It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangers of WiFi Radiation - See it Measured

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by abeverage
I sleep the same if not a little worse when I am 100 miles from a wifi spot or even electricity at our cabin...

Must just be me right?

Are you sure you are 100 miles from a Wi-Fi? What did you drive there in?

LOL ok fine 50 miles but there is no electricity other than a car battery atm.
lol
Oh and 99' Subaru so no wifi there either!
edit on 3-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I read about the effect of WiFi o a while back and moved my modem away from the desk. Within a few days after that my sore hip stopped hurting. I had that sore hip for about a year, it was uncomfortable, not really sore. I have no clue if moving the box was the reason but I guess it is possible that it was causing inflammation. The modem is now shielded a little from hitting the body when at the computer. It wasn't actually a way of scientifically doing it but who cares, my hip feels better anyway. Inflammation is listed as one of the side effects on the European research I read. I will never know for sure, I am never going to put it back to the area right next to my leg again to find out

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
anyone know any long term effects? any evidence ?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The FCC would have regulated this by now..

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puresk1lls
The FCC would have regulated this by now..

What and destroy our economy. Our economy is critically based on cell phones and WiFi nowadays.
edit on 3-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Originally posted by princeguy
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I don't think you read any of the information about the effects of RF radiation on the human body. This is more than psychosis.

You should be far more concerned about your power outlets... And the cables running in your walls to those outlets.. Those are not shielded in any way, and with modern technology it is usual that the pure sinus-function which is provided by your local power station will be distorted to some abstract picture with spikes, peaks, and so on.. Yes, I am serious. There is much more power in those cables than in all your wireless devices combined. Which results (electromagnetic field produced via induction by means of the current) in a far stronger electromagnetic field, with comparable frequencies, too.

Me, as an electrical engineer, I never had doubts that all those puny fields of your handheld, batterypowered wireless devices are completely neglectable compared to the fields produced by real amps!
Anyway, just use some filters (like a ferrite core or choke coils or air-cored reactors for the really high frequencies), right between the outlet and the interfering device.
edit on 3-7-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

Due to filtering on the input of tv's, computers and newer appliances it is not usual for distortion to occur. Most residential PF is still pretty close to unity. There is no need whatsoever to choke devices in homes. If its an industrial setting and you go randomly throwing chokes on machines to "protect from piddling em fields" your boss will be quite pissed when you get billed for an even crappier pf.

Here's the thing, all the fields degrade the further they are from the source, unless they have a means to propagate and maintain their integrity. What makes cell phones so potentially dangerous is they give off non-ionizing radiation literally in contact with your head. It is at its strongest at that point. Putting it on speaker and placing it even 6 inches from your ear reduces the strength of the signal.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
Its quite a coincidence that I stumbled across this. I just recently returned from a trip to Denver for a course in Aquaponics. (hoping to change the way we grow food) and while I was over there I couldnt help but notice how well I slept. Granted it could have been any number of things, the dog food factory just down a couple blocks or the sweet smelling aroma of herbs being harvested. OR it could have been that my room was so far from any WiFi source that I couldnt even watch Netflix

EMFSafetyZone December 6, 2012 This video provides a simple, yet profound lesson. The radio frequency radiation being transmitted from your wireless router or modem is extremely toxic and detrimental to your health. Notice how high the measurements are on the RF meter! Most of us are living and working in this type of RF radiation exposure every single day and night. - See more at: www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com...

I was thinking about this today, why do I feel different now that I am back home. The water was laden with flouride, the only food I could get was GMO and processed goodies from the closest grocery store which was a couple miles of walking to get to. (in a Food Desert) I was looking for an answer and this may be it. I sleep withing 20 feet of a WiFi device, and spend a fair amount of time in front of it during the day.

So, to finish, Join me in a test, turn yours off and lets see how we sleep.

The fix, or remediation is simple: Plug your modem or router into your computer using an Ethernet connection (hardwire), and "disable" the wireless function on your modem or router. - See more at: www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com...

More info here: www.teachpeace.com

edit on 2-7-2013 by princeguy because: (no reason given)

Actuyally I would say there is a lot of truth in this.. I used to have a hard time sleeping and when I ran over possible causes that was the only thing that stood out. I have cut the internet time in half and I have noticed a major difference. my router is now moved. This is an excellent topic to highlight.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
What makes cell phones so potentially dangerous is they give off non-ionizing radiation literally in contact with your head. It is at its strongest at that point. Putting it on speaker and placing it even 6 inches from your ear reduces the strength of the signal.

That's what I always do. If I don't, I get this uncomfortable sensation in my head.

Routers usually have options to turn on and off wifi at set periods of time.
In the hours that I usually end up sleeping, it automatically turns off the wifi and then turns it back on in the morning.

Write in your internet browser's bar 192.168.0.1 and there you should access wifi options.
The default password is usually : admin

Tell your friendly and self conscious neighbors about this!

edit on 3-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Write in your internet browser's bar 192.168.0.1 and there you should access wifi options. The default password is usually : admin

This is a bit simplistic. Different routers have different default class C networks. What you should do is go to Start, Run and type CMD and hit enter. Now type ipconfig /all and hit enter.
Look for something called default gateway and an IP. It may be 192.168.0.1 but it could be something else.

this is your router you are connected to. User pass admin/admin is pretty common but not always the case.

