It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake-Anonymous posts video about Above Top Secret - Uses April Fools Joke as Evidence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BelieveInEnoch

I was here when they did it. It used to be funny. Now every time it pops up, people that were here at the time cringe.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yea of course. Just failing to see where in my post I was playing mod.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Not sure why the reply was so harsh, but no matter who runs the site I'm okay with it because I can utilize it for my own enjoyment. There's no other forum I've visited that offers the great mix of people and topics.

If it's run by the DOD it's inherently a government funded venture. At the basic level any government deal would be funded by taxes. So, that's the reason behind my comment.

Either way, even if it's a DOD thing rather than a "tax funded" thing, I'm still okay with it because ATS is still a place with a great radio show.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You can use this......

an oldie but goodie.......

ask.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It really does not change anything for me, I believe a branch of govt released the internet to the public because they knew that computers in their very nature do nothing but store info. The web itself is the spying machine. On the other hand a place like this would be a great collection of what is going on with the people that think they know what is going on, eh?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A link to somewhere else it was debunked?

Why?

Why not go straight to the source of the video's "Evidence"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As was said, multiple times, an April Fools' joke by one of our staff members NINE YEARS AGO.

The gift that keeps on giving.

But if it makes people happy to keep making videos and accusations about it who am I to stop them. We all need to vent somehow.

Your implication of "we'll see how long this thread lasts" or whatever is interesting. I can not imagine any reason why a member of our staff would give enough of a crap to trash yet another poor attempt by some nameless ex member to go after us on youtube or elsewhere.

After nearly a decade of this same accusation being vomited up at us it's REALLY hard to care.

If you think we're a nefarious CIA front (or whatever) don't post here.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BelieveInEnoch
reply to post by Zaphod58

It really does not change anything for me, I believe a branch of govt released the internet to the public because they knew that computers in their very nature do nothing but store info. The web itself is the spying machine. On the other hand a place like this would be a great collection of what is going on with the people that think they know what is going on, eh?

Serious question OP.
If you think this site is government run, DOD, pysop, then why do participate here? Wouldn't it against your better judgement for them to collect info on you and topics you show interest in? Always confused me. Even if you believe isn't government run, but they keep track of it to store info.

OMG ATS is government OP, but your going to stay anyway....?
edit on 1-7-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

link   

On the other hand a place like this would be a great collection of what is going on with the people that think they know what is going on, eh?

I don't think anyone here has ever come forward with any groundbreaking news that they didn't find on a different site. At least not that I've seen. I suppose the nefarious staffers are probably deleting it all.

I'm sure that the site gets looked at from time to time, but more than likely for a laugh.

link   

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Gotta love it, hey?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

That's a weird april fools joke seeing how the op posted "20-3-2004". Now the video was out for 9 years?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

No but it would give you guys a great understanding of the mind sets of the people, wouldn't it?
If this is run by the govt, and you want to push the people a certain way, this site would help you to know if what you are doing is working

edit on 1-7-2013 by BelieveInEnoch because: added

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

i believe SO did a thread in a similar vein as well

that said, and getting back on topic:
is the FOLLOW ATS on Fakebook/Twitter for real?[WTF?]

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BelieveInEnoch
reply to post by Djarums

That's a weird april fools joke seeing how the op posted "20-3-2004". Now the video was out for 9 years?

That is not what I said.

The "evidence" used in the video is 9 years old. I don't know when the video was made.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

edit on 1-7-2013 by neo96 because: never mind anon hacked this post

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus

is the FOLLOW ATS on Fakebook/Twitter for real?[WTF?]

Yep, I pushed it out of curiosity and had Twitter open at the time - bang, straight into Twitter and the ATS account - no warning, nothing. They probably got my Twitter user name out of it. So be CAREFUL.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
If people hate ATS so much why are they on it?

Other than the obvious reason to trash talk it.

Sorry, Neo, did we wake you? (just kidding, i think you're all right underneath it all).

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

That thread is proof of multiple accounts by mods then. If "kinglizard" claims it as his april fools joke, then that would most likely also make him the OP "virtually_armed". Or did a super and the owner step in and take over?

Maybe I should read all the posts, eh?

edit on 1-7-2013 by BelieveInEnoch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm not one for throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but all that video posted was accusations. Could one, some, or all be true? I have no clue and no real way to confirm or deny anything he has said or implied. However, now is as good a time as any to interject my 2 on this topic, a topic I have seen come up over the past handful of years again and again...

I simply ask myself, is it even possible the DOD could have their hooks in ATS, in part or whole? And the answer is obviously yes, it is possible. Does this mean they do? Hardly, but despite site moderators or even the owner saying 'No', it is still a possibility. I mean, would anyone here with that knowledge say it was so if true?

Next, I ask myself is ATS the kind of site the DOD would be interested in tracking and/or using as a shill to exploit? And again the answer is obviously yes. ATS is one of, if not the largest pool of coherent and active sites on the net that expose its members (via member contribution) to things the DOD would want to know about, as well as offering the DOD a superior forum to push agenda's and spoof accounts for misdirection and/or infiltration.

And finally, I ask myself is doing such things within the DOD's best interest? And again, the answer is yes. I find it completely feasible that the DOD would employ such measures. And although I do not have the resources at my fingertips, I think it is all but common knowledge that the DOD (or other government covert agencies) do indeed take part in such things.

In conclusion I find it possible that the DOD could be using ATS (in part or whole), I find ATS the perfect type of forum for the DOD to take such actions with, and think it more than plausible that the DOD would indeed employ such tactics. Now, does this mean there is any truth to ATS being compromised by the government? Certainly not, but to dismiss the notion out of hand is probably making a mistake. In fact, I have always treated ATS as a 'surveillance' site and would have to assume others do as well.

In the end I would not be shocked nor surprised to find out it was owned, paid for, or compromised by the DOD or similar agency. In fact, I would be more shocked to find out there were no interest and/or involvement at all! Also, I could care less about a 'response' from the ownership or members being called out about such things because honestly, what could they say other than "no, it's not true"...?

Anyway, I still enjoy ATS either way and have enough sense to do my own research on any given topic, plus I'm not a 'person of interest', not in theory or practice. But I have to question the motives of any member that comes out spewing venom at the very notion without considering the very real possibility.
edit on 1-7-2013 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2013 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join