It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help identifying Orange Orbs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hello ATS, Over the past year ( probably even longer ) I have witnessed many, many, many, many orange orbs in the night sky. I have been seeing these things even more frequently in the past couple months. They travel in a straight line usually to a north to northish direction very visible in the mid to late night sky.

What the hell are these things guys??? One night I was at my neighbors Bon fire and we counted 8 orbs through a matter of just a couple hours. At one point there were two orbs traveling side by side for quite a distance until one shot ahead of the other and they both fell in line on a straight linear path.

When I first started seeing these things many thoughts raced through my mind, now it's come to the point where I expect to see these every night. Which I almost always do. I thought they were some type of craft or intelligently guided object until I came across this description from Yahoo answers on an orange orb question here it is :

"Government scientists and military are experimenting with plasma (a type of ball lightening) as a weapon of destruction. Using high-powered lasers, they create these burst of energy and try to control them using microwave signals and/or strong magnetic fields. A lot of people are seeing these experiments and thinking they are UFOs."

Could this be why they are so frequently visible?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieSektor
"Government scientists and military are experimenting with plasma (a type of ball lightening) as a weapon of destruction. Using high-powered lasers, they create these burst of energy and try to control them using microwave signals and/or strong magnetic fields. A lot of people are seeing these experiments and thinking they are UFOs."

Could this be why they are so frequently visible?

Sounds like nonsense.

You haven't thought about recording these orbs, considering that you seem to see them frequently?
edit on 2-7-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Nevertheless you may be right about that Yahoo answer reply, it does sound far fetched but they appear so frequently practically daily. If i stay up and look for them I'm almost certain I can find one every night.

I have tried to capture these with my phone but they don't show up well enough.

Some are brighter than others and they sometimes go from an orb to a faint pinhead sized light back to a bright orb.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DieSektor

What the hell are these things guys???

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I'm just going to re-post my orange orb experience for you.

"I was on the summit of a range of mountains in my town. I was there with my friend. We were sitting in the car at about 8 or 830pm. There were no clouds in sight. Friend was looking up at the stars and asks me, "Whats that?". It took me about 5 seconds to get in position to see what they saw.

What I saw was an intense orb of orange light. There was no sound, and the light refraction seemed static... as in, it wasn't a typical light that you see twinkling in the atmosphere. it just gave the impression of being in the upper atmosphere or even above it/in space. It didn't move in a straight line either, it moved like it was an insect in the wind, slight variations in its course(I later wondered if it was maneuvering around space debris). It traveled across at least half of the sky, and when it had reached about halfway, it suddenly accelerated, and arced up/away from us, in two distinctly noticeable bounds, and disappeared into the background of space within less then a second. The acceleration was mind boggling. It didn't travel in a direction exactly away from us, on the angle we saw it, it really gave them impression that it went the bleakness of space very far away. It also became smaller as it sped off, reinforcing that impression of it actually traveling far away, as opposed to being an event taking place solely in the upper atmosphere.

As soon as we observed it do this, we became very verbal, shouting, "What the f**k was that?!", over and over... I immediately turned on the car and left, we both felt fear."

Also, since this event I started researching the phenomenon. There have been several instances where saucers have been linked with these orange orbs. People see them every day, doing mundane things like traveling in straight lines, to the exceptional cases where they accelerate beyond comprehension into space. It's pretty hard to deny they are some type of space-faring vehicle.

To the chinese lantern poster... Good joke.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Worship, thank you for sharing your story my friend it appears we both have witness very similar events no doubt about it. The Chinese lantern answer just does no sum up to what i see so frequently.

A PAPER LIKE blimp or ballon structure connected to a housing which allows a candle or flame to stay lit which creates temperature fluctuations to allow lighter thinner air to create lift and air flow current WILL NEVER stay intact enough without damage from our Earths atmosphere to do what I'm seeing daily.

A typical Chinese lantern will never be able to sustain such height elevations and maintain such precise trajectory all the while emitting such a visible light in the nights sky.

I want an answer these are being viewed everyday something is happening, WHY is this not being discussed in the public domain?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieSektor
Nevertheless you may be right about that Yahoo answer reply, it does sound far fetched but they appear so frequently practically daily. If i stay up and look for them I'm almost certain I can find one every night.

