It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin says Snowden should stop harming "our American partners"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ok, put on your tin foil hats, what if Snowden is working with the Obama administration?

Think about it a guy with little education happens to gain access to top secret information, rising in the ranks quickly maybe he is a plant like Obama.

Are you kidding??

IMO Obama is far too narcissistic to allow us to think something bad happened on his watch. His political machine spins EVERYTHING in a positive light.

However, if you believe my theory in my previous post (that this Snowden scandal is an intentional distraction so TPTB can go to war with Syria and Iran) then I guess it is plausible.

edit on 1-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Why do they need to distract you? They don't need your permission!

It is highly unlikely there would be mass protests, that fire was extinguished by ignoring people in the run-up to Iraq.

This is why your theory falls down.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
If you search the Net you'll find many places that allege Obama is a Russian plant. Couple this with the Snowden thing and it might start to make sense.

If you search the net enough you'll find every theory going on every subject - it means absolutely nothing.

The fact it is there does nothing to give it any credibility whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Bilk22

Like I said, I don't buy it.
Everything I have seen from Obama is a young, inexperienced, idiot of a politician who took office with genuine hopes of doing a good job, but was immediately compromised by the shadow government.

Now, with the most recent allegations, one can easily conclude that the NSA is the arm of said shadow government.
It all makes perfect sense.

No KGB/CIA/Al Qaeda triple agents necessary.

I entirely agree with you other than this "compromised by the shadow government".

Don't get me wrong, i accept a certain about of real-politik but the truth is, a man of virtue, honour and courage would expose the lot.

I simply think Obama is a talentless, clueless hick who promised a lot but can't follow through. He is leading the US into terminal economic and military decline.

- I say this as an observer from a "friendly" nation. Too damned friendly if you ask me!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

Did you see his address to the nation the day after he was elected?
He looked FRIGHTENED.
It was visible.
I am sure he was threatened.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Did you see his address to the nation the day after he was elected?
He looked FRIGHTENED.
It was visible.
I am sure he was threatened.

First black President in history, I'm sure he was!

Not convinced you can get to that level without being able to handle these kinds of things, no matter how powerful the people the threat comes from.

If not, he's not a person capable of leading the largest economy in the world.

That said, I like America - the place and the people. Alas, like the UK the country is ran for the benefit of the government and industry rather than the citizens. Sad really.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You think his tongue was in his cheek?

One must not forget about this little bit of info on Mr. Putin...

For sixteen years Putin was an officer in the KGB, rising to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, before he retired to enter politics in his native Saint Petersburg in 1991.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think he knows exactly what he is saying. You know the old saying..

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer..

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

If Russia didn't want this Putin wouldn't have just said that he won't hand Snowden over under any circumstances.

What is going on here, IMO, is that Russia knows just how explosive this info is, they see our allies already expressing outrage over it, and they want to PROTECT Snowden to see how this all plays out.

There is a huge power grab to be made in this fall out.
The US may find itself isolated over this.

Now that is getting closer to the nub of things, all those countries concerned will be anxious to be able to 'look at the books' There are reports of Germany, and other EU countries willing to grant asylum.

However, Putin is probably still correct in saying, "our allies" in reference to the US. Russian troops were reported as being on standby to aid America in all out war against the Taliban in Afghanistan BEFORE 9/11.
edit on 1-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

First black President in history, I'm sure he was!

I thought that was Bill Clinton...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Putin: Edward Snowden can stay in Russia if he stops leaks
www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The only reason I can see Russia wanting Snowden to stop leaking info is if the fallout over all this has the potential to be SO damaging that it causes an all out collapse of the global economy.

Other than economic stability, Russia doesn't give two craps about the US.

ETA: and if that is the case, the Russians, or somebody else will just kill him and put an end to it.

edit on 1-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If Russia didn't want this Putin wouldn't have just said that he won't hand Snowden over under any circumstances.

