It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Holy Spirit be hindering me from opening the "portal"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You have an inner dissonance. You obviously have been raised to believe in "the holy spirit" as part of your indoctrination. So now when you start to actually explore reality as you should, your old training kicks in. It's the same as when you are raised to believe that you will go to hell if you masturbate.. then you hit 15 and *BAM* those old hormones just kick in. What happens? Inner dissonance.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Demons communicate through meditation, that is why it is also used in Satanism so effectively.

Below is a quote from an ATS post explaining how to summon demons that confirms this:

During the day... study the arts.... meditate all that you can, look up how to open your 3rd eye...
The way the daemon communicates is through telepathy since you're new to this whole thing.... that's why meditation is very important... to hear him and not yourself. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Assuming this is true, it would be telepathy not the meditation.

These things are TOOLS and can be used in different ways depending on who is using them.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by braveswin

Please elaborate on what you are talking about . Are you trying to mix Middle Eastern Yoga with Christianity ?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If you don't know - you don't know. But I still shake my head.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Please elaborate on what you are talking about . Are you trying to mix Middle Eastern Yoga with Christianity ?

No, I was referring to the spiritual journeys that people have.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
there are forces within and without you who aren't nice, they don't want to be known or distracted and they keep us from doing things to do that.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
maybe this will help some.

first i wouldn't go joy ridin through the astral plane on my own.

but if the time is right God will take you, it might happen when you least expect it.
here look what happened to paul.

2 Corinthians 12 (New American Standard Bible)
Paul’s Vision

12 Boasting is necessary, though it is not profitable; but I will go on to visions and revelations [a]of the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a man was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know how such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows— 4 was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak. 5 On behalf of such a man I will boast; but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in regard to my weaknesses. 6 For if I do wish to boast I will not be foolish, for I will be speaking the truth; but I refrain from this, so that no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me.

A Thorn in the Flesh

7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! 8 Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast [c]about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with [d]insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

edit on 2-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by braveswin
Please take this seriously, as I am.

I try to meditate, read, and gather all the information possible about spiritual journneys and things with the third eye. But when I seem to make progress I just get this overwhelming feeling that I shouldn't be doing this, thats its paganism. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't mess with it if I were in your shoes. I played with the occult some when I was younger and stupid. You open yourself up to channel spirits and you're going to end up in the hands of something demonic. It's playing with fire.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I just get this overwhelming feeling that I shouldn't be doing this, that its paganism.

That overwhelming "feeling" is a clear sign that you are being warned of danger.

Several posters on ATS have confirmed that meditation opens up a doorway for demonic spirits to pass through.

I completely agree!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I try to meditate, read, and gather all the information possible about spiritual journneys and things with the third eye. But when I seem to make progress I just get this overwhelming feeling that I shouldn't be doing this, thats its paganism. Any thoughts?

It could be that it simply doesn't work. I wonder if that has ever crossed your mind? Maybe lower your expectations a little.
edit on 3-7-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

maybe what doesn't work?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Please take this seriously, as I am.

Probably because you've been reading too many books! Properly prepare your mind and energies, and you'll have nothing to fear and all to gain.

edit on 3-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Could the Holy Spirit be hindering me from opening the "portal"

Do you open portals Harry?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I'm not even sure what that means, I assume hes just using a metaphor? Correct me if I'm wrong OP.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

How will I know God will initiate them? I will truly seek God in my journey to spiritual enlightenment.

Seeking God VS seeking enlightenment. He IS enlightenment.

A potential danger to look out for is when we look to the gift and not the Giver.

Sometimes we focus on the call while neglecting the Caller.

Jesus tells us to seek FIRST the Kingdom of God, and God's righteousness, and if we do, essentially everything else will eventually fall into it's proper place and priority in our lives.

You know, the church has . . . The Pentecostal world is so excited about the gifts, and they have been for over a hundred years now.

I believe in the gifts. I thank God for the gifts of the Spirit. I believe they're very, very important in the life of the local body.

But I believe that a lot of people have gotten sidetracked a little bit and they have become enamored, or they have become infatuated, with the gifts.

And they have failed to receive the fullness of the Giver.

The gift is not what you want to fall in love with. It's the One who gives you the gift.

You don't want to show all of your attention to the gift. You want to show your attention to the One that made the sacrifice to give you the gift.

