It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEPs caught on camera 'turning up to work for just a few minutes a day in order to claim €300 ex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The European Parliament was tonight embroiled in yet another scandal after MEPs were accused of claiming €300 expenses for only a few minutes work. Two politicians were filmed on a hidden camera arriving moments before the evening deadline after which MEPs cannot claim a daily allowance of €300 expense - a scam know as 'sign in and sod off'. And when Italian Raffaele Baldassarre and Czech Miloslav Ransdorf were confronted they reacted with anger to questions about their expenses as they leave the Brussels building a few minutes later.

Again proof that these politicians are taking tax money for nothing. Italian MEP Raffaele Baldassarre is more nervous than Czech Miloslav Ransdorf

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 2-7-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So now everyone can understand why the NSA is spying on the European Parlement because they are trying to catch those sly civil servants blowing all our hard earned money away?

This has been going on for a very very long time and i take my hat off to the journalist and his team for having filmed those 2 guys... but in all honesty, do you really think that they care and will do something about it?... will they Beau locks!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

so with that you are saying that its okay that NSA are spying on a so called 'friendly' government. its okay that they are using means to spy on a group that they claim to help and be friends with. i think you are mistaken about certain things, yes of course these politicians are doing this, have been doing this and most likely will continue to do this but do you honestly think there are no American politicians doing this?

think about what you are saying, its okay that the NSA are spying on other governments as long as they are catching them doing things like this, so with that you are saying if the NSA are spying on someone and when they are caught say something like OH WELL THEY WERE BREAKING THE LAW, THEY LET THEIR DOG CRAP ON THE STREET WITHOUT PICKING IT UP, it is okay?

Dont get me wrong i know spying is a must for this modern world but i think spying shouldnt be on every single person across the planet, if they seem to be guilty or in some way connected to terrorism groups then yes spy until your eyes bleed but if they have no connection then dont. by your comments i think you are giving them an okay to spy.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
So now everyone can understand why the NSA is spying on the European Parlement because they are trying to catch those sly civil servants blowing all our hard earned money away?

This has been going on for a very very long time and i take my hat off to the journalist and his team for having filmed those 2 guys... but in all honesty, do you really think that they care and will do something about it?... will they Beau locks!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I think you're just joking but in case you really meant that..

What would US national security have to do with other countries stealing from their own taxpayers? This has nothing to do with the US.

This just means that their politicians are no better than our own.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Not at all shocked. Humans by and large will do the smallest possible amount of work for the largest possible amount of gain. But, most of us actually have to spent a certain number of hours at work per day to get paid. People who are supposed to be civil servants should have to take an hourly wage and punch a clock just like the rest of us slaves.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Kindest respects

Rodinus

What would US national security have to do with other countries stealing from their own taxpayers? This has nothing to do with the US.

Yes, the first phrase WAS humour
But a little wink anyway because of what has been going on with the NSA sticking their noses where they don't really need to (and all of this for national security!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Yes, the first phrase WAS humour
But a little wink anyway because of what has been going on with the NSA sticking their noses where they don't really need to (and all of this for national security!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Figured it would have to be. I didn't you would go that far down the rabbit hole. lol
edit on 2-7-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We were talking about a similar thing on the "labour party politicians are wealthy millionaires" thread here.

They're the same everywhere, all in it to line their own pockets and to hell with the people they're supposed to be representing.

They're all in bed with the bankers and corporations, and while we pay for their mistakes they squeeze us for more and more so that they can get fatter and fatter.

Why there hasn't been a revolution yet somewhere in Europe bewilders me.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Alright, okay!

Well now, why don't we just take this to the next level.Lets just these politicians to make all of THEIR metadata public. If it's good enough for them to spy on us when we're not looking, then why don't they just make all of their routine public so that we can scrutinize every move that they make... Got nothing to hide?

Oh, wait, that's THEIR personal business??

