It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Cells Within The US Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is a theory I've been considering for a while, and the current NSA/Snowden/PRISM thing has raised it in my mind again, and I feel that ATS might find it interesting.

Essentially, the core of my theory is that the current state of affairs, particularly within the intelligence and law enforcement departments of the US government, may not be coming from the top as many users here seem to believe. I think what we're seeing is the visible side of a "secret war" taking place between certain groups inside the government. Or to be more specific, a rather traumatic turnover from the current management (mostly lifers brought up in Cold War paranoia) and the new generation. In very simplified terms, think the Dick Cheney mentality vs. that of Edward Snowden.

I know, it sounds outrageous at first. But here's the thing: it would explain the very apparent information bottlenecking in the departments I'm talking about, such as the "miscommunications" that have shown up in force since 2001 (Tsarnev brothers, Iraq war, 9/11, etc...). We know the intelligence agencies had important information that, for one reason or another, didn't make it to the key decision-makers. What nobody has really worked out yet is why. But this information has to go through a lot of people before it reaches the President's desk. So imagine, if you will, that one of the people charged with sorting all this data and sending it up the line belongs to a rogue group who are actively working to undermine the "other side." This one person omits critical information, completely changing the context of the briefing.

To me, this sounds more plausible than the popular theory that the government are evil, despite the fact that most of them seem absolutely clueless. What would a group like this want? Historically, the US tends to prosper when it has a solid enemy to point at, a rival power bloc somewhere in the world. And with the collapse of the Soviet Union in '91, the one exploited for 60+ years disappeared. So they're desperately trying to set up a new one, with the focus falling on Islamic extremism. This also ties in with the obvious revolving door effect between the intelligence sector and the military-industrial complex Eisenhower warned of. Put simply, war is good for business, and without a boogeyman halfway around the world, the massive buildup of arms would seem ludicrous.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
bingo and don't for get the bankers and corporate entities
everyone is out to stick it to some one else or achieve what ever agenda they have set for themselves. potus only last for 8 years military and ceos can stay for decades.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
A fifth Column.

It would seem logical there would be in existence a group within the government with specific plans to act in a case of a specific trigger or reason.

A group within a group to make sure the group stays a group.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

This also ties in with the obvious revolving door effect between the intelligence sector and the military-industrial complex Eisenhower warned of. Put simply, war is good for business, and without a boogeyman halfway around the world, the massive buildup of arms would seem ludicrous.

Wars destroy infrastructure.

Then the World banking system steps in with massive loans.

Then the outside contractors step in and exploit the profits.

Taxpayers pay the bills (and get the jobs).

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Mostly true.
but I think that the rogue cells are the Good guys.
they are the only ones slowing them down the total take over.
you best pray they win!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I think you might be onto something.
I have said before that it looks increasingly like there was a coup in the US a while ago, and that the government is being controlled and manipulated by those using the power of the NSA to gather useful intelligence on politicians and judges etc.

But, last week it came to light that the extradition request to get Snowden from Hong Kong spelled his name wrong. How the hell does that happen? The US filed documents with the Hong Kong leadership to request his extradition and they couldn't even get his name right? Hong Kong then used this clerical error as a good enough reason to ignore their request, even though they obviously wouldn't have complied it gave them political cover to refuse it.

That made me consider that there might be people within the US Government who wanted this to continue, that they deliberately sabotaged their own efforts to silence him or get him under their control.

I don't know, I guess there are a lot of things that are possible here. But I'm with you in that there is a group within government actively in control or fighting for it. All roads lead to this conclusion as far as I'm concerned.

The US government is no longer the highest power in the US. If that doesn't scare people and make them realize the extent of this problem then I don't know what will.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I stopped reading here:

" We know the intelligence agencies had important information that, for one reason or another, didn't make it to the key decision-makers. What nobody has really worked out yet is why. But this information has to go through a lot of people before it reaches the President's desk.

Why.........because you are implying that 9/11 was an actual terror driven event carried out by 19 fanatical Muslims with box-cutters. So, not only are you implying that 9/11 really did take place as the official story states, but for a lack of information, and/or miscommunications between various intel groups, 9/11 would have been thwarted. This is standard propaganda put out there at the very beginning by D Cheney and D Rumsfeld. Everybody fell for it too - except for a few that is.

Let me tell you - 9/11 was not real. I was all fake.

edit on 1-7-2013 by Guadeloupe because: spell

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
To be honest, in my opinion I think many of the examples you have listed are just the result of a excessly inflated bureaucratic structure in the US government.

This would be the simplest and most rationale explanations for the failings of some branches of the federal government.

However, I will not argue with the premise that there could be groups within the government vying for power and influence over others.

top topics

join