I have tried to capture these with my phone but they don't show up well enough.

Some are brighter than others and they sometimes go from an orb to a faint pinhead sized light back to a bright orb.

So were are the pictures or videos and proper information on time, date ,direction facing, angle up to the objects in the sky an approx position ( no need to be exact) you are looking from etc etc.

Until you give some real data ANYBODY can make claims like this.

The lanterns - effectively, mini-hot air balloons composed of flame, paper and wire - cost as little as £2 each and can travel as far as 30 miles,

Obviously they travel further and higher than you think they don't just come in ONE size or shape or colour

edit on 2-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ahhh, the ol' OBOL. The bane of ufology. Not just because chinese lanterns are often mistaken for "visitors," but because chinese lanterns seem to cloud a real puzzle that has been reported from recorded time.

I sometimes wonder if the ancients created--or at least used--"fire balloons" as an homage to the real deal.

The thread below will give you, hopefully, some comfort and provide a base for further study.

Having said that: Yes, chinese lantern have fooled thousands of folk...but the real deal has mystified thousands more. I highly recommend Jacques Vallee and Chris Aubeck's book Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times where you will find dozens of reports that fit this category.

If I hadn't had my own sighting up close enough to know it weren't no Chinese lantern, I would be skeptical of all OBOL reports, too. Having seen such a sight, however, forces me to read all obol accounts and look for the occasional detail that separates the balloons from the "Ball."

What are they?: Either an unknown natural phenomenon or something related to an intelligence--earthly or otherwise. In other words: Beats tha' heck outta me!

Fire in the sky - The Orange UFO Mystery

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Moronic and utterly unhelpful !!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
reply to post by gortex

Moronic and utterly unhelpful !!

But on topic ,which your comment isn't

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
As someone who has also seen the orbs many many times, there is no way that these things are CLs-

April 2012- I saw one so brilliantly luminous that it created a kind of translucent cloud of orange light around it. also it reflected slightly off of cloud cover above it. I tried to film it but could not get my garbage flip-up cellphone to work in time, & it is USELESS in less than full daylight. It was amazingly beautiful.

To compare the orbs to CLs is just a joke- there is NO WAY they are the same thing. One is a large ball of brilliant pure light that is consistant in intesity, the other is just a little candle flitting around in the wind

Last summer I witnessed a pure white one that float silently across the entire sky under scattered cloudcover, right over the mountains (appearring several thousand feet above them). I have asked several other people where I live- & they have seen them as well.

One sighting maybe a couple years ago invloved about 5-10 of them appearing to be very very high in the sky. The were all travelling in different directions in different parts of the sky. Then they dissappeared. Then about 30 seconds to a minute later I heard a jet enjine. Then the jet enjine sound fades away. Then about 30 seconds to a minute later, the orbs return. Then the jet sound returns, & the orbs dissappear. Then the jet sound faded away. This I tried to capture on said crappy cellphone. I could only film the one brightest orb, & the following jet sounds. The footage was pure $**#, & there was no way to transfer to a computer (no data plan), so I erased it!

I have seen them pure brilliant white, yellow, brilliant orange, & deep red (once). They are no hallucination because I have (crappily) filmed them.

& they are not chinese lanterns!!

Some but not all, may be sattellite reflections ("iridium flares").

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have seen them multiple times myself. I only have an iphone camera and tried to take pics with no luck. Just the other night we saw 3 or 4 of them which appeared in the southwestern sky which would have put them over Lake Erie around 2am. They just sat there hovering below the clouds in a row.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

IMO...current military technologies from any of Earth's civilizations, do not have the means or the werewithall to create guided lighted plasma orbs in our atmosphere or beyond --- as compared to our space brothers --- who have certainly achieved such technological capabilities, due to eyewitness reports of foofighters; including my own.

Most eyewitness reports of fiery-balled red-orange plasma foofighters... are low altitude [below radar cover], slow moving orb's in the process of a take-off or landing phases --- or a much more complex faster maneuver that could include the use of the magnetically controlled plasma surrounding the starship, as an offensive or defensive weapon.

Any high altitude maneuvers for the foofighter, probably requires the use of high speed bluish-white plasma photons, surrounding the starship, that fuels the photon engine for escape earth velocity's that probably includes sublight speeds --- with the main fuel being seawater --- that is compressed between the two outer magnetic fields of the starship; till the fusion reaction occurs.

