It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Sarcasm Prisoner, Justin Carter, Assaulted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Background…

Only 18 at the time, Carter had just wrapped up session on the online role-playing game “League of Legends” when he got into a spat with a friend over Facebook. Speaking to KVUE news last month, his father explained how what was supposed to be a sarcastic remark posted publically ended up with an unexpected jail stint.
“Someone had said something to the effect of 'Oh you're insane, you're crazy, you're messed up in the head,’” he called, “to which he replied 'Oh yeah, I'm real messed up in the head, I'm going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts.’”
According to Carter, he ended the quip with “LOL” and “JK”— Internet shorthand for “laugh out loud” and “just kidding,” respectively. A witness to the conversation in Canada became worried nonetheless and alerted the authorities, who then arrested Carter and charged him with making a terroristic threat.

Outcome So Far…

In an interview with National Public Radio that aired Wednesday, Jack Carter said his son Justin has suffered countless injuries since being locked up in a Texas detention facility more than three months ago.
"Without getting into the really nasty details, he's had concussions, black eyes, moved four times from base for his own protection," Jack Carter told NPR. "He's been put in solitary confinement, nude, for days on end because he's depressed. All of this is extremely traumatic to this kid. This is a horrible experience." rt.com...

I wonder why he’s depressed? Lol, JK!!

I love how the freedom, that comes with being born an American citizen, is so intense, that at this very moment TX is keeps him naked, in a concrete box “for his own protection”.
But I say bs to him being in solitary confinement for his own good! I say the real reason they keep him naked, is to protect whatever private company that is imprisoning him, as well as the reputation of the political regime –law enforcement system, that is behind imprisoning him.

My Questions…
1. Would it be better for Texas if Justin Carter did in fact kill himself in custody, rather than have this whole thing go to court of July the 16th?
2. Why has nobody been able to raise the 500k required for his bail release?

Carter’s bond was set at $500,000 and has been unable to make bail.
“The misunderstanding was that I wasn’t trying to scare anyone, I was trying to be witty and sarcastic,” Carter wrote in a jailhouse letter to a judge, according to USA Today. “I failed and I was arrested.”
Carter has been the subject of an online petition to get him released, generating more than 40,000 signatures. www.theepochtimes.com...

3. I find it extraordinary (that in a population of 314 million) nobody has raised the required $500,000 bond. Is this a product of media attention? I do not find it extraordinary that his own family cannot presently afford to pay this amount.

What Can ATS Do to draw attention?

On the bright side…
Say a case of an excessive law enforcement (of anything like Justin Carter’s magnitude) had the misfortune of happening to one of President Obama’s of Obama’s daughter (or indeed a relation to someone running Monsanto, Walmart, Black Water, ect) then there would surely be barely a moment’s hesitation in writing whatever amount required by bail.
God Bless America freedom’s!
God bless American’s actions.

God bless all these things, because surely America needs God’s help in rekindling its freedom & in fomenting political evolution?

What should ATS do to help Justin Carter? Remember his name because it’s not (currently) being used much, by the media.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: Highlighting error solved

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Maybe they're keeping him there in the hope somebody WILL raise the money?
Whats the chances of getting the money back if it were raised?

That said, I dont think the money should be raised, because its quite clear he should not be in there! What should happen is all those involved in keeping him locked up should be outed and made to PUBLICLY explain themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

VoidHawk That said, I dont think the money should be raised, because its quite clear he should not be in there!
Well, he's in there, so the money must be raised. And why (amongst 314 million Americans) this has not already been the case is really beyond me. Maybe it is the media? Or maybe it's the population Western people are becoming? But bad government is surely at least the long-term fate, of any population, guilty of inaction.

What’s the chances of getting the money back if it were raised?
Extremely high. Unless he’s to be found guilty by “Justice” of “making terrorist threats”. They have found no evidence he is a terrorist, I assume when they raided his bedroom.
He’s probably not a terrorist but he’s been locked up for months, assaulted, and now in solitary confinement. That's surely reason enough to focus on publicity & raising bail money (even though court day is now only July the 16th, I'm sure everyday not being locked up in concrete must make a big difference).
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Doesn't it seem odd that if the money is raised he magically becomes safe to be on the street.

