It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which UFO researchers do you trust?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The most comprehensive and accurate study of all time. I am an abductee and this research unveiled that I'm not alone in my experiences. That MANY have had almost identical experiences. Conducted by top level ivy league professors and scientists.

Skip to 17:13. That's where the good stuff starts.

Out of 1,000s of small minute details regarding the testimony of hundreds of abductees every detail applied to their experience was universal to all the others. This is the real deal. What UFOs are actually doing.
edit on 3-7-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

Originally posted by alldaylong
UFO research comes into the same category as The Loch Ness Monster, The Abominable Snowman and Big Foot. So the answer to your question is none of them. It's all hearsay and conjecture.

wow
ignorant or what

as for people to trust, 'the gut' in the above post listed all good people
and i'd add our own ATS member isaac koi to that list. he has every single ufo book ever published
his threads here are a wealth of information not seen anywhere else
edit on 3/7/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

Was going to pick up on the top comment and I agree with the reply and plus, there isn't a mountain of government documents, civilian pilot documents and run of the mill people reports on Bigfoot, Yeti or the Loch Ness Monster, big difference to UFOs my friend

Also, on ATS members, I give a nod in the direction of the skeptics (not debunkers) for keeping it real with some "UFO"s. Gives this place a bit of stability sometimes

Yeah, just ignore him. He is a troll. I remember he made a
thread about there was no ufo evidence and it was all rubbish.
People would post evidence and he would just ignore it while
still saying its a load of rubbish.

The funny thing is, he believes that some crop circles are not
man made. Go figure! :/

As for people i like. At the moment, it has to be leslie kean. I know
she is not into the subject full time, but her book is a great read, and
really shows that something unexplained is flying around our airspace.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

So, if someone doesn't have the sane beliefs as you they are a troll?
That's am interesting new concept

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Jay-morris

So, if someone doesn't have the sane beliefs as you they are a troll?
That's am interesting new concept

Sane beliefs!?

Hang on a min! Who is the one tha believes that some
crop circles are not man made? You say the "evidence"
shows that. Now people show you evidence on ufos, and
you clearly ignore it, while still stating there is no evidence.

You have great logic there

You cleatly have little knowlwdge on the subject, and that
clearly showed in your thread.You ignored all the good cases
people were bringing up, while still saying its a load of rubbis

So yes, you are a troll

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
None of it is to make money. Its all about Mlitary, control of a doorway of information. And so there are many "researchers". I trust myself, and my own experiences. Some of the info of various ufo writers appeals and coordinates but always there is stuff that is off and agenda, even with Sleeper.

For really good out of the box truth about the universe and ufology, SLEEPER, aka Lou Baldin. Alex Collier in part. Steven Greer, in part. To a large part for them. Jim Sparks, William Holden, Bob Dean. Yet despite some information, there is always control stuff going on, and I don't like it. For the real ufology group, and the contact is about, FREEING THIS PLANET, WAKING PEOPLE UP. That is the prime directive.

Miriam Delicado.

James Gilliland.

Oops, these guys are experiencers. I don't follow anyone who just researches without knowing.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Call it the Dana Skully paradigm.
If Dana Skully sees aliens, then, we got aliens, otherwise, all we got a lot of spooky Mulder.

HAH! I love that, really. I also agree. Here's the problem with UFOlogy, and really, any paranormal topic. You've get different types of people:

Believers
Skeptics
Unsure

Unsure is just that, not really sure either way, but interested. Believers and skeptics come in two flavors. some believers think UFOs are aliens and want to prove it, but know they need proof, a gut feeling or personal experience isn't enough.

then you have the hardcore believers who simply can't admit they might be wrong, and only look at evidence that supports them, ignoring evidence that doesn't

the same goes for skeptics, some want answers but don't really think it's happening, but are open to it. Then the hard core skeptics who just poo poo on it all and refuse to acknowledge that it's even possible.

I haven't seen many researches who don't fall into the hardcore categories, so "I trust no one"

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I like Linda Howe. She is the one who made the documentary 'Strange Harvest' about the cattle mutilations. That's always been a strange and fascinating topic for me.

John Keel is good. He has a different take on it. I enjoyed the Mothman Prophesies book. (The movie only hit on a small part of it- Mothman itself)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

UFO research comes into the same category as The Loch Ness Monster, The Abominable Snowman and Big Foot. So the answer to your question is none of them. It's all hearsay and conjecture.

