It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covert American Foregin Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I cam across this link and thought it would be a good read for those who are not fully aware to the US GOVT involvement in the World.

It is Wikipedia so it is just a brief over view of American affairs and more than likely a small example or truth revealed of how they truly conduct their "business" plan.

Waging wars and prospering from such.

1 Prior to Cold War
1.1 Russia
2 During the Cold War
2.1 Communist states 1944–89
2.2 Syria 1949
2.3 Iran 1953
2.4 Guatemala 1954
2.5 Tibet 1955–70s
2.6 Indonesia 1958
2.7 Cuba 1959
2.8 Democratic Republic of the Congo 1960–65
2.9 Iraq 1960–63
2.10 Dominican Republic 1961
2.11 South Vietnam 1963
2.12 Brazil 1964
2.13 Ghana 1966
2.14 Chile 1970–73
2.15 Afghanistan 1979–89
2.16 Turkey 1980
2.17 Poland 1980–81
2.18 Nicaragua 1981–90
2.18.1 Destablization through CIA Assets
2.18.2 Arming the Contras
2.19 Cambodia 1980–95
2.20 Angola 1980s
2.21 Philippines 1986
3 Since the end of the Cold War
3.1 Iraq 1992–96
3.2 Afghanistan 2001
3.3 Iraq 2002–03
3.4 Venezuela 2002
3.5 Gaza Strip 2006–present
3.6 Somalia 2006–07
3.7 Iran 2005–present
3.8 Libya 2011
3.9 Syria 2012

A small list but intriguing.SOURCE

Regime Change VIA USA

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
thats only the tip of the iceberg .. uncle scam got his grubby little fingers in far more than that around the world ..

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

undoubtedly and it is remarkable what they have gotten away with, with what has been declassified, yet "consumers" still believe in the capitalistic way of democracy and evidently pay for it through taxation, and civilian lives.

Americans need to stop this before it gets worse within their GOVT and country.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Oh nice…another bash America thread!

So US prospered from all of these wars?? Since you made the claim, please pick 4-5 of those wars from your list and tell us exactly how American’s prospered from them.

This ought to be interesting.

edit on 2-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

America didn't. Corporations did.

Why is it a "bash America" thread to say that our government doesn't always inform us as to all of it's machinations?

The member is presenting an idea for our reflection and discussion. Given Iraq, the likely black op in Benghazi and books like Confessions of an Economic Hitman it doesn't seem like an outrageous, gratuitous claim against the U.S.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Okay so in afghan which was just a building block to Iraq and the middle east, they prospered from opium production, 70 percent of Americans are on some prescription drug. They also found $ 1 trillion T worth of lithium in Afghan mountains

Syria first ever military coup in 1949 financed by the CIA.

Panama they bought the land/section to create and control the canal, for drug.

1893 Hawaii. The overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii refers to an event of January 17, 1893, in which anti-monarchial elements within the Kingdom of Hawaii, composed largely of American citizens, engineered the overthrow of its native monarch, Queen Lili'uokalani. Hawaii was initially reconstituted as an independent republic, but the ultimate goal of the revolutionaries was the annexation of the islands to the United States, which was finally accomplished in 1898.

I am not bashing AMERICANS only AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY dictated by TPTB and not AMERICAN PUPPET PRESIDENTS

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Corporations prospered from Cambodia, Poland, Libya, Syria, etc? Which ones?

Why is it a "bash America" thread to say that our government doesn't always inform us as to all of it's machinations?

Oversimplifying US involvement globally as “war for profit” is bashing America IMO.

The member is presenting an idea for our reflection and discussion. Given Iraq, the likely black op in Benghazi and books like Confessions of an Economic Hitman it doesn't seem like an outrageous, gratuitous claim against the U.S.

Ya right! We’ll see where this goes.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Corporations prospered from Cambodia, Poland, Libya, Syria, etc? Which ones?

