right after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld Obama’s overhaul. Back then, 44 percent of NBC/WSJ poll respondents called it a bad idea, vs. 40 percent who called it a good one.

firstread.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

A single payer would be better?

No they would never stand for that if it was any other industry for example they would be screaming bloody murder if big oil formed a 'single payer system'.

And they expect for us to accept a single payer system for another corporate products?

They are delusional.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The IRS is the collection/enforcement arm of the health (s)care scheme. Right now they are probably not ready given the current political environment and public scrutiny after the IRS scandals et al.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Are they not forcing all the "low wage" workers onto the single payer system right now by delaying for a year the "business side" but still enforcing the individual mandate?

I will be in the news soon enough, as i will not play this crap, the IRS can go F=>k themselves.

They cant take money from a broke ass, dying, middle aged man. I will see them in court, where they will waste millions, trying to get thousands out of a guy that dies on them before they can legally collect #.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

And as usual the target of such enforcement will be the able hard working tax payer in the nation to ensure the steady influx of money for the insurance business scam.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

Your are forgetting that the insurance companies will still have control over the cost of health care, not the government they are just enforces.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Not entirely true. Any increase in costs has to be justified to the government by the insurer.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The exchanges will only work when is competition of health care providers, but in places where is a big monopoly like in my neck of the woods with only one major hospital the prices of health insurance for those that can be mandate are going to be out of control as already in my neck of wood the city and county is warning.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Wishful thinking, but sadly under Obama care the loopholes of insurance prices increases and limits were never addressed and that is why insurers are raising prices and you see not government trying to do anything about it, actually government subsidized health care like the one my husband and I have because he is a retired marine has double since October with another increase that was suppose to be passed in march but held back in congress for the time being.

I see no address on the price gouging by insurers amid Obama mandate, by the time the mandate comes into effect insurers already will have been setting the prices at the highest they can.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Are they not forcing all the "low wage" workers onto the single payer system right now by delaying for a year the "business side" but still enforcing the individual mandate?

Yes, they are, but there wer supposed to be exchanges with mor than one option...and the exchanges were anticipating all the extra members due to the company mandate being postponed.

I really feel for the poor retirees in Chicago who all lost their health care...effective January 1, 2014...and will now be forced to go on Obamacare.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by dizzie56

Your are forgetting that the insurance companies will still have control over the cost of health care, not the government they are just enforces.

Oh I didnt forget. The insurance agencies now have the largest mandated customer base in the history of any industry. They really dont have to lower the price for #e. But the truth of it is that the insurance companies arent going to be able to lower the prices. Not only do they have to increase their own infrastructure due to the large customer base just to service the people, now they have to also cover the pre existing conditions. Actually, the man that helped write the law, Jonathan Gruber, and told everybody before it got signed into law that they costs would be lower has now come out to say the costs will definitely rise by at least 20% in some states and thats without the pre existing conditions factored in.

Their is a Forbes article that I have referenced in many of these Obamacare threads that talks about the death spiral of the insurance industry. Due to the rise of the premium costs healthy people will most likely not buy the insurance and just pay the progressive tax (the tax is really small compared to the premium costs). With the lack of healthy people paying into the insurance plans and with just sick people buying insurance the amount that is going out to cover sick people will over run their balance sheets causing them to raise prices since they cant really dump customers unless they get out of the private health care completely like we have seen Aetna and United do in California these past couple of weeks. All this bill does in the end will let only the super rich have insurance because the premium costs are going to skyrocket.

Now just look at all of this together. Premium costs will skyrocket; businesses will now have more layoffs, wage cuts, price increases, pay freezes, hiring freezes and decreased hours to cover the costs proportioned to them for Obamacare; QE3's inflation hasnt really started to catch up to the markets yet because it hasnt stopped as of yet. Basically we are going to have alot more people who are now out of work, people who work that arent going to be paid properly for what they do because of the increased costs of having them as an employee, and our dollar wont by anything because of QE3 and the price increases that we are going to see over all the industries. If our economy doesnt tank over the next couple of years it will definitely take a dip and become stagnate yet again, not really growing for years to come and only making the rich richer.

I personaly think that its ironic that the left passed this bill in order to "help" people but yet all its going to do is hurt people in the long run...and put them on the governments coat tails. We truly are seeing the beginning of what led up to the fictional scenarios of Atlas Shrugged and 1984. Government is intruding into our personal lives way to much and not allowing us to be individuals, pitting us against each other along the way so we dont know who to fight.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
After everything I have seen, I believe this "reform" was built to collapse our country, because in no way is this going to help anyone obtain good health care and it will certainly cut jobs down to part time (mine already has been, and I lost my insurance).

It does not address the core of the problem, which is the high costs of health care and insurance, to begin with. It's treating the symptom, not the problem and Obama care will continue to create more disasters than resolve them.

Businesses have an extra year to get on board, however, we do not. We are still mandated to enroll and our pay is being taxed.

This has caused my job to go from full time to part time, and my pay to be taxed heavily. As a result, I lost my insurance benefits. This is going to be the same song and dance for many other people as well, and as it continues to happen to them and they find out they will not be getting their "free health care" Obama promised, they will be in for a shock of their life. I will NOT qualify for the expanded medicaid. I was told I need to make less than 10k a year. I may as well be homeless, correct?

So my solution to *my* problems is to start handling things myself, you know, the thing that the government doesn't want to happen. I will be taking on under the pay jobs and I will find kind people willing to take up a barter system. The govt doesn't want me to have power over my life, and they want to funnel the money I earn into their scam.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
im voting for putin to straighten us out

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by seabag

So..the business side( the side with all the money) complains about it, and they "delay" it for them, yet the individual mandate remains...... werent most supposed to get coverage from their primary employer?

So the first year no employers will provide coverage, yet the workers, that dont have billions or even millions of dollars, must still find coverage or face the fines, up to 1% of their income....which us poor people dont have to lose in the first place.

Sounds more and more retarded by the day to me.

Yeah, that's crazy. Isn't he supposed to be 'for the people'? Sounds like he is siding with the corporations instead.

Why not delay the entire Obamacare program?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Obamacare Mandate Delay – Who is buying this garbage??

O-Bots. Those still high on hope-ium. People who can't fathom that their government would lie or would pull such a massive power grab. Folks who just LUV the IRS and are tickled pink about how many more IRS agents there will be to process all this so called 'free' health care .....

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28
im voting for putin to straighten us out

I cant believe I am saying this, or that I starred your post, but.....Putin for President 2016!!!!!! He will straighten it out!!!! Or we will die while he tries!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join