Mmm Hmm...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Everyone working there must know of these facts but don't speak out, which makes them just as guilty as the perpetrators. Politicians are scum. How can you expect (moral) guidance from people who have no morality?
edit on 2/7/2013 by pinobot because: typo

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
look most days at the house of commons in the uk the benched are empty wtf are those elected people doing .

someone i knew only had to turn up at the house of lords and sign his name in a book once a year to collect £60.000 and that was in the mid 90s i wonder what it is now ?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
(yawn)...so what?...if you don't like it, change it. this is not new, and it won't change, because nobody has the power, or the will to change it. do you think getting them on camera will do anything? you are ignorant of power

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Same in German Bundestag. Only a few people are attending. The Germany party "Die Linke" requested a vote recently, just to show that the government could not make a legal decision, because too many politicians are absent.

The problem is, they get the money, but dont have to come. I request a quote of 80% of attendance to get their full wages. They are too focused on working on other jobs like companies managment positions and get more money instead of working for the people who elected them.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danny85
reply to post by Rodinus

so with that you are saying that its okay that NSA are spying on a so called 'friendly' government. its okay that they are using means to spy on a group that they claim to help and be friends with. i think you are mistaken about certain things, yes of course these politicians are doing this, have been doing this and most likely will continue to do this but do you honestly think there are no American politicians doing this?

think about what you are saying, its okay that the NSA are spying on other governments as long as they are catching them doing things like this, so with that you are saying if the NSA are spying on someone and when they are caught say something like OH WELL THEY WERE BREAKING THE LAW, THEY LET THEIR DOG CRAP ON THE STREET WITHOUT PICKING IT UP, it is okay?

Dont get me wrong i know spying is a must for this modern world but i think spying shouldnt be on every single person across the planet, if they seem to be guilty or in some way connected to terrorism groups then yes spy until your eyes bleed but if they have no connection then dont. by your comments i think you are giving them an okay to spy.

*Ouch*

I guess you didn"t see my post after that when i said that my first phrase was humour then?

In my eyes and what really narks me is that in times of peace allies are spying on other allies with the pretext of saying that it is for national security... What a bunch of hippocrites they all are!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
They are too focused on working on other jobs like companies managment positions and get more money instead of working for the people who elected them.

It is worrying to know that we in the EU are being run and governed by part timers

A couple of Euro deputies over here in France were also caught out about 2 years ago... their response to the journalist was... "So what"?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This is why people don't want to work.

Why should they when they see this type of behaviour from our MP's??

As I've said before, they say one thing and then do the exact opposite themselves....

Why the rest of us work hard to pay for these Politicians to Rule over us is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This is journalism.
I know, most members here probably don't understand what this means, especially our American friends. This is what happens when the people actually stand up and start asking questions and holding their politicians to account.

Anyone remember the video of American politicians voting "on behalf of" others when they weren't present? That's fraud, but no one talked about it, no one protested, CNN didn't do any scoop on it and no media outlet dared to ask any questions because they didn't want to be the ones locked out of White House news conferences, punished for actually doing the work of a journalist.

People don't think this kind of thing is happening in their country every day? I've seen it at the local level, with our regional government spending money on rubbish just to exceed their budget and ensure they had more needless funding from central government the following cycle.

I've seen civil servants wasting their time while they were supposedly working on "community relations" or other such nonsense, justifying their job, because it helps them to rake in the cash for doing nothing, and it helps to spend the money the local government gets from Whitehall.

Our MP's in parliament have even legalized this corruption, being given salaries of £60K a year, while being a name plate on corporate boards and earning another £100k, and having their mortgages, rent, gas bills, food bills, phone bills and more all paid out from our taxes too.

It's a damn cushy job if you can get. Milking the tax paying public for every penny you can get. The only actual work these people seem to do is desperately trying to look like they're actually doing something.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They should go to court for fraud

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanotherslave
They should go to court for fraud

Ah, that would involve layers/solicitors etc etc, and they do not do much more either.

Did not Mr farage bring this sort of behavior in Brussels to our attention, some months ago. Seem to recall people deriding him about his views?

Perhaps people are born masochists?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The journalist is Tom Staal from Geenstijl.tv, a dutch website
www.geenstijl.tv...

edit on 4-7-2013 by Demanto because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join