It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Environmental Nazis Actually Exist! Mongolia Has a new Movement!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They really are serious and know what the symbol means. It's more a matter of starting pure Nazism and adding the Green Banner as a secondary thing, IMO.

A Mongolian neo-Nazi group has rebranded itself as an environmentalist organisation fighting pollution by foreign-owned mines, seeking legitimacy as it sends swastika-wearing members to check mining permits.

Tsagaan Khass, or White Swastika, has only 100 or so members but it is one of several groups – others have names including Dayar Mongol (Whole Mongolia), Gal Undesten (Fire Nation) and Khukh Mongol (Blue Mongolia) – that are linking nationalism and resources as foreign firms seek to exploit the mineral wealth of the vast country, landlocked between Russia and China.

Imagine having them come up to your business though? They aren't kidding or just there to idily complain and protest.

"Before, we used to work in a harsh way, like breaking down doors," the group's leader, Ariunbold Altankhuum, 40, told Reuters. "But now, we have changed and we use other approaches, like demonstrations."On a patrol to a quarry two hours' drive from the capital, members wore black, SS-style Nazi uniforms complete with lightning flashes and replica Iron Crosses.

They questioned a mine worker about paperwork, opting to return in a week's time, when the owner had returned.

I think the issue here really is a serious one to start considering and talking about because as almost silly as these guys are with how they are expressing it, this last bit I've quoted from near the end of the piece hits on the core issue. It's a matter of what is going to keep coming up and more frequently as time goes on and known resource reserves grow smaller.

Resource nationalism has been a major election issue in Mongolia, where the largest foreign investment is the Oyu Tolgoi project, which is 66% owned by global miner Rio Tinto and the rest by the government.

Oyu Tolgoi is expected to boost Mongolia's economy by about a third by 2020. Annual output in its first decade is expected to average 330,000 tonnes of copper and 495,000 ounces of gold.
Source

This one really is a lengthy story on the source link and takes a couple minutes to get through. If resource nationalism is a new term to you, don't feel bad. It was to me as well. I had to look a bit into that to discover it's a growing issue around the world and among small and large nations alike.

Welcome to a brave new world. ....and "Your papers please..." may well be asking for your Carbon Credit statement.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
That swastika has to go green...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Environmentalism is probably the most dangerous fastest spreading religion on the planet.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

In some ways, I think you may be right in a literal sense too. I think the jury is still out on a lot of that for how it plays out long term vs. a passing fad. Feeding Africa was a fad for over a decade too. I hate to put it that way, but it's true. People were in urgent need of feeding Ethiopia and Somalia with other places..until it turned deadly in the early 90's and then it fell out of favor real quickly.

As extremism in the traditional sense mixes with the idealism of youthful desires of changing the world, it does seem to be going in ugly directions unique to the times for the 'stew' it's becoming.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dear Wrabbit2000,

What is going on in Mongolia is that the government is moving people out of rural areas and forcing them into cities while destroying their way of life. This is being done so a few can benefit from the natural resources. The same thing is going on in China, it is why they built all of those cities that are practically empty.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I bet the U.S. EPA is watching.

Maybe those guys in Mongolia are conducting experiments sponsored by U.S. interests...something like 'arming' rebels.

The future is here.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Environmentalism is probably the most dangerous fastest spreading religion on the planet.

BULL CRAPOLA.
What do you think will happen to us if we DESTROY this entire planet? You know what, people who think like this really get NO respect from me. THIS IS OUR HOME. If we don't stop RAPING IT, puncturing, drilling, POISONING, deforesting, POLLUTING, and annihilating entire regions and eco-systems, we WILL ALL DIE.

How can you people not get that?
It is our HOME. It is our LIFE. WE did not inherit 'The Earth' from our ancestors - WE ARE BORROWING IT FROM OUR CHILDREN, AND BESIDES THAT, it is an entity in its own right, and would be BETTER OFF without us. You think the planet will "miss us" if we make it uninhabitable for human life?

Even if we nuke the place to oblivion, and our cancerous species with it, it will carry on. All that radiation will simply be reabsorbed into the Universe's stars and planets and galaxies where it came from in the first place - we are TOO STUPID to be able to manage it properly.

It's like giving a loaded gun to a two-year old and then leaving him to babysit the newborn. ASININE.

I really can NOT understand that kind of mentality. There's MORE TO LIFE THAN MONEY.
WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF OUR HOME.
Gha!!!!

edit on 3-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You've bought into the belief that man CAN destroy the planet. We're SO full and bubbling over with hubris and outright self-greatness that it never even crosses anyone's mind to ask...ARE we so powerful now that our actions can destroy an entire planetary ecosystem and weather engine? Personally, I think the mere suggestion is SO far into unearned arrogance and yes, Hubris is the word, as to be a religion which demands a level of Faith even Jesus wouldn't have expected of his followers.

Sure.. Man can destroy the world by nuclear weapons....if ALL were fired and about equally spread over the surface for a one day event, so they could feed off each other on the cumulative effects. People seem to forget how many WERE detonated between 1945 and present. If they were enough, we wouldn't have a planet with over 2,000 of them in that period.