Any outer space excursions by the starship, probably requires the use of pure starlight photon's, that are attracted and expelled with tremendous thrust --- increasing speed exponentionally --- till the breakthrough past the speed of light; into the superluminal realm.

edit on 2-7-2013 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

edit on 2-7-2013 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

IMO...current military technologies do not have the means or the werewithall to create guided lighted plasma orbs in our atmosphere or beyond --- as compared to our space brothers --- who have certainly achieved such technological capabilities, due to eyewitness reports of foofighters; including my own.

To play devil's advocate: What about early testing phases? I have my reasons for asking that question.

Most eyewitness reports of fiery-balled red-orange plasma foofighters... are low altitude [below radar cover], slow moving orb's in the process of a take-off or landing phases...

My "liquid-metal orb" sighting was definitely in the "slow-moving" "take-off" category, so that's an interesting observation, Mr Erno!

IMO, you are definitely underrated here at ATS as far as your observations and knowledge goes, but...how much attention have you given to the excellent questions raised by the various forms of the IDH? Have you kept an open mind and perused the questions/literature...or has your excellent mind always been made up with no delving into the deeper questions?

Much respect, Erno.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Orange orbs are one of the oldest and most common UFO sightings.
They were seen by ships throughout history and were called "mast lights."
They were common in WWII and were called "Foo fighters."
They are very often seen with other UFO activity.
No honest person can say for sure what they are.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by Erno86

IMO...current military technologies do not have the means or the werewithall to create guided lighted plasma orbs in our atmosphere or beyond --- as compared to our space brothers --- who have certainly achieved such technological capabilities, due to eyewitness reports of foofighters; including my own.

To play devil's advocate: What about early testing phases? I have my reasons for asking that question.

Most eyewitness reports of fiery-balled red-orange plasma foofighters... are low altitude [below radar cover], slow moving orb's in the process of a take-off or landing phases...

My "liquid-metal orb" sighting was definitely in the "slow-moving" "take-off" category, so that's an interesting observation, Mr Erno!

IMO, you are definitely underrated here at ATS as far as your observations and knowledge goes, but...how much attention have you given to the excellent questions raised by the various forms of the IDH? Have you kept an open mind and perused the questions/literature...or has your excellent mind always been made up with no delving into the deeper questions?

Much respect, Erno.

And with mutual respect to you Gut,

You mean the early testing for plasma fields, that absorb hyper-sonic sound waves? I don't know whether the U.S. or Russia have been successful in creating a magnetic plasma field in front of a hypersonic aircraft; but I seriously doubt that they've been successful in creating such a technology --- because if either one of them have been successful --- they would be half on there way into aquiring nuclear fusion power, for electric generating power stations.

The IDH question is still a perplexing equation...along with my own theory's on interstellar starship propulsion --- have far from being completely answered yet --- even though I welcome all theory's; as to how and why our interstellar space brother's visit our planet.

Due to one of my space alien photograph's taken at Calvert Cliffs, in 1972...I still cling [but have no proof] to the possible laser holographic alien humanoid imagery --- that was impressed on my film --- as a possible answer as to why these aliens seem to be in another dimension, but could instead be a form of laser holographic technology; as a means of communication to our fellow Earthling's.

Cheers,

Erno
edit on 2-7-2013 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
ive seen orange orbs too far off in the distance above a mtn range. these where stationary four in a row. they faded out one after another and reappeared in different formation and stationary again. it was my first sighting of what i would consider a UFO.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I saw some orange orbs in the Jacksonville FL sky a few months ago. I'm almost sure they were Chinese lanterns, but you never know...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UncleVinnys

They were also possibly shot at too. 1942 los angeles event.

As to their origin, well I'm sticking with the "A" word. Whether E.t or inter dimensional.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Specimen because: Didn't spell check.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmark
ive seen orange orbs too far off in the distance above a mtn range. these where stationary four in a row. they faded out one after another and reappeared in different formation and stationary again. it was my first sighting of what i would consider a UFO.

Those sound very much like flares for military training. They have parachutes and descend slowly. You saw four which were launched nearly at the same time, and then they burned down. Later you saw four new ones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join