It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which UFO researchers do you trust?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I would like to add James McDonald, atmospheric physicist of the University of Arizona and James and Coral Lorenzen, founding members of APRO (aerial phenomena research organization). Local Tucson, AZ people (all now deceased and APRO defunct since '88 I believe) who all added reams of good research and debunking, primarily influential in the 1960's,70's and 80's.

They were respected from all fronts and were smart and sober investigators.

Bob Dean lives in Tucson, too. He is a good guy who stumbles on the slippery slope of belief and lets media mention go to his head... sometimes. I like that he has loudly speculated and "goes off the deep end" in public because that's where all the interesting stuff gets talked about. I believe his initial account of seeing the "assessment of the situation" NATO document.

That pattern of normal people who become centers of attention for the lunatic fringe and go off on weird tangents, erasing credibility in the eyes of the "too reasonable," is far too common in UFology... unfortunately, as far as finding out what's what, and fortunately, for sheer entertainment value.

edit on 7/8/2013 by Baddogma because: harshed on Dean more than meant to and clarified idle musing

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

And: INTERNOS! We miss you!!!

Indeed we do .
Although you have authored some thought provoking threads yourself T.G
, this risks being a back slapping post but hey , Karl's in my list too for keeping the older more interesting cases alive and I miss the thread contributions of Kandinsky because his threads had the
factor .

Love you all

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

And: INTERNOS! We miss you!!!

Indeed we do .
Although you have authored some thought provoking threads yourself T.G
, this risks being a back slapping post but hey , Karl's in my list too for keeping the older more interesting cases alive and I miss the thread contributions of Kandinsky because his threads had the
factor .

Love you all

Sincere backslapping is never a bad thing. Yeah, Kandinsky...The Kandy Man...I owe him more than I could--or would--ever relate here.

edit on 8-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Mine is Stan The Man Friedman.

www.stantonfriedman.com...

He has some hefty credentials.

Friedman was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for such companies as General Electric (1956–1959), Aerojet General Nucleonics (1959–1963), General Motors (1963–1966), Westinghouse (1966–1968), TRW Systems (1969–1970), and McDonnell Douglas, where he worked on advanced, classified programs on nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and compact nuclear power plants for space applications. Since the 1980s, he has done related consultant work in the radon-detection industry. Friedman's professional affiliations have included the American Nuclear Society, the American Physical Society, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and AFTRA.
source

To me, he's either the best proponent for the study or he may be the best government mole as well....guess we'll never know. He's still number one in my books!

edit on 7/8/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Sincere backslapping is never a bad thing.

I'm always sincere when handing out praise mate

That's enough back slapping now

edit on 8-7-2013 by gortex because: A little of topic

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I'm always sincere when handing out praise mate
Indubitably.

Now, will somebody please wise-up mex1942 about Stanton Friedman?

No offense, mex, you did give a disclaimer, but I think in all probability, Stanton fell for the same ol' trick that Bill Moore did.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I...John Capp, nominate myself of course.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Jim Moseley and Karl Pflock. (rest in peace)
My ---faves--- for all time.
(early 1990's)
(Me with Olde Jim)

edit on 9-7-2013 by misschareesee because: z

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The person I respect for having done decades of real boots-on-the-ground field work is Ted Phillips. Phillips first investigation was Socorro back in 1964 (he has the definitive collection of evidence on that case) and he's still going nearly 50 years later. It's refreshing that he has never actively sought out the limelight and has pretty much let his work do all the talking.

V

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Giorgio A. Tsoukalos
"It must be aliens"

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join