If the money isn't raised then he magically becomes dangerous and must be kept in prison.

Since when did money have such wondrous magical powers?

No the money shouldn't be raised. The PEOPLE should go to their leaders and say ENOUGH!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

No the money shouldn't be raised. The PEOPLE should go to their leaders and say ENOUGH!
Why not both?
With 314 million people to raise half a million, I'd say both are doable.
Besides it seems you need money to get political attention anyway -one can always write to the paper shredder, but I think he's in his predicament because he's too much of an ordinary American.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Why not both?
Besides it seems you need money to get political attention anyway -one can always write to the paper shredder, but I think he's in his predicament because he's too much of an ordinary American.

I actually agree that SOMEONE should have found the money and bailed him. But that would allow this PROBLEM to slip by, and then it all starts again.
I think more good will come of this the more the poor guy suffers. I know that sounds awful, but this needs publicity while he's still locked up, lots of it!
It's not just about him, it's about all those who will come after him.

Publicity is what this needs, with the names of those responsible being shouted from the roof tops.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I thought.....

That the American Gov. had a spy program that was so technologically advanced it could infiltrate other countries and witness every single action it's civilians do within it's borders when connected to technology. (remotely with drones now apparently)

Why did they not monitor him to assess his true threat level.

Why did they not monitor his internet searches.

Now for bond, you only need 10-15% total for a bond company to get you out but you will not get any of it back. If you pay the whole total amount of 500,000 and he isn't a flight risk or violates his bond then you get the money back.

If you track the total amount of incarcerated americans, look at the cost of housing a prisoner annually in canada....the american media is lying. The cost to house a prisoner costs tax payers an additional 100-200,000 usd annually. This is just the prison contract without any fees or surcharges included....just the contracts alone are worth over a trillion USD.

The prison population true numbers are hidden...they sorta stop reporting the totals after our current president took helm.

Wake up america, the reason why it's called a prison state is because it's was America's 2nd greatest revenue producer after oil. The county he is in is hurting for money and going to get that additional annual revenue off this kid's life.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Knives4eyes because: green text for added paranoia

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
VoidHawk

I think more good will come of this the more the poor guy suffers. I know that sounds awful, but this needs publicity while he's still locked up, lots of it!

That’s one reason why I sarcastically asked would be it be better if he did commit suicide? But I was being sarcastic! I want him out, and (after at least 4 months) out ASP. There are numerous reasons for this, I admit mostly moralistic ones, but few purely moralistic. For example: I think you’ll find the act of paying his bail, would create much publicity in itself. Plus it’s a disgrace to every American he's been in prison this long. But disgrace is not the point, only the need for action is...

I wonder if anybody knows what fundraising his family has tried?
I wonder how you would contact, to help them?

It's not just about him, it's about all those who will come after him.
That’s a way of looking at humanity I do not share. This issue is about both what happens to us, and what happens to him (two matters somewhat loosely connected).

If you’re on a camping trip and someone falls down a hole, you don’t say “now everybody leave him there, as a lesson to us all, so may all be more careful with regards to safety in the future”. Instead you say…
“1. Right everybody, how do we find a way to check if he is still breathing?
2. Then how do we track the Fracking company that caused this mystery Sink Hole to appear?”

He’s in The Hole, and it seems the “joined up” power of media interest is successfully ignoring him anyway. Perhaps the editor’s idea is to save it, to cause maximum Demo-Rep humiliation at a later date? Or will his story become as relevant as somebody’s story in Guantanamo Bay?
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Knives4eyes

If you track the total amount of incarcerated americans, look at the cost of housing a prisoner annually in canada....the american media is lying. The cost to house a prisoner costs tax payers an additional 100-200,000 usd annually. This is just the prison contract without any fees or surcharges included....just the contracts alone are worth over a trillion USD.