You see, our Lord Jesus Christ did not operate as the apostle Paul said the church would operate in the Book of First Corinthians where he lists the gifts and he says, "Some will have the gift of the word of wisdom, and some the word of knowledge, and some healing and miracles."

And a lot people place these gifts in the life of Messiah, and they say He was operating in the gifts of the Spirit.

But I want to tell you something. He was operating in a whole lot more than that.

In Him was the Spirit of Knowledge.

He wasn't just carrying the gift of the word of knowledge. In Him was the very Spirit of Knowledge.

He was walking in this manifested form of God, the Godhead, bodily. And the Spirit of Knowledge and the Spirit of Wisdom was being manifested in Him.

I believe that God is calling His people closer to Him and that we're going to begin to focus not on the gifts, but on the Giver.

And if we become intimately . . . in intimate relationship with the Giver, then we, too, can have a transformation in our spirit.

And our spirit can be transformed from the spirit that we carry, this human spirit, to this Spirit of Knowledge and this Spirit of Wisdom that operated in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I'll summarize it by saying all that was in God He poured into this Messiah, His Son.

And all that was in this Messiah, the Son, He poured into His body at Shavuot on the day of Pentecost when God took this very same resurrection Spirit that raised His body, the Lord Jesus, from the dead and He placed that very same resurrection Power in the believer.

With that comes the potential to operate in full knowledge and full revelation and full wisdom.

Receiving 'Full Knowledge' From The Throne

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Originally posted by HarryTZ
The only reason you're getting this feeling is because you have some prior bias built upon religious beliefs.

It takes a LOT of gall to accuse others of religious bias while using a sig quote from the founder of the Rajneesh cult.

In FACT, it completely destroys any credibility that you might have had.

This Charles Manson wannabe (aka RAJNEESH) accumulated ninety Rolls Royces, five private jets, and a helicopter and you don't think HE might have had just a little religious bias?

"...haunted by the accusations of sex abuse, tax evasion and poisonings, the Bhagwan retreated back to his original ashram in Poona. In 1985 he declared that his religion was dead – and that it had, in fact, been invented by his followers." samdjordison.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I look at it this way,the greater reality around us has been shown to be an extremely powerful experience,perhaps we are being subdued as a result of protection. I read a lot of occult books to find out the story about conjuration when it hit me how in the hell could I attract an entity that is ageless and tell it what to do? If ANYBODY could change reality in a big way we would notice it. So no big payoff maybe you get ALL KINDS of material goods while you live,but no immortality or godlike power or we would know it.
If anyone had done this I doubt they would hide.There is a trap here by my "gut" feeling

You can force open your own chakras, I heard it was a bad idea.

I do sympathize however despite a life of part time research on these subjects I have witnessed nothing... ever but circumstantial luck.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by HarryTZ

The only reason you're getting this feeling is because you have some prior bias built upon religious beliefs.

It takes a LOT of gall to accuse others of religious bias while using a sig quote from the founder of the Rajneesh cult.

In FACT, it completely destroys any credibility that you might have had.

This Charles Manson wannabe (aka RAJNEESH) accumulated ninety Rolls Royces, five private jets, and a helicopter and you don't think HE might have had just a little religious bias?

"...haunted by the accusations of sex abuse, tax evasion and poisonings, the Bhagwan retreated back to his original ashram in Poona. In 1985 he declared that his religion was dead – and that it had, in fact, been invented by his followers." samdjordison.blogspot.com...

It's a quote, good sir. It is the message the he spoke, not his previous actions, that I follow. Plus, Osho's message was not a religious one, and since it seems you only know about his life and not his message, you really have no place to be criticizing me.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Osho's message was not a religious one...

Nothing could be further from the truth...

FYI, you really have no place to be criticizing the OP either...

Rajneesh stole from any religion he could scavenge from, and spit out a pastiche of a religion, chock FULL of pseudoreligiousity.

He taught a syncretistic spiritual path that combined elements from Hinduism, Jainism, Zen Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, ancient Greek philosophy, many other religious and philosophic traditions, humanistic psychology, new forms of therapy and meditation, etc. www.religioustolerance.org...

Osho also renounced his cult's religion as well BTW.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

What does that have to do with the quote in my signature. Please tell me, I am interested. If it said
"Be - don't try to become
-Jesus"
I'm sure we would have no problem.
edit on 3-7-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join