It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two suns captured on video! Is this something new, never happened more than a decade ago???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Note, this phenomenon wasn't only observed in this video but was also seen in China, Lebanon, etc. and they think it is an atmospheric optical effect. You can google "two suns" or search in youtube to see other photos and videos. But this is one is the best I've seen.

Whether this is an atmospheric illusion or not, doesn't worry me. What worries me is that in my initial research, this seems to be a recent phenomenon and never observed before.

Has anyone heard of this phenomenon happening more than a decade ago and earlier?

You can skip video to 3:34 and if you watch to the end, you'll observe "each sun" passing through the clouds to show this is not an optical effect caused by the cameral lens but something external and atmospheric in origin.

Please no discussions about Nibiru or Planet X. Honestly, it looks far too big to be Nibiru, and far too impossible to be Sun's binary twin according to the laws of physics.

It certainly looks much more like a reflection of the Sun than anything else but what is causing the reflection??

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
im going with moisture in the air creating a copy/reflection

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Internal reflection (inside the lens), like this: [link]

[Wiki]

edit on 3-7-2013 by warlok because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2013 by warlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
My guess is also moisture,

You have heard of double rainbows right? and these stories go way back, id assume its a similar phenomenon.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm gonna go with a glitch in the matrix. This thing has been damned buggy lately.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

This just looks like the moon highlighted by the sun.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
Note, this phenomenon wasn't only observed in this video but was also seen in China, Lebanon, etc. and they think it is an atmospheric optical effect. You can google "two suns" or search in youtube to see other photos and videos. But this is one is the best I've seen.

Whether this is an atmospheric illusion or not, doesn't worry me. What worries me is that in my initial research, this seems to be a recent phenomenon and never observed before.

Has anyone heard of this phenomenon happening more than a decade ago and earlier?

You can skip video to 3:34 and if you watch to the end, you'll observe "each sun" passing through the clouds to show this is not an optical effect caused by the cameral lens but something external and atmospheric in origin.

Please no discussions about Nibiru or Planet X. Honestly, it looks far too big to be Nibiru, and far too impossible to be Sun's binary twin according to the laws of physics.

It certainly looks much more like a reflection of the Sun than anything else but what is causing the reflection??

This seemed relevant:

The appearance of a second sun is caused by optical refraction, as atmospheric particles bend light in unusual ways, creating what are popularly known as mirages. The creation of the illusory second sun isn't totally uncommon, but most such mirages would find the other sun above or below the real thing.

Source

The article talks about mirage effects causing it, some more interesting info on atmospheric optical effects can be found here

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think it's real. It's a yes from me. You're going to Vegas.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This picture says it all....the guy asking the question "Is there one sun or two? Something is not right over here..."

Yeah, his head is not right. There is only ONE sun!!!! Move along now

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Please no discussions about Nibiru or Planet X.

Your no fun then

Honestly, it looks far too big to be Nibiru, and far too impossible to be Sun's binary twin according to the laws of physics.

Wait, we can discuss Nibiru, Yeah jumping for joy.

I love Nibiru threads.

Care to elaborate why it looks far to big to be Nibiru or why its impossible to be the suns twin?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's got to do with copies made on the atmosphere from what I read. The appearance of the sun setting farther in the north is probably the same cause. I don't think that the earth has been jolted that much.

One article I read stated the possibility that our magnetic field expanding may influence this, it expands every solar cycle max but this cycle it seems to be farther out than normal. Another article stated that when watching the sunset, it has often already set and this could have been an hour earlier. I don't understand why this cycle seems to accentuate these things more completely, but the person writing the article didn't completely understand it either. This phenonynom can make the sun appear to set farther north also in the northern part of the country.

I researched this a couple years ago, I had noticed the sun rising and setting farther north at that time so start researching it. This seems like a good explanation, a lot better than the ones denying that it exists, evidently most of the scientists would not believe the people making the claims and used evidence that excluded any reflective atmosphere phenomenon explanation. Scientists were saying the earth position did not change. Another words they said the people were mistaken in their sight. Evidently many scientists are blind, thinking their knowledge is complete.

I wouldn't fret about this illusion, it is only an illusion. It can be seen by eye and with the camera some times. I guess this was always happening somewhat but I wasn't paying attention. When the magnetic field returns back to normal this illusion will probably revert back to more normal. Hopefully the guy was right about the temporary changes in the field causing this, at least he attempted to reason it out instead of denying it's existence. Hopefully this phenomenon has nothing to do with impending pole reversals or energy coming from outside the solar system. Hopefully it is not the earth or suns core changing. If it is, there will be little we can do anyway other than make sure we have a lot of beer available.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think we'd all feel and see
a million mile wide giant bubbly cauldron
of super magnetics.

Stars have ways of making their presence known.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheniks
im going with moisture in the air creating a copy/reflection

Originally posted by wondermost
I'm gonna go with a glitch in the matrix. This thing has been damned buggy lately.

Nice find OP... @ least "we" are looking for something.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by warlok

Its not an reflection it also happened in China.
Two Suns Setting? Scientists Offer Explanations of Chinese Video

Government Mainstream Scientists Offer Explanations as Hoax

"The proximity of this seemingly inexplicable image of two suns to the story in question leads me to strongly suspect a deliberate hoax inspired by the story," he wrote in an e-mail, "but that's of course conjecture without knowing more about who shot the video and where." At any rate, say the experts, the final explanation could be intriguing, or awfully mundane. Back to our regular lives. Nothing to see here

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Looks like a reflection of some sort, no idea what would cause it though.

If you grab the little button and slide it forward and backward quickly you will see they are both rising at what appears to be the exact same rate and direction. If it was the moon in the same area that wouldn't happen.

I believe the clouds over the reflection are there in front of the sun but the light overpowers everything.Over the main sun it does look like a strip of clouds goes through at about the same area almost completely overpowered by the light.

Again, no idea what could cause it but it definitely appears to be a reflection somehow.

new topics

top topics

join