It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: U.S. has pushed peninsula 'to the brink of war'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
It seems the US is always involved in every conflict on every continent, but its everybody elses fault though. Might wanna open a map of the world and see just how far the US travels from its cozy borders to hold peace talks between it and other far away lands.

Sure, go ahead and look it up. Yeah America has been many places and done many things (some good and some bad). You don't hear us say we're gonna nuke you if you don't do what we want. However the Kim regime seems to like writing checks that their behind can't cash...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
While I am fond of China, I wouldn't be surprised if they are agreeing with the US and UN and denouncing NK on the world stage for their nuclear ambitions, part of me suspects they encourage them behind closed doors.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Little Kimmy seems to be desperate for attention and to be taken seriously on the world stage. Every time he feels he isn't getting enough of the spot-light he throws a tantrum and threatens the world with his big bad nuclear bomb..

Really, kind of like a spoiled child. Which I guess he is in many ways.

Like a spoiled child he isn't getting what he wants so he's acting out.

So what countries will play mummy and daddy? Will they give him what he wants or give him a spanking and send him to his room with no dinner?

He kind of reminds me of my friend's little boy. He (the little boy) will sometimes threaten to break things when he wants attention. However, the fear of of punishment keeps him from actually carrying through with his threat of breaking something. But, the threat of doing it gives him the attention he wants - even if its negative attention

Little Kimmy seems a lot like that little boy..

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's an "are we there yet?" time with North Korea; it's been a few years of this at least. Snowden must be cover for the traffic over there. Reminds me of the bad korean propaganda video using the word "snow" in the translation for what the hungry Americans eat.

Drinking coffee made of snow...These trees are full of snow...You can also eat the snow, of which there is plenty in the United States...

Yes, there is plenty of snow in the US right now. The snow must go on!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Poor old North Korea, no-one knows they're here,

They jump and shout, and run about, with a leader instilling pure fear.

But when push comes to shove, when you read the above, you have no need to worry,

Because although "Kim the insane", has a pea for a brain, when its blown out, it'll make a nice curry

:-)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
...but only “if the United States sincerely seeks to end the vicious cycle of tensions and hostility” and has no preconditions, its foreign minister said here Tuesday.

Willing to hold talks but only if no preconditions... yet at the same time setting up preconditions for the talks..."BUT ONLY" and then pointing the finger in the same breath saying the US is the instigator of the tension and hostility.

Yeah, I don't see talks happening soon with that kind of double talk and finger pointing... you can have no conditions but here is ours... and we will talk if you stop tension and violence.

I guess North Korea is so used to dictating... they aren't even aware when they are doing it? It just shows there is really nothing that can be said or gained from sitting down... one side can't go in giving ultimatums if they are to seek an agreement. With countries or people...
edit on 3-7-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wonder if people even pay any attention? Let alone the international political community?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

vI not so convinced they have any real threat

To the US? No.

To South Korea though....absolutely. If they went all out, thousands of South Koreans would die in massive artillery attacks. In addition, troops emerging in SK from tunnels would create havoc in the streets, and NK tanks would roll across the DMZ. If they did this while a carrier force was absent, South Korea would be hard pressed to resist, and would have to resort to air attacks against NK targets while the military tried to push them back on the ground. Without help, SK could not hope to win. They will have help though, and that is why it is regime suicide for Kim, and why he hasn't done it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join