The prison population true numbers are hidden...they sorta stop reporting the totals after our current president took helm.
If that’s true, then it appears pretty clear future government will aspire to (effectively) keep a given percentage of the American people, in prison, at any one moment in time. A percentage that may of course rise, as the economic wealth of the nation rises enough to pay for it (a frightening thought, yes real possibility).

Wake up america, the reason why it's called a prison state is because it's was America's 2nd greatest revenue producer after oil. The county he is in is hurting for money and going to get that additional annual revenue off this kid's life.
It’s just a pity this imprisonment thing doesn’t achieve anything practically productive-useful. Could they at least have him breaking lumps of coal in a mine (I’m sincerely sure this will be great fun, compared with being locked up in a concrete box 23/7!).
Not U.S Coal of course, but coal for Africa as this won't effect Obams's targets on climate change (noble as they may indeed be!).

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I have read everything about this case that is online. I do not see what this kid did that is worth a $500,000 bail. Where is he going to run to his basement at his parent's house? The bail is excessive and abusive. Is what he did even a crime? People have cyber-bullied people into killing themselves. This kid did nothing close to that tragic level of public discourse. Who ever is responsible for this outrageous level of prosecutorial malfeasance should be outed and publicly shamed. This is an abuse of power like few I have seen in modern history.

www.infowars.com...

Booking #: 317675 Comal County Sheriffs Office
Facility: Main Jail Booked: 03/27/2013 Released:
Name CARTER, JUSTIN RIVER Desc White Male 5' 11" 260 lbs
Alias Hair Brown
SO # 625184 Eyes Blue
DOB 05/17/1994
Address NEW BRAUNFELS, TX 78130
Front View Mugshot
Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition
CR2013-159 TERRORISTIC THREAT IMPAIR PUBLIC/GOV SERVICE DIST 03/27/2013
Surety Bond

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Why not both?

Saying ENOUGH is empowerment to the people. Paying the money is giving into the bankers and disempowering the people, and betrays your children. They're not the same thing, and both should not be considered.

People need to stand up and shout HELL NO, NOT ON MY WATCH!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Eh why in the hell would anyone want to pay for getting him out of jail? There are thousands like him if you want to pay for them be my guest. The guy is as witless as can be. He is responsible of his situation...

What you find the fact that being imprisoned over a joke comment on facebook unfair? Who let this happen? Who became addicted with facebook to the point of not giving a # if they keep records and track your dear daily life? Thats right, thousands, millions. I wont be crying for people that did nothing but taking confort from services that became obviously very privacy invading. Even less move my ass for them in any way. You get what you bargain for...

Witless profiteers should all get just that, a one way to jail. As they are responsible of this situation as much as the corrupted bastards that took advantage of their witlessness.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
As I understand it the US bail system is to make sure that the accused does not jump bail, ie will go to their court hearing or lose the money posted for bail. Quite a backwards system tho if you ask me obviously it benefits the rich.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have a question.

What is 'a terroristIC threat'?

That's a made up charge if ever i've heard one.

He looked at me in a terroristic way.

She spoke to me in a terroristic tone.

They all moved with a terroristic gait.

The baby staged a terroristic threat to soil it's newly changed nappy.

I mean, come on...it's not even a proper word, never mind a justifyable legal charge!

It's more of a terrorist act to invent charges connected to a vague notion of terrorism and ride roughshod over basic human rights and common sense, than it is to type a poor taste joke online.

The legal system is behaving in a terroristic manner...i mean terrorist manner, of course.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Has he been charged under terror laws? As i understand it, terrorism is using force or the threat off, for a political/ ideological objective.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
An internet troll gets beat up in jail.

Sounds like justice to me.

Hopefully this will be a learning lesson for this jerk.
edit on 4-7-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redarguo
reply to post by MysterX

Has he been charged under terror laws? As i understand it, terrorism is using force or the threat off, for a political/ ideological objective.