Nice cherry picking out of an extensive list. However, the end game has always been globalization and the pursuit regional domination for cheap resources. Unfortunately some countries are just pawns in a game, a means to an end.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Okay so in afghan which was just a building block to Iraq and the middle east, they prospered from opium production, 70 percent of Americans are on some prescription drug. They also found $ 1 trillion T worth of lithium in Afghan mountains

There you go speculating again.

If someone benefitted then it shouldn’t be hard for you to prove. Show me evidence that US is profiting from opium and lithium in Afghanistan. Do you really believe those were the reasons US went there? Really??

I am not bashing AMERICANS only AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY dictated by TPTB and not AMERICAN PUPPET PRESIDENTS

Look, I don’t particularly like US foreign policy either but to say all of these conflicts were “wars for profit” diminishes the sacrifices made by hundreds of thousands of American veterans. It’s simply not true. Obviously there is a motive for ANY war but you make it sound like Americans value profit over life and that simply isn’t the case. People who fight wars certainly don't profit, nor would we fight wars for profit. We're not mercenaries!

Was any war the US fought justified in your opinion?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Nice cherry picking out of an extensive list.

When an extensive list is put up as examples of “war for profit” then it shouldn’t be hard to back up the ones I cherry picked, should it?

Unless of course the claim is BS.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Look, I don’t particularly like US foreign policy either but to say all of these conflicts were “wars for profit” diminishes the sacrifices made by hundreds of thousands of American veterans. It’s simply not true. Obviously there is a motive for ANY war but you make it sound like Americans value profit over life and that simply isn’t the case. People who fight wars certainly don't profit, nor would we fight wars for profit. We're not mercenaries!

There you have it.

Right there.

The twisting of Patriotism that confuses people, like yourself, into supporting the government, unquestionably.

Good and decent people are made to believe that their country *gasp* would never do such a thing as to wage war for profit. And to suggest otherwise is to fail to support those brave souls who volunteer for these wars. Souls who stand where we dare not tread. Blah, blah, blah, ad nauseum.

And that is how it's done. Peer pressure, marketing and informational gatekeeping like controlling journalist and prosecuting whistle-blowers. Coloring anyone who questions these wars with an unpatriotic brush stroke, making it personal, like one is somehow insulting our service members to question these wars.

I reject that. It's unpatriotic to NOT question them, even in retrospect. It's unpatriotic to send out a generation of young souls without even so much as a wonder or a pause as to what it's all about. Nothing but a pat on the back and a wave good bye. Followed by flag draped coffins, civilian casualties we can't discuss and increased profits.

Corporations profit through cheaper resources, lower wages and new markets. Politicians profit through lobbying and corporate campaign donations.

edit on 7/2/2013 by kosmicjack because: *government*

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It is not speculation when I can verify it with facts

The US GOVT REGULATES Drugs with the FDA which is a billion dollar industry. The Taliban who detest westerners and drugs in general destroyed opium fields to which when America entered production went up to 95 percent.

I do not have direct access to their bank accounts but the proof is in the pudding. How much money was spent and the contracts awarded to companies building infrastructure in these war torn countries ie. Haliburton?

All war is profiting. US stayed out of WW1 till the last year selling weapons to both sides.

Somethings are true whether you choose to believe them or not. My brother was killed in Afghan 4 years tomorrow. Did he die in vain, no he believed what he was fighting for and so did many veterans who died.
But when 22 American soldiers are committing suicide a daily bases in America because of what they had to endure and were order to do in the middle east, we all have a problem with what is being dictated by TPTB.

Honestly no. Murder killing is hardly justifiable. War is about one thing. Winning. For there is always a prize to winning. Power control wealth.

When did killing someone for having a bad idea become popular? Or better yet when did democracy gain the power to impose itself on other nations?

Communism was an idea but it opposed capitalistic views. And there was a cold war over it.

Democracy is about freedom of choice and entitlement to ones beliefs and having those beliefs tolerated in a civilized society. Americans confuse capitalism with democracy.