What is going on here, IMO, is that Russia knows just how explosive this info is, they see our allies already expressing outrage over it, and they want to PROTECT Snowden to see how this all plays out.

There is a huge power grab to be made in this fall out.
The US may find itself isolated over this.

I see this as political posturing. There may indeed be little in the info that Snowden could provide that would really surprise any modern nation state. Russia is simply gaining points by appearing sympathetic and/or maintaining a balancing act. If it had been 30 years ago Snowden would already been in lock down in the bottom of the Kremlin interrogation facility. Snowden would be a wind fall harvest. Snowden looks more like the "so what" candidate right now.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Its Putin making fun of Obama.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

They don't need to interrogate him like that.

He is a damn fugitive seeking refuge. All they gotta do is play good cop and offer protection. He will sing like a bird.

What I would do, instead of using a small hammer to break bones, is put him up all expense paid, in some luxury suite somewhere and send a stream of high class hookers his way.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Its Putin making fun of Obama.

I hadn't thought of it like that! You are probably right. He seems to enjoy doing that.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wonder what Obama had to pay Putin in order to get him to say that.
Let a few missile shipments get through to Syria? Something .....
Putin wouldn't have said that without getting something in return.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

The only reason I can see Russia wanting Snowden to stop leaking info is if the fallout over all this has the potential to be SO damaging that it causes an all out collapse of the global economy.

Other than economic stability, Russia doesn't give two craps about the US.

ETA: and if that is the case, the Russians, or somebody else will just kill him and put an end to it.

edit on 1-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Yes, but also it's a kind of double edged sword. The only current way to the ISS is for instance, Russian rockets. That's big roubles, and can't be ignored. The big wars are outmoded, nobody can sustain them anymore, and fewer and fewer citizens of the west want to tolerate these wars, anyway. So it is now a quiet war of control against the west's own citizens, while the waffling goes on about Arab spring/s blah blah. Snowden's coming from a place that threatens the quiet western subjugation, in fact it has blown it wide open in the mainstream.
In the meantime, the Arab spring might provide a few bob for the MIC, while politicians pretend to moralise on things, that is until the Arabs realise that they might become part of the quiet war as in the west.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden has broken his silence for the first time since he fled to Moscow eight days ago to say he remains free to make new disclosures about U.S. spying activity.

www.reuters.com...

Its so funny reading ATS this evening. The ATS background has big writing telling us to FOLLOW abovetopsecret on FACEBOOK.

according to the slides released by the washington post FACEBOOK signed up to prism mid 2009.

ATS is encouraging us onto facebook.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden has broken his silence for the first time since he fled to Moscow eight days ago to say he remains free to make new disclosures about U.S. spying activity.

www.reuters.com...

Its so funny reading ATS this evening. The ATS background has big writing telling us to FOLLOW abovetopsecret on FACEBOOK.

according to the slides released by the washington post FACEBOOK signed up to prism mid 2009.

ATS is encouraging us onto facebook.

I didn't notice that, but I wouldn't do that, or rather I would not post on an ATS facebook account No way Jose!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

www.trust.org...

MOSCOW, July 1 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Monday that Russia would not hand former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden over to the United States but that if Snowden wants to stay in Russia he "must stop his work aimed at harming our American partners".

Oh wait , wait for it, I will be right back,

"Must stop his work aimed at harming our American partners"... Reading that has honestly made my day!
I'm sure Putin is so happy to be able to poke the sides of the US government once more!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Made my day

Did you think you would ever see the day?

The day when Putin was completely full of crap??

Absolutely!

He's not as good of a liar as Obama.

You think his tongue was in his cheek? or did he think Obama would fall for it and hand over some more missile secrets?
or both?

his tongue certainly seems to be active somewhere, but not half as close to his own
cheek as it is to obummer's!

i don't trust any of these people, nor anything related to this snowden 'business'.
doesn't it feel like we are being played for fools with all this (yet again)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join