The stupidity in this comment is just beyond the definition of stupid. It is either trolling or complete lack of information, random bla-blahing some words with no clue whatsoever. Educate yourself after reading watching and looking through thousands of pages then come back to post something that makes sense. So many cases of unknown aircraft are seen, regardless of origin. Unlike Bigfoot, Lohness this has real cases of mutilation, health damage and irradiation, and a whole lot other things. Oh my I hope this was just a troll, won't speak well for his intelligence otherwise.
edit on 4-7-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Perhaps I missed it, but no one seems to have mentioned John E. Mack.

Dude won a Pulitzer Prize, and was head of psychology at Harvard, which I've heard is a good school.

He did a ton of quality research with abductees.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I like Kevin Randle, John Greenewald Jr, Jerome Clark and Nick Redfern, There are some others who I think interesting. It is sad to think people have to troll every topic!!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There is no one I can say I trust absolutely, only partially. That seems to be the problem with some here - you start believing someone and whatever they say becomes the truth for you.

My reason for thinking the UFOs, some of them may not be of human origin is based on evaluation of so many accounts, documents, secrecy, people coming forward, incidents - each researcher can have some good thoughts. I can dismiss that the UFO is a coverup for some human technology because some cases that are proven fact as happening describe things that seem beyond anything man made. Also there is nothing man-made to have such a level of secrecy and 'false UFO stories' - there is no reason to try so hard for 60 years misleading people with false stories, something there is real. I don't know what exactly

Whenever I watch someone talking I decide on my own what part I agree with and what not, that's how I have no idols there.

Some people demand more facts and evidence - are there no such cases, tell me? There is enough evidence to show some unknown aircraft did land/crash/left traces on the ground from all cases.

Have in mind that with the documents declassified - you can see there is much more to release and more secret. I'm sure there is plenty of evidence good enough for scientific study but someone still has to release the better evidence than what we now see.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Donald Keyhoe deserves a mention. When I first started getting in ufology his name constantly kept popping up, as well as Allan Hynek and Stan Friedman.

Before the rise of the Internet guys like these did the hard yards getting reports and collecting intel, as did many others. However nowadays it's so derived, It's all quotes and references.

The three I mentioned are some of the trailblazers, There are more that other posters have already mentioned. These are the folks that transformed ufology from something for kooks into a legitimate study.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
For someone new to all of this, who would you recommend checking out?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infest

Jacques Vallee
J Allen Hynek
Donald Keyhoe
Richard Haynes
Linda Moulton Howe
Carl Sagan

Should be enough to get you started

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Surprised to see nobody has mentioned ...

Ted Phillips on UFO Physical Trace Research
Link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

One thing I've learned about ufology is ... trust no-one ... but if I had to pick somebody that I would be interested in talking with about the ufo subject, it would be Mr. Phillips.

Maybe the ATS show could find him and do an interview ?

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infest

A recent book I read that's good (time travel included "they might be us from the far future"!)

Micah Hanks- 'The UFO Singularity'

and this one I just finished newest book by Kevin Randle is good! "Alien Mysteries, Conspiracies and Cover-Ups" is filled with great information and research about the UFO enigma

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I know some people on ATS will disagree with me but the late Leonard H. Stringfield is a hero. He was the pioneer of crash/retrieval research and should get more credit for the work he put into the field.
Also Stanton T. Friedman is a man that has had a massive influence on ufo studies in the last forty years.
Thank you to both of them.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Which UFO researchers do you trust?

I make those decisions based not on 'who' but 'what'... as in, the evidence submitted for consideration.

It's kind of like politics... where some people side-up with a candidate or party and then embrace all that they support without a second thought. My personal choice in politics is to take each issue on its own...

In the column of UFOs, it doesn't matter so much who says what, but what is said. From their, I make my own personal choices.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Surprised Dolan isn't getting more love here... of all the guy's I've listened to, he seems like one of the most rational and objective of them all, even with his 'Breakaway Civilization' - which really isn't that unfeasible to begin with.

NB: I Don't TRUST anyone entirely, but if I was to promote someone, it would be him.
edit on 4-7-2013 by vardas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

The stupidity in this comment is just beyond the definition of stupid. It is either trolling or complete lack of information, random bla-blahing some words with no clue whatsoever. Educate yourself after reading watching and looking through thousands of pages then come back to post something that makes sense. So many cases of unknown aircraft are seen, regardless of origin. Unlike Bigfoot, Lohness this has real cases of mutilation, health damage and irradiation, and a whole lot other things. Oh my I hope this was just a troll, won't speak well for his intelligence otherwise.

The problem with people like yourself, you have to have something in your life to believe in. In your case it seems to be UFO's.
If you wish to live in a world of fantasy then that's your choice. Respect people who think the whole subject is nothing but junk and you get respect back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join