It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's military gives politicians a 48-hour ultimatum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
worldnews.nbcnews.com...

Protesters attacked and stormed the headquarters of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo, calling for Egypt's president Mohammed Morsi to step down. NBC's Ayman Mohyeldin reports.

Here we go again! The people of Egypt are not happy with their Muslim Brotherhood President & demand a do-over! Egypt's military is once again stepping up to the plate for the people, so far. This is all breaking as I write this so keep an eye on Egypt!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
worldnews.nbcnews.com...

Protesters attacked and stormed the headquarters of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo, calling for Egypt's president Mohammed Morsi to step down. NBC's Ayman Mohyeldin reports.

Here we go again! The people of Egypt are not happy with their Muslim Brotherhood President & demand a do-over! Egypt's military is once again stepping up to the plate for the people, so far. This is all breaking as I write this so keep an eye on Egypt!

it's not just breakiing. it's been going on for 2 days. it's just hardly no one is talking about it. very strange, if you ask me. it's an important issue in that morsi is egypt's first ever, democratically elected president. unfortunately for everyone involved, only 10% voted and he only won 52% of that vote. so it's really a divided country. that means essentially, that he won with the approval of only 5% of the nation (politicians really need to stress how important voting is or it just leads to general unhappiness)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

Protesters to Egypt's Morsy: You have one day to step down
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

it's not just breakiing. it's been going on for 2 days. it's just hardly no one is talking about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

exactly the point I was trying to make on this thread, that went over someones head.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Protests have been on going for a long time now but as far as breaking new is the fact Egypt's military has stepped in. Morsi was elected but I think the people don't want anything to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.

reply to post by Stormdancer777

Whose head?
edit on 1-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Meanwhile, in the Zimmerman case.....

If the military doesn't like Morsi, I would have to say his days are just about numbered.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Protests have been on going for a long time now but as far as breaking new is the fact Egypt's military has stepped in. Morsi was elected but I think the people don't want anything to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.

oh, yeah, you're right. they were maintaining a low profile the past 2 days. that is a significant change. i'm concerned for everyone there. one of the problems, as i see it, is that the voting process is new to egyptians, and as a result, not very many people were involved in the process. this lead to a false positive, if you understand my meaning, which is resulting in all this turmoil now. it's a danger to both pro-morsi and anti-morsi factions because it gave the impression that the population at large was fine with the idea.

so i say again, when they have their next election they should all be screaming from the roof tops to learn your candidates and then vote your conscience. that's what democratic elections are for.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Could you imagine our military giving Obama 48 hours to step down and ship out? I wish the US had a military structure that would stand up for the people.

While we are at it maybe we can get some candidates for President that are qualified and honest?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

reply to post by Stormdancer777

Whose head?

I think you are right, tPtb are trying to bring down kings and kingdoms our own included.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Go people of Egypt! Old world thinking/ruling just doesn't cut it when the people have

1. Access to information
2. Ability to quickly share information
3. Nothing to do, nowhere to be (due to a bad economy)

to Egypt's ruling class it must seem like WWZ out there...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Meanwhile, in the Zimmerman case.....

If the military doesn't like Morsi, I would have to say his days are just about numbered.

Peace

LOL Jam I was think the same thing......Zimmerman,

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
Go people of Egypt! Old world thinking/ruling just doesn't cut it when the people have

1. Access to information
2. Ability to quickly share information
3. Nothing to do, nowhere to be (due to a bad economy)

to Egypt's ruling class it must seem like WWZ out there...

this is the problem:

egypt has the following religions or world beliefs:

1. islam - moderate
--a. sunni
--b. shia
2. islam - radical
--a. wahabbi
3. coptic muslims
4. christians
--a. catholic
--b. coptic
5. pagans
6. agnostics
7. atheists
8. jews (not sure how many are left there)
--a. atheist
--b. religious

and currently, all of that is being presided over by #2. it was a recipe for disaster from the outset.

edit on 1-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

If the Muslim Brothrehood is involved you know shennigans are afoot! If the people get a do-over this time round they all better make sure they vote!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Egypt army arrests 15 bodyguards of key Brotherhood leader

Read more: www.dailystar.com.lb...
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: www.dailystar.com.lb...)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I wish that our military here in the states would do the same, but more than likely, they'll turn their guns on us when SHTF.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
I wish that our military here in the states would do the same, but more than likely, they'll turn their guns on us when SHTF.

result: gov contacts un, says, send help. we get invaded by our "allies"

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Let's see how the Muslim Brotherhood will react.We will have the usual denouements of the protesters being "infidels" and "sinners" that all theocracies try to use when they are about to be overthrown?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Shows who really holds the power in Egypt, same with the last pres, he was a puppet for the military. Same as Morsi (sp?) he obviously is not calling the shots. Don't know how it works in Egypt but in UK you would have a no confidence vote and an early general election. The military should be separate from politics.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I expect Egypt to devolve in to another Syria

it is almost there.

Civil War.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join