It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'Virtual' Heterosexual Pride Parade.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Originally posted by FlySolo

A hate crime is a hate crime. The same people killing a homosexual are the same ones killing a black, a Jew, or take your pick. This argument doesn't make their cause anymore worthy of a parade than other minorities.

Whether or not a group is "worthy" of a parade, that can be debated because different people have different values and less of worth that they place on things.

In my opinion, any group of people who suffered and overcame their struggles against unfairness and discrimination are worthy of a parade.

But these are just our opinions. There can be a heterosexual parade just for the heck of it, but I don't see the purpose unless it is a group that overcame something or trying to overcome something. Again, this is my opinion.
edit on 3-7-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That is why I was being so sarcastic about the whole idea. In a strange way a middle aged straight white male suffers more discrimination than most people who are traditionally considered minorities.

There are women's rights groups, gay rights, african american rights, native americans rights, etc. Where are the exceptions for the heterosexual white male? Why don't we have any special rights? All we want is a damn parade!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
the thing is, i'm sure many would trade their fight for rights, to automatically have those rights and not need to fight for them

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Baloney. The rights were never just handed over willingly. The white man has fought, they just usually win the fight. Do you realize how many native americans we had to slaughter and how many africans we needed to enslave to build this country? (i have a bad feeling about this statement.)

I guess that's why we've relented recently. It's the "pick your battles" mentality.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

Oh girl, that actually made me giggle out loud

touché

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

Originally posted by arpgme
"Hey guys, we're all straight!"

"That is so awesome!"

Replace the word straight with the word gay and you've pretty much pegged the accomplishments of gay pride parades.

So, I guess I'm not really getting your point here.
Seriously? You are claiming pride parades have accomplished nothing?

Yes, that is essentially what I am saying. Did they create awareness? No, People were already aware of the existence of homosexuals. Did they create acceptance? No, a parade is hardly going to change anyone's mind about anything.

Please tell me what it is exactly that you think Gay pride parades have actually accomplished; aside from allowing a bunch of homosexuals and their friends to march down some streets, that is.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Thanx, I think there are 4 or 5 of us now. Won't be much of a parade but that means there will be more beer to go around!

God bless titties and beer! Amen!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It seems like you can't be either straight or gay around here without someone taking offense.

*raises coffee cup high in the air and waves it like he just doesn't care*

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Is it only hetrosexuals? I hope not I goto gay pride parades and Iam straight, I have a great time

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Nope everyone is invited - I just want to have a party and a parade but we need a reason or else people will think we're just a bunch of hooligans.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Yes, that is essentially what I am saying. Did they create awareness? No, People were already aware of the existence of homosexuals. Did they create acceptance? No, a parade is hardly going to change anyone's mind about anything. Please tell me what it is exactly that you think Gay pride parades have actually accomplished; aside from allowing a bunch of homosexuals and their friends to march down some streets, that is.
A sense of community, of belonging, of safety. Its created a place where they feel they can be themselves, even if only for a day.

It also HAS, ABSOLUTELY brought awareness to the abuses that homosexuals face.

"people were already aware of the existence of homosexuals". If you think this is what it is about, I highly suggest coming out of the basement.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't know about a hetero-pride parade.

Does it involve more ass-less pants? Really? I'm just not in the mood this morning. The last gay pride parade I saw locally, a dude was naked except for boots and an inflatable sheep he had strapped to his front.

My heterosex is not something I have to work at very hard. [Dude! I just said "hard!"]
It comes automatically for me and the Missus [Dude! I did another one].
I don't need anyone other than her to accept me for who I am, or affirm my manhood. [heheheh. firm, yeah]

I'll tell you what sure enough IS rare, these days. Propriety. Manners. Decorum.

Could we have a DECORUM parade, please?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Nope everyone is invited - I just want to have a party and a parade but we need a reason or else people will think we're just a bunch of hooligans.
I was just sat there thinking.. We should have a People Parade, where everyone and everything is celebrated, humanity, love and respect, all walks of life, all genders, religions etc etc etc...

But you know what? Somebody somewhere will still be offended by that.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

I was just sat there thinking.. We should have a People Parade, where everyone and everything is celebrated, humanity, love and respect, all walks of life, all genders, religions etc etc etc...

But you know what? Somebody somewhere will still be offended by that.

Of course somebody would be offended, it's human nature to bitch and complain!

I think you have a good idea though I'd march in your parade.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i would march in that parade likewise, probably in Drag though

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
i would march in that parade likewise, probably in Drag though

if you didn't join then i would b sad.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

How sweet!

if only the world were able to exist together in peace and love, tolerance and acceptance

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

What the hell we always need fags, right?.?

(a joke, smile.)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Why yes,

who else would be the abominations? who else would be the cause of the destruction of morality and family values? and who else would disgust the world with it's nonsense orgy filled parades!

oh girl, i hope people get the joke

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Why yes,

who else would be the abominations? who else would be the cause of the destruction of morality and family values? and who else would disgust the world with it's nonsense orgy filled parades!

oh girl, i hope people get the joke

I hope "they" get the joke too. I was playing around. People need to lighten up - stop taking this stuff sooooo seriously!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join