So... I do agree with saying it's a religion. It's a false religion based on false expectations and projections all coming from faulty data input to begin with. Kinda how we've had many years of "stalled warming" which is another way of saying their projections were flat wrong and their expectations were totally unrealized for impact. So much for the second coming by environmental issue.

Like any Religion though..where will be plenty who will defend it without verified sources, logic or examples others can independently analyze and determine the accuracy of. That is what defines religion and it sure as hell defines the extremes of Environmentalism today.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I have respect for you Wrabbit - but I disagree. Environmentalism is an important issue. We have already polluted the oceans and decimated so many forests/jungles that we have NO IDEA what the end result will be.

I've grown up to be almost 55 years old with ENORMOUS respect for the planet. What say you about the bee die-off? The mercury-poisoned sea creatures? The steep decline in other species?

We don't really understand how interdependent we are. Environmentalism is also "not new." You speak about "youthful idealism" - I'm a post-menopausal woman, and I STILL CARE. I have volunteered for the Forest Service, worked to clean up dump sites, practiced 'organic' home gardening - I don't use chemicals on my lawn (and therefore there are not bugs and vermin IN MY HOUSE). Native species are in their areas for a reason. There is science EVERY DAY showing how 'unexpected' or 'unpredicted' damage has been done.

Talk about arrogance. Yes, WE CAN destroy this planet's ability to sustain life as we know it. The planet would recover, I didn't say it wouldn't (I said the opposite), but it would NOT sustain US. Not for millions more years, and then only IF a comet bearing water and microbes shows up again.

In the grand scheme of things, maybe it would be best for the Earth Human Species to be gone anyway. There is enough food, water, sunlight, and atmosphere for us NOW. Thinking we can't mess it up is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This isn't about pollution. It's about money and power to levels never dreamed of before. That's all this is about.

Pollution would be about DOING SOMETHING about so much plastic in our oceans, it's found within the first 3 feet of water column, almost world wide now. It's adding MASS, which impacts currents and streams around the world. This, in turn, has direct impact on weather patterns and impact on land. It's logical, science based and easily understood cause and effect. yet, NOTHING is done about that.

This might be believable if people weren't lighting their tap water on fire in some states from fracking for the camera to record...while the number of wells are pushed higher and higher and new pipelines for insanely corrosive and dangerous crude are being pushed AND BUILT regularly.

It's about a waterway in New York City so badly polluted it ranks above the worst in North America....and has for many many years. it actually has a Superfund Designation all it's own. See anything being done? in the BILLIONS being spent and TRILLIONS being proposed for Carbon Exchanges....see ANYTHING AT ALL being done about REAL pollution we can see, feel, touch and die from?

If pollution were being attacked, I'd feel VERY different. However, multi-millionaires like Gore and Obama want to become much LARGER multi-millionaires and that doesn't happen by cleaning up a Super-Fund canal in the heart of a major city or the hopeless oil contamination in Mayflower, Arkansas. It comes by new global business models and new global taxes and levies ....like carbon credits.

You *DO* realize...Carbon Credits don't STOP anything whatsoever, right? This core solution to the warming movement...does NOTHING. All the trillions it will take out of world wide economies WILL do is let business who isn't polluting sell credits to business that doesn't have enough to cover their own pollution to make the "system" feel like balance was achieved. In the end? Smokestacks still belch the same poison. NOTHING CHANGED....except massive sums changing hands with standard commission rates, of course, for Goreboy to become a billionaire someday.

It's the biggest scam and false Faith ever seen in human history. It's THE single biggest scam known to man ....while some men are still lighting their drinking water on fire and no one gives a damn.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Okay then. Yes, I agree with you. It is about greed.

Pollution is my concern.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

lol Thank you for proving my point, i say environmentalism is the most dangerous fastest growing religion and you open up with a fire and brimstone sermon-bravo. Why did you post all this silliness?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Indeed... We do agree on the biggest issue then. On Pollution, I'll give my time, effort and personal abilities to fight the problem killing our wildlife, poisoning our people and turning our children into Special Needs cases at an alarmingly increasing rate. We may not agree on some details, but heck, what's the details when the main goal is the same? Getting far enough to squabble over the little things would be a success in itself, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

hmmmm..................

Man, Nazi's?

Nationalism is a slippery type of Extreme no Country needs.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah... The picture kinda highlights how they were selective too, eh? They skipped over the rather lengthy parts about Master Races with blond hair and blue eyes. Pretty darned important part of the program to just 'delete' while picking up the symbol and thought process, eh?

It's almost like saying you want to be Chinese ...except for that annoying part about learning the Chinese language..or living in China...or knowing Chinese History. Indeed... We can all just be English speaking Chinese, because we said we are. lol....

Of course, it loses it's humor when we realize they aren't joking in those little uniforms of theirs.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Of course, it loses it's humor when we realize they aren't joking in those little uniforms of theirs.

Yes.

As long as it goes unchecked, they can become a force of ill in that region. They are not cherry picking the ideal, or who they are following.

top topics

join