It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to simply dislike homosexual behavior without being labeled a homophobe?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by SBMcG

it's not a slippery slope because what is stopping people now?

Straight Marriage = two consenting adult Humans

Gay Marriage = two consenting adult Humans

so why a slippery slope only if gays would be allowed to marry all over?

So, do we exclude religious polygamists from the "right" of "marriage"? How about someone who wants to "marry" their parrot? Where does it end?

That is the slippery slope, my friend. Which group are you willing to exclude from the "right" to "marry" whom or what they choose?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

is a parrot a consenting Human?

again how is marriage now stopping them for asking for those rights? you can't tell me that just because Gay marriage is allowed people will all of a sudden want to marry animals

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by SBMcG

is a parrot a consenting Human?

again how is marriage now stopping them for asking for those rights? you can't tell me that just because Gay marriage is allowed people will all of a sudden want to marry animals

Obviously I was being sarcastic about the parrot...

But whom among "consenting adults" should be excluded from the "right" to marry?

How about 2 brothers want to "marry" their 4 sisters and live in a tree house?

What if somewhere there's a guy who's dumb enough to want to "marry" 8 women?

How about a father who wants to "marry" his own daughter?

All consenting adults, of course.

Where does it end?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

That animal argument is actually not a bad one, sure the animal could not consent it it but on the other hand does it consent to be your property? Does a cow give consent to be slaughtered and eaten?
lol, i can see the table turned right now "Tell me, how does a man that marries his dog threaten your marriage?"

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

But how does Gay marriage alter any of that from straight marriage?

i can't comprehend why people care so much about what other people do, and as i have stated numerous times, people want smaller government, but they want the government to control things they don't agree with

if someone marries 8 woman and they are okay with it how does it affect your life?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

I suppose each country must decide for themselves, but in South Africa we've had legal gay marriage since 2006, and the same restrictions apply as to the original Marriage Act for heterosexuals (that is, you cannot marry an ancestor or descendent, a relative like a sibling or uncle, aunt or nephew, and you also cannot marry an ancestor or descendent of a former spouse).
en.wikipedia.org...

Polygamy has always been accepted in African tradition, and has been provided for legal by the Customary Marriages Act of 1998.

In fact, our current President, Jacob Zuma, has 4 current wives.
One unofficial guess is that he has 20 children.
Now that's what one could call a "real" heterosexual.

I've seen these programs of polygamists who have to run from the law in the US, and I'm not referring to fundamentalists with child brides, but fairly normal families who deeply choose to live this lifestyle.
There's no reason why polygamy cannot be an egalitarian adult choice, just as monogamy can include violent patriarchy.

Until now we have not had demands for all kinds of bestiality and weird things.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I knew it wouldn't be long before the comparisons to bestiality, incest, or polygamy came up. Total red herrings.

An animal cannot consent to anything. They are not intellectually capable of advanced thought or communication with humans. Incest causes retardation in offspring, there should be limits. I wouldn't care if polygamy were legal, though. As long as it is a loving relationship and they are all happy, then live and let live. But either way, allowing gays the same marriage rights as everyone else has absolutely nothing to do with polygamy or incest. Those are separate issues and if there is a movement some day to legalize incest, then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Thinking that homosexual marriage will lead to that is beyond absurd.

If you want to talk that slippery slope nonsense; the same people were using those arguments against inter racial marriage. Surely you were one them, because hell, that started the whole thing. Why ever give another group equal rights? It will only lead to others demanding for more rights later.
You REALLY have to do better than that.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join