It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They should arrest and charge the people who called the witness during GZ trial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yup. I mean really people come on. If you do that and interfere with a multimillion dollar trial you are asking for it. Plus now the prosecution and defense didn't get to use that witness to their full potential. Tampering with evidence.

Yup I say a few years in prison.

But hey I pay child support for my brother so I expect stuff like this from our (I'm American) legal system.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I fully agree. This is one of the few instances where I think internet shenanigans go too far. I don't know if I think they should be jailed for more than a day or two, but I do think there need to be repercussions and at least some fines. I thought it was funny at first, but a guy's life is going to be drastically changed by the results of this trial. It's not a joke.

I was embarrassed that they kept going too. Along with using Skype. Skype seems ridiculous to me. Skype is how I chat with friends that are far away when I'm too drunk to figure out the phone.

How on Earth are you paying child support for your little brother?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just watched them waste my tax dollars. Who knows maybe to one juror he thought that his testimony was important and facial and emotional ques from the witness is no longer available to him. Tampering with evidence. Felony I think.

I mean really who thinks like that. Hey I'm going to call the guy who is witnessing for murder 2 while on the stand. Im so awesome and cool!

Disgusting behavior.

Plus smack the prosecution for not paying better attention. Plus as to the relivence of the screen name to the trial is nill because it was unbiased and had no correlation which could have been agreed To be left out on the side for privacy issues.

My opinion.

Ps they're 99% American because only Americans are interested in this case. How do I know because I deal with travelers everyday and I follow this and I have to explain what happened.
edit on 4-7-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The blame here is on the Judicial process for mocking us all.

For one if you're going to use Skype on a nationally televised COURT CASE you'd better at least set your account to "Do not Disturb"

if you're not going to at least do that, then maybe you deserve the trolls?

And whats the difference between this and using a PHONE??
And since this is nationally televised, how could they for the love of god not do it like they would do any other interview?
edit on 4-7-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
Yup. I mean really people come on. If you do that and interfere with a multimillion dollar trial you are asking for it. Plus now the prosecution and defense didn't get to use that witness to their full potential. Tampering with evidence.

Yup I say a few years in prison.

But hey I pay child support for my brother so I expect stuff like this from our (I'm American) legal system.

Excuse me, but I've been out scouring another side of the web for a few hours. Could you either explain what happened or post links.

Sorry, but I haven't the first clue on Earth what this is all about. Would you mind...?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Would you mind...?

For you, no problem at all sir

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This trial in the first place is a waste of tax payers dollars. wither you believe zimmer man or treyvon. the evidence is not their and the info we got was washed by the media. the cop them and Da at the time both said they believed zimmer was telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Thanks. I feel substantially stupider for having watched that.

But hey, while there I found this:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

As for the child. Apparently solid proof isn't even good in court anymore. Opinion reigns supreme in family court especially Patritica Doningers.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Seriously?

This?

Nothing but a FARCE.

That was ridiculous.

And NO

Witness's should not be testifying by skype.

Thats the case then juror's should get to pass judgement by skype.

No more jury duty.

edit on 4-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No more jury duty is no more jury of the peers. Also remote testimony isn't anything new however fast connection sites like Skype should have special consideration to giving away personal info and screen names. Skype isn't a bad idea just a bad idea when the less than tech savy try to be cool.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Wasn't that the screw up of the court for showing his number? Just like the massive screw up by the court for not redacting GZ's personal records that got broadcasted on CNN?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That was nuts! I have no idea what he was even testifying about. Did the prosecution "call" this witness? The judge was way too nice. What a joke!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
WTH? Tampering with evidence? Years in jail?

Contempt of Court and a fine.

The real issue is the witness failing to appear in Court in person and the Judge even thinking Skype was an adequate answer.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
The real issue is the witness failing to appear in Court in person and the Judge even thinking Skype was an adequate answer.

Yup. It was pathetic and the court should have been embarrassed.
And is it illegal to blow up a Skype call? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So interrupting a national murder case should go unpunished. Madness. Why can't we use Skype. I have been in court plenty where phone calls are testimony if the terms for getting a witness to the court room is a challenge such as this. No difference seeing a witness on a tv screen then seeing a violent defendant that they don't let out of the jail ie court by video. It is ALMOST as good as actually having the person there and perfectly acceptable. Hell our president and officials rule the world via video screen.

Maybe my tax dollars mean more to me than someone's 15 seconds of fame. Those peopleINTENTIONALLY called the witness to interrupt the case. No different than standing in the court room and making a scene. This stuff is not a damn joke people there is a damn life on the line here and a young mans has already been taken. The court system needs to pound their chest and tell the American public stuff like that is UNACCEPTABLE.

What excuse would these people have for calling him. None. Charge them and jail them.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
So interrupting a national murder case should go unpunished. Madness.

The prosecution invited the skype blowup. They put out the number that showed up on national TV and across the world on the internet. You want to blame someone, blame the prosecution and the court for the AMATUR handling of the skype situation .. (and the rest of the case they are presenting)

Why can't we use Skype.

Did you see the trial? That answers your question.
So why can't the person come to the trial as he's supposed to and testify in the court?
There was no good reason for the Skype to even be attempted.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I admitted. The dummies who forgot to make sure the privacy of the witness was secured. Moral of the story. I don't care if they put the judges phone number on the screen you are an idiot if you ACTUALLY f%^king called!!! They did it with I'll intent to disrupt the case how is this not clear.

Think of the money that could be saved if you could show up to traffic court via Internet camera. And you print your ticket or print your dismissal or have the results mailed. This is the futur and I see no problem with it.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think it was a planned event to show the joke of online schools. It was meant to show the coarse he took was a joke. And that it was about like taking any of the court mandated schools that do nothing to really educate any one. All they do is waste your time and take your money.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It wasn't planned or the calls would have started right away. It did take a little while for someone to grow the balls to call first. Arrest them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join