Yeah, apparently he has.

That's why i find it bizarre the 'T' word was used.

The OP pasted a quote that said as much "...who then arrested Carter and charged him with making a terroristic threat."

So, not exactly Terrorism...but 'Terroristic'...which is another way of saying we know he's not a terrorist, but if we can inappropriately use terrorist legislation to get him, we will.

This is going on way too much of late.

This kid made a crap joke, not even a joke really, more of a pathetic and bad taste remark..but should a drippy kid have his life ruined for a bad remark? I don't think so. and i certainly don't think terrorism laws should be used as a catch all.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This is a truly disgusting situation, but more disgusting is that hardly any Americans are speaking out for him!

He is being physically and mentally tortured BY THE STATE, for making a sarcastic remark on a website. Where is the protest? Where is the anger? Why are there so few Americans who give a damn?

I know the UK is nothing to be proud of when it comes to many things, but if this was happening to a child here, there would be thousands of people outside screaming, threatening a riot, demanding that this kid be set free.

America has already lost any respect I had for it long ago, but it's things like this that make me loose respect for the people of America who just don't seem to give a damn unless it's happening to them. I know that's not fair, and plenty of people do care, but it's not enough. There needs to be angry protest over this, something has to be done to stop these horrific abuses of power.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

He is being physically and mentally tortured BY THE STATE, for making a sarcastic remark on a website. Where is the protest? Where is the anger? Why are there so few Americans who give a damn?

That's a lie, it's the other prisoners that are kicking his butt, not the state. And you don't get your butt kicked in jail if you aren't a jerk to anyone.

Wanna know why? Cause he's a little DBag. He's a little internet troll, that got what we all wish would happen to internet trolls. I think it's poetic justice.

The charges are going to get thrown out, but at least this little troll will have some memories to last him a lifetime and maybe he will be a better person for it.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

HuntWok An internet troll gets beat up in jail.

Sounds like justice to me.
Am I the only one seeing extreme irony in this statement?

Justin Carter wasn't "trolling" he was replying to someone who accused him of being "messed up in the head" (because of how well he was playing on video game).

MysterX So, not exactly Terrorism...but 'Terroristic'...which is another way of saying we know he's not a terrorist, but if we can inappropriately use terrorist legislation to get him, we will.
This is what happened in the UK with stop and search powers. The public might find the use of terrorism laws (against people who have nothing to do with terrorism) a lot more terroristic of government, if more knew of how many countries have sloped into dictatorships that way.

Rocker2013 I know the UK is nothing to be proud of when it comes to many things, but if this was happening to a child here, there would be thousands of people outside screaming, threatening a riot, demanding that this kid be set free.
Don’t count on it!! And if it is true, it will be less true in 5 years, and if it is true then, then it will be less true in another 5.

HawkWok

That's a lie, it's the other prisoners that are kicking his butt, not the state.

Texas has put this (a non-convicted American) in a prison where they fail to protect this prisoner from others. If you are drowned by someone holding your head under water, it is certainly not the water that murders you.
Likewise: Because he is not in prison by choice, it is the state who should be sued as much as those who assaulted him, just as the state should be used sued for inflicting solitary confinement, all because they won’t do their job.

And you don't get your butt kicked in jail if you aren't a jerk to anyone.
And that’s a fact; is it?

Wanna know why? Cause he's a little DBag. He's a little internet troll,
Speak for yourself! This thread is about American entitled to the values of liberty, since he has done nothing to challenge these same values. All he has done, is behave like a teenager.

The charges are going to get thrown out, but at least this little troll will have some memories to last him a lifetime and maybe he will be a better person for it.
If you think that's a great use of taxpayer’s money (i.e. because he dared to sarcastic towards someone who challenged him) then I’d love to know why you like your taxes high: That: and I’m now also genuinely curious whether: You grew up under Chairman Meow? Or at least admire Stalin's way of doing things?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join