The output of your wifi is pretty low. I would me more concerned with standing in the same room while your big microwave is running. It has much more power. I remember reading a Consumer Reports article that said after measuring microwave leakage, everyone at consumer reports would leave the room while popcorn was popping. Anecdotal sure, but telling none the less.

V

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'd guess most don't know what the meter is showing.

Basically it is showing bugger all field intensity and bugger all power density.

Wifi output power is generally 10mW in the uk and up to 100mW in the US I think. Both levels are very low.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't post here much any more due to the complete waste of time the nut-job community and this site being full or more dis-info than actual info, but what do i expect from a conspiracy site?

But this is absolutely rubbish..

The simplest of Google searches will reveal there is no such thing as a radio "Acoustimeter" a real Acoustimeter measures acoustic sounds as any dictionary will tell you. Not RF signals.....

Secondly why is it only ONE company that makes these so called life saving devices?? If this was a real issue wouldn't out capitalist society cashed in on it ages ago??

Thirdly there no actual proof that RF of this low transmitting power can harm anyone, even over time. How long have we been exposed to big TV transmitters/Mobile phone and satellite signals? long enough to realise we all not dying from it. Yes high power transmission can heat up water like a microwave but this is far far far less powerful.

Like putting some bacon out on the alps and expecting it too cook because there is a sun and its emitting heat.

There is not definite proof and the scientific studies that say they do have proof often can NOT be replicated or do not show the same results when they do.

Agian. A simple Google search will reap data on actual credible sources. Rather than someone trying to sell you a 20th century snake oil...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm amazed that on a website with some fairly keen minds and scientific backgrounds that nobody has yet postulated that the difference in how you slept could have been associated with the fact thatDenver is called the "mile high city" for a reason. It sits at over 5000 feet above sea level. I'm not trying to piss on anyone's Christmas here and ruin all the hate for wifi signals but isn't it just as likely that different environmental conditions at that elevation were responsible for your good nights sleep?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Like I said in the OP, "Granted, it could have been any number of things."

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The fix, or remediation is simple: Plug your modem or router into your computer using an Ethernet connection (hardwire), and "disable" the wireless function on your modem or router

I've being doing just that for several years.

However, living in an urban area i'm still bombarded with everyone else's Wifi...

Still go ahead and switch off your router, since it can only help reduce your exposure, but if you're in an urban area you're still pretty much f****d, unless you wanna start wearing a tin-foil hat

edit on 4-7-2013 by McGinty because: quote formatting

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
come on people flag this up...only when people are aware of this possibility.. scientific research will be made...

its public pressure that makes the difference..it seems that the most people on ATS dont get that!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
come on people flag this up...only when people are aware of this possibility.. scientific research will be made...

its public pressure that makes the difference..it seems that the most people on ATS dont get that!

There has been a lot of scientific research. And the results are definitely not in favor of wireless technology. Just look at the range of medically registered health effects. This information is available in peer-reviewed journals, but it is not popularized. Since I am an electrosensitive person, I am able to feel these waves directly and it helps me avoid excessive exposure. But unfortunately most people allow to be exposed for prolonged periods of time, and if you don't feel it, it doesn't mean you aren't affected. Some buy electrosmog meters (such as this one) to check their environment. Anyone can buy such a meter or simply turn off all the wireless stuff in their house to check if it will help remove fatigue or other health problems. Also, cellphone towers are often disguised as natural landmarks. Some say this is made to preserve landscape, but I have doubts it's the only reason.

edit on 4-7-2013 by mrkeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
I don't post here much any more due to the complete waste of time the nut-job community and this site being full or more dis-info than actual info, but what do i expect from a conspiracy site?

You have a point

Originally posted by definity
The simplest of Google searches will reveal there is no such thing as a radio "Acoustimeter" a real Acoustimeter measures acoustic sounds as any dictionary will tell you. Not RF signals.....

Secondly why is it only ONE company that makes these so called life saving devices?? If this was a real issue wouldn't out capitalist society cashed in on it ??

Acoustimeter is just a name. The meter has an audible output. I have a scope that says Lecroy on it but it doesn't measure Lecroys.

Lots of companies make RF field meters like Extech

edit on 4/7/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Interesting, I have heard one of my relatives that his father could not sleep well because of wi-fi. My friend mentioned that his father was sensitive to the waves being emited from a router because of it he had a great problem to sleep while it was active. I have no problem with what you are saying as I consider it to be clearly and very plausible to be

Thruthseek3r

It is going to get worse with smart meters which emit all the time.

look at this youtube video.see what happens to a shrub next to a smart meter.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen

Originally posted by kauskau

Just look at the range of medically registered health effects. This information is available in peer-reviewed journals, but it is not popularized.

edit on 4-7-2013 by mrkeen because: (no reason given)

so need to have something popularized for you.otherwise it is beyond your wit to find out for yourself.better stick to fox news then.they popularize a lot of things THEY want to poplularize.

popularize.lol

This information is available in peer-reviewed journals, but it is not popularized.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
All he has done in the video was measure signal strength then state that "a such and such power has negative effects" without any explanation of why and how this occurs. With this reasoning sunlight is more dangerous because the power level is much higher (and besides, UV is at least ionising). So no, all this does is measure wifi radiation, not the "dangers" of wifi radiation.

Also you cannot state that the information is in popular peer reviewed journals then not provide the information.
edit on 17/7/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join