It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: House Republicans Will Pass Immigration Reform ‘If They Ever Want to Win a President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

We all know Republicans could never get away with handing themselves a voting block they would be screaming bloody murder about it, and they let the D's slide on this.

Epic double standard.
edit on 30-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by littled16

We all know Republicans could never get away with handing themselves a voting block they would be screaming bloody murder about it, and they let the D's slide on this.

Epic double standard.

The GOP pretty much owns the Religious Right as a voting block. But the Republicans treat the Christians the same way the dembs treat the Hispanics; in that they pander to the Christians but still run moderate, pro choice candidates. Rock vs. Hard Place

imo, most Americans fall into the middle of the road and zealots won't win elections because they scare people.
edit on 30-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This pretty much proves the long held belief that the democratic party only uses the Hispanic demographic as well as the immigration issue for votes.

I am neither republican or democrat but I love seeing a fair turnaround: I'll laugh my behind off if the democrats get the amnesty bill passed then the republicans get an Hispanic candidate like Cruz or Bush for the presidential race and the Hispanic voter demographic propels them into the white house.

Then I'll cry because we will still won't have a libertarian in the white house. lol

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Can Cruz run? Wasn't he born in Canada? I'll vote for Rand if he runs.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Oh good point! OK, well not him then. lol

Or that may be funny to see the birther debate turned around as well!

I'm so over politics and just want to laugh at the disaster now. It will eat me alive if I keep taking it seriously.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Cruz was indeed born in Calgary, Alberta in Canada and is therefore ineligible to run for President. I looked up his bio. Information on Senator Ted Cruz of Texas

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Dear God, don't ever listen to Mark Levin. You'll get yourself so angry you can't see straight. At both the Progressives and the Rhino Republicans who usually vote lock step with them.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Cruz was indeed born in Calgary, Alberta in Canada and is therefore ineligible to run for President. I looked up his bio. Information on Senator Ted Cruz of Texas

I thought so. The only chance he would have had was if he were born on a military base or Embassy compound.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
This pretty much proves the long held belief that the democratic party only uses the Hispanic demographic as well as the immigration issue for votes.

I am neither republican or democrat but I love seeing a fair turnaround: I'll laugh my behind off if the democrats get the amnesty bill passed then the republicans get an Hispanic candidate like Cruz or Bush for the presidential race and the Hispanic voter demographic propels them into the white house.

Then I'll cry because we will still won't have a libertarian in the white house. lol

""an Hispanic candidate like Cruz or Bush""

For clarity, are you referring to George P. Bush ?

He is half Hispanic, and is the son of Jeb Bush.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Half Hispanic would make him completely Hispanic.

The call Obama the first black president, and people who disagree with him as "racists", so same applys with all people of mixed heritage.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by xuenchen

Half Hispanic would make him completely Hispanic.

The call Obama the first black president, and people who disagree with him as "racists", so same applys with all people of mixed heritage.

Yep.

That makes Obama the first half-white president !!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Lets Polarize this Nation just a bit more, hey?
My Question. Why are Democrats voting her in?

Because they think this entire country should be run like California.
Aah..The Mecca of Liberalism. California that is. The better solution would be to seal off the borders first and then pass the immigration bill which would make sense both ways as it would cost a lot to deport them all. Better make them legal and collect taxes at the same time close the leakage across the borders (Canadian and Mexican side). How much does it take to build a border? If we can build a vast infrastructure of highways and bridges, whats a single border with electronic surveillance and/or built-in alarm system to it? The liberal lot wouldn't understand or doesnt want to frankly. Eitherway, its nothing more than a political tool at this point.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

not such a clean cut answer.....

Cruz eligibility

Some news organizations have taken a whack at answering this question as well. The Texas Tribune, for instance, said confidently in August 2012 that Cruz could be considered a natural-born citizen because his mother was a U.S. citizen. “Bottom line: Despite being born in Canada, Ted Cruz can be considered a natural-born U.S. citizen,” the Tribune wrote.
Harvard legal scholar Alan Dershowitz agreed. “Of course he’s eligible,” he told National Review. “He’s a natural-born, not a naturalized, citizen,” said Eugene Volokh, who’s a friend of Cruz.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

After the whole Obama "birther" debaucle I'm pretty confident that the flack given to the Democrats over Obama's eligibility will be returned a thousand fold if the Republicans nominate Cruz as a Presidential candidate, and honestly if there's even the slightest question of his being a naturalized citizen I don't think the American public will tolerate such questions again. Look at how it worked out for us with the current Prez- nobody knows exactly where his loyalties lie, but most are pretty sure it's not with the country he presides over.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If I wanted to destroy usa I would be doing the same thing. a)flood the nation with illegals to steal jobs from the american blue collar force and b)keep shipping jobs to asia and c)keep draining the welfare system with illegals who don't contribute a dime d)keep inflating the national defecit because more take than put in.

Why the hell are people even talking about democrats and republicans anymore is crazy and a bit scary. Its not like republicans can do anything better and it irritates me that other parties get no mention.

edit on 1/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
She just basically said that Hispanic votes are more important than an American citizen's.

Hispanics...like blacks, jews, asians et al. ARE American Citizens...That is why thier vote matters.

Thanks for summing up what the right-wing's disconnect is.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You miss the point...

It is not about pandering to an ethnicity...it is about not celebrating intolerance of a given ethnicity.

The GOPs issue isn't that it needs to pander to Hispanics, hell...Pres. Obama has deported more illegal aliens than Bush or Clinton.

The problem is that the GOP celebrates intolerance of hispanics, amongst other ethnicities....and current demographics don't allow a political party to hate on minorities and still win the Whitehouse. Not just white men that vote anymore.

Thats just the bottom line....

The GOP only won the Popular Vote (Majority of Americans) ONCE in the past 24 years.

They have issues..

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah someone clearly missed the point as it was spelled out here:

Nancy Pelosi: House Republicans Will Pass Immigration Reform ‘If They Ever Want to Win a President

Pass immigration to GET VOTES.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Lets Polarize this Nation just a bit more, hey?

My Question.

Why are Democrats voting her in?

Because they think this entire country should be run like California.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah someone clearly missed the point as it was spelled out here:

Pass immigration to GET VOTES.

Uh-huh? And? I am confused why you think that should be otherwise? American Citizens voting for people that care about the same issues they do? Almost every Hispanic-American has friends or family that are suffering from the effed immigration system we have...and they have the GOP blockading any attempt to fix it, whilst happily passing laws in places like AZ that make simply looking hispanic probable cause to be harrased by the police.

You think Nancy Pelosi is the first to state the obvious???

In the 2012 presidential election, Republicans received only 27% of Hispanic votes—down from 40% only 12 years earlier. Fifty thousand Hispanics turn 18 and become eligible to vote every month. Republicans did even worse among Asians—now the largest group of immigrants every year—receiving only 26% of their votes.

Immigration is not the only issue on which Hispanics or Asians vote. But it is a gateway issue. Republicans have much in common with immigrants—beliefs in hard work, enterprise, family, education, patriotism and faith. But for their voice to penetrate the gateway, Republicans need to cease being the obstacle to immigration reform and instead point the way toward the solution.

online.wsj.com...

Get that?....Jeb Bush "House Republicans Will Pass Immigration Reform ‘If They Ever Want to Win a President"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join