It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting.. Mars propably had oxygen rich atmosphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I stumbled across this article and didnt see it mentioned here before

Link to article

Now this is some news... Everything seems to point that Mars may have been habitable at some point,
Sure puts the theory that humans came from Mars to earth in to new light aye? i think this points out that there propably has been life on Mars long long time ago, if not humans some other anyway...
What do you think?
edit on 7/1/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Yes and the Martian sky is also blue, not red, thanks N.A.S.A!
edit on 1-7-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Around sunset and sunrise the Martian sky is pinkish-red in color, but in the vicinity of the setting sun or rising sun it is blue. This is the exact opposite of the situation on Earth. However, during the day the sky is a yellow-brown "butterscotch" color. On Mars, Rayleigh scattering is usually a very small effect. It is believed that the color of the sky is caused by the presence of 1% by volume of magnetite in the dust particles. Twilight lasts a long time after the Sun has set and before it rises, because of all the dust in Mars's atmosphere. At times, the Martian sky takes on a violet color, due to scattering of light by very small water ice particles in clouds.

Generating accurate true-color images of Mars's surface is surprisingly complicated. There is much variation in the color of the sky as reproduced in published images; many of those images however are using filters to maximize the science value and are not trying to show true color. Nevertheless, for many years, the sky on Mars was thought to be more pinkish than it now is believed to be.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Echoes

Cheers mate, that was very informative, my point was that NASA uses colour filters/codecs that give the impression that the sky's red!

One has to wonder why that is and what "They" are trying to hide???

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This is getting quite interesting, first they found evidence of water, now oxygen rich atmosphere one just have to wonder what comes next, I have always thought that there is more than meets the eye in Mars...
Maybe im playing devils advocate here but is the next find ruins? just feel like we are being prepped for something

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

edit on 1-7-2013 by Echoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echoes
reply to post by andy06shake

Check out this interesting book : Mars In Photos

Thanx Echoes, had a little look, will have a more in depth look later. Seems to contain quite a lot of info covered here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Echoes

The title of the book should be "Surrealist Mars"... I can believe that the author sees what he says he sees but I do not think he should expect us to see what the says he sees...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Ha-ha, This fits in with a theory I hold.

So Mars had an Oxygen rich atmosphere along with volcanic activity, and now is a dead rock with a lesser atmosphere of CO2 !!!

Surely this adds more credence that planets such as ours are powered by an engine, of most likely Plasma that feeds off of the Oxygen/air in the atmosphere...and not the pressures placed upon a Nickel/Iron core.

edit on 1-7-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

edit on 1-7-2013 by Echoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Echoes

Cheers mate, that was very informative, my point was that NASA uses colour filters/codecs that give the impression that the sky's red!

One has to wonder why that is and what "They" are trying to hide???

Here's the real colour of martian sky: www.pictureshack.us...

And it comes from NASA too. Curiosity's MAHLI camera is the best camera up there, colour-wise.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Echoes

Good one, though you may want to put external source tags round the quote so people don't think it's your own writing (unless you wrote the Wikipedia page, of course).

new topics

top topics

join