It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian artifact or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I always like to look on the Martian surface just to look on another planet other then ours , In some cases I see glitches , that I think they are . But this one well looked more metal to me that other glitches I saw.

So I though where would I place this picture ? I can't say it's UFO like , More like some tower because when I was looking at the direction the artifact seem to have the same light and shadow direction as the rocks had.

But anyway I found it worthy enough to trow it here the exploration box rather then in the Aliens and UFO section..

Curiosity

So any Ideas what this could be?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Could it be a dust devil on the horizon? Considering its from an ultra wide angle shot, it seems to be very distant. And, dust devils on Mars are much bigger and last much longer than here on Earth. The are more like weak tornadoes or water spouts (but with Martian dust).

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Wouldn't that be more cone like? not that straight as on the picture ?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can't say that it is a rock. That's different, anyway.

Is the Martian atmosphere thick enough to cause a smoke trail if a meteoroid enters it?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I always like to look on the Martian surface just to look on another planet other then ours , In some cases I see glitches , that I think they are . But this one well looked more metal to me that other glitches I saw.

So I though where would I place this picture ? I can't say it's UFO like , More like some tower because when I was looking at the direction the artifact seem to have the same light and shadow direction as the rocks had.

But anyway I found it worthy enough to trow it here the exploration box rather then in the Aliens and UFO section..

Curiosity

So any Ideas what this could be?

This is the info from your pic:

This image was taken by Front Hazcam: Left B (FHAZ_LEFT_B) onboard NASA's Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 317 (2013-06-27 20:57:21 UTC).

And then there's this:

This image was taken by Front Hazcam: Right B (FHAZ_RIGHT_B) onboard NASA's Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 317 (2013-06-27 20:57:21 UTC).

Source

These images were taken by the 2 front hazcams at the same time with the artefact appearing in the left cam but not the right.

My guess is an imaging glitch or missing/corrupt data in the transmission.
edit on 2/7/13 by Morgil because: Grammar

edit on 2/7/13 by Morgil because: Link

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

I've noticed that too , but still it looked solid to me?also I've seen other pictures on sol 317 and had the idea that some of them still showed this thing vaguely . but I'm not dismissing your idea
edit on 2-7-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's above the horizon line, so to me it looks like it's a meteorite. Given that the air is thinner, meteorites would get in closer to the ground.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Yes, it could be a hot pixel, it does have a bright spot at the furtherest point, although i'm not what the multi image scatter is about, maybe a very slight vibration. But if it is not in both cameras with the pictures being taken at the same time, it is likely a camera artifact. Even the right camera has it's own contribution, with something 'flying away' (top middle to left)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Okay, devils advocate. Once in a while I hear people say that the Mars mission is bogus and that they are really just filming some remote place somewhere in China.

So of course, they have to edit pics once in a while that show something earthly so as to prevent us from finding that out. In the photo lab they discover that this image has a jet contrail from over the horizon in it and they assign a lowly intern to remove it before releasing it to the public and he does... but forgets to remove the contrail from both of the stereo cameras!

Whoops!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes, but but, it's not over the horizon, the pic is taken through a fisheye lens, there are more land forms behind the image in question.

edit on 2-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Oh duh, I thought those were clouds.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ice crystals in dust reflecting light... www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 3-7-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
let's also remember that the video "signal" travels hundreds of millions of miles through space. this signal could have been hit bit a speck of gamma particle or other radiation on the way back to earth. there also could have been some type of interference on mars that affected that one camera and not the other.

new topics

top topics

join