Money is freedom of speech and by all accounts $5 Billion raised for Presidential Campaign contributions.
Money sure does a lot of free speech
edit on 2-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
US Foreign Military Financing

This is one way of war profiteering

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Nice cherry picking out of an extensive list.

When an extensive list is put up as examples of “war for profit” then it shouldn’t be hard to back up the ones I cherry picked, should it?

Unless of course the claim is BS.

I will literally use exactly what you've said to another poster in this thread.

"There you go, speculating again."

You have a right to your opinions, not your own facts. Quit belly-aching over a thread you WILLFULLY choose to read and participate in.

I bet all those civilians murdered by each conflict in that list sure would see things differently compared to "yet another America bashing thread (insert emoticons to show superiority here)."

Oh and I am an American and I was born here, just wanted to clarify before I'm told not to stick my nose in other countries affairs.

EDIT: One last thing to add, cut out the woe-is-me "the thousands of brave troops who sacrificed their lives."

1.) They signed up for it knowing full well the consequence (drafts are excluded, obviously. Threw that in there so you can't cherry-pick).
2.) Your perception on topics such as freedom, justification, etc, are NOT an absolute universal truth, it is YOUR OPINION.
3.) The US military force is really fighting for it's people's freedoms now, yeah? WRONG.
And oh yes, did I forget to mention that THEY SIGNED UP FOR IT?

I don't like seafood, so I don't go to Red Lobster and gorge on crab and bitch the whole time about how disgusting it is. Your patriotism is borderline fanatical, and you're always one to call foul on "anti-American" threads, yet you bury your head in the sand when it comes to REAL (not speculative boo-hoo'ing) atrocities the US government has committed with obedient troops being the sword, following their orders unquestioned.

My country, America, was founded on principles greater than "Blindly defend your current government and military because we told you to and because if you don't you're anti-American. This country was founded on equality, something along the lines of "The weakest man is just as important as the strongest."
edit on 3-7-2013 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
reply to post by seabag

Okay so in afghan which was just a building block to Iraq and the middle east, they prospered from opium production, 70 percent of Americans are on some prescription drug. They also found $ 1 trillion T worth of lithium in Afghan mountains.

Wow, so the US owns all the opium in Afghanistan? And all those lavishly-funded counternarcotics missions are just because we have more opium than we know what to do with? And all of Afghanistan's minerals were loaded into airplanes and flown to the US? Afghanistan hasn't been signing contracts with the UK, Poland, Canada, Turkey, India, and China? That's good to know.

And the US really needed a building block into Iraq, located in a land-locked country far away from Iraq, with no overflight rights into Iraq, where they would be under constant threat of attack, when the US already had substantial forces and basing rights in the Gulf? I learn more about logistics every day.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

WOW. Well said... air high five bro

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by whatzshaken
reply to post by seabag

Okay so in afghan which was just a building block to Iraq and the middle east, they prospered from opium production, 70 percent of Americans are on some prescription drug. They also found $ 1 trillion T worth of lithium in Afghan mountains.

Wow, so the US owns all the opium in Afghanistan? And all those lavishly-funded counternarcotics missions are just because we have more opium than we know what to do with? And all of Afghanistan's minerals were loaded into airplanes and flown to the US? Afghanistan hasn't been signing contracts with the UK, Poland, Canada, Turkey, India, and China? That's good to know.

And the US really needed a building block into Iraq, located in a land-locked country far away from Iraq, with no overflight rights into Iraq, where they would be under constant threat of attack, when the US already had substantial forces and basing rights in the Gulf? I learn more about logistics every day.

You see AMERICA needs to have its population on some form of medication to take away the guns.

You need to establish a democracy so that corporations can come in and deplete said country of its natural resources. Otherwise Karzai wouldn't not be getting his bags of cash each month from the CIA( drug pimps)

Yes they did need an excuse to have troops oversea, after Afghan it was "well our troops are here so me might as well get saddam and his WMD"

OH WAIT.... HE NEVER HAD ANY.

top topics

join