It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we have some age related(wisdom ) awareness on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
you know the older,thee wiser...haha sometimes

but not even that , you know ......? maybe some type of demographic , just an example would be
say if i was 18 I would fall in the 16 to 24 range or if I was 35 the 25 to 35 range and so on and maybe the oldest demographic could have an elder badge and the youngest an apprentice/pup badge not im terms of posts like before but our age ?? not exactly like that ,this is just my off the top of my head ideas, but something so we know the maturity level of the people we are debating ,discussing certain issues with? ??
I just know my attitude and outlook on things changed as i aged , that's probably 99 percent of us maybe less i dont know ... but can anyone else see what IM getting at here...help

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I don't know that stating everybody's age would do anything positive.. There are already people that wish to hold baby boomers responsible for the financial woes of the country for drawing social security retirement benefits they paid into for decades....

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I am 41 and there are plenty of stupid people my age and older so not worth it, just as there are intelligent kids and stupid kids, some people aren't capable of seeing reality or the bigger picture, or even to consider the truth, instead existing in a bubble of lies because it appeals to their greed and evil nature, regardless of how old they are.

I also doubt many would be truthful about their ages, like some teenagers etc aren't going to admit they aren't older and wiser.

Barack Obama is older than Edward Snowden, who is the wiser? Ethics have to figure in the equation, age itself doesn't mean wisdom.
edit on 3-7-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You mean something like THIS:

www.quantcast.com...

Seek and ye shall find

I think the older and wiser each member is, the more "Wrinkles Of Wisdom" they should have around their post borders...

edit on 3/7/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
but can anyone else see what IM getting at here...help

I kinda like the idea funny enough. Though can`t see it happening, unless there is finger printed eye scanned ID chipped age verification etc anyone can say anything.

I like "L" pIates on cars and "P" for probationary also agree elderly drivers over a certain age should have an "S" for Senior plate on their vehicle, it would save me swearing.. "I bet this nincompoop is on the phone!" while being stuck behind them being overtaken by kids on skateboards.

Just for a little bit of aged wisdom for the thread...

Never trust a man who when left with a tea cosy doesn't`t try it on.
Billy Connelly

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Some post as if they were. . .

Others post as if they were. . . .

When we are all mostly this. . .

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
There was a program on TV last night called Child Genius, Some of these kids IQs were off the scale, higher than Einstein. Some seemed to have a wisdom more profound than any I've seen on ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Any age indicator would be counter productive in here. Why would any smart younger person want to express with a age handicap indicator? And why would a wise older person want an indicator that they were father or mother "time". On ATS anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
There was a program on TV last night called Child Genius, Some of these kids IQs were off the scale, higher than Einstein. Some seemed to have a wisdom more profound than any I've seen on ATS.

If you have been watching this series you will also note that most of them are right irritating little sh**s

edit on 3/7/13 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbduff

If you have been watching this series you will also note that most of them are right irritating little sh**s

edit on 3/7/13 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

One or two were precocious little brats, but the 3 finalists seemed like nice respectful kids. It can't be easy being a genius surrounded by buffoons.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Canada is the 3rd highest ATS population but we barely speak!!!!

Im suprised to see India on 5th list. Wow, whats going on here!

#1: Rest of the world.
#2 USA
#3 UK
#4CAN
#5AUS
#6 IND
edit on 7/3/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It can't be easy being a genius surrounded by buffoons.

It's not but I make the best of it.

edit on 7-3-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As one who is in their late 60's, I can assure you that intelligence has nothing to do with aging. It is the collected experience of all those years that provides one with a modicum of caution prior to making statements which could potentially be foolhardy.

Sort of like growing a thicker skin by the effects of a thousand cuts.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No way to verify an age...what's to keep anyone from lying? Not sure this would do any good though...I have had discussions with people half my age that have more wisdom and knowledge than people twice my age.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I can assure you I'm not lying, but the fact remains that posting one's birthdate would be as bad as handing out your mother's name to a scam artist.

Bad juju.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
never going to happen as i bet their are men posing as women and vice versa so how can we trust people to tell what age they really are big fail

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

why? People already flaunt their join date like it automatically gives them some moral high ground on whatever issue they are wrong about. Stupid knows no age demographics, i suppose now i should give some cliche about age and IQ "i have met some 13 year olds that were more....." yeah, not going to do do that.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The idea sounds nice in theory, but the truth is that "age level" is a very subjective idea and there really isn't a good way to try measuring a subjective, abstract idea of the sort using objective, concrete means. Plus, too many people probably lie about their age on here anyways.

reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I completely agree. I've also met some REALLY immature, ignorant people who are older than myself such as my mother and a guy I was seeing for a short period of time. I've also met people who are more mature and wiser than myself who are also younger. Anyone who believes that age = wisdom is quite honestly delusional. It's about actually learning from your experiences that come and go as you age, not one's age in itself. To say one is wiser and better based on age is ignorant, delusional, and extremely arrogant in my opinion.

reply to post by hypervigilant

This is not the only reason why the younger generations (well some members of these generations) blame the boomers for the mess we're in now. I won't get into all of the reasons why but to make it out to be about just them collecting SS is an understatement and inaccurate.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How about a current IQ test
and add a few points for age/experience
and a history test
and a science test

On second thought--perhaps we might not have all that many Mensa members.

How about just some extra points for years of schoolin' past 8th grade graduation?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Pointless exercise. Everyone should keep as much personal information about themselves off-line when they can.
When TSHTF less is better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join