It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of my music and a little video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hello guys,

My friend and I made this video yesterday. We've worked together for about 7 years now, producing hiphop, rock, folk, pop and more. The past two years we've been working on a new sound with a Triphop feel to it.

We made this video, because we want to start shooting actual musicvideos with our band, and we need some practice. So we filmed the process of making a beat. We experiment a lot, recording in different types of rooms, recording our own drums/hits/soundeffects, sampling old movies and much more.

The whole project was made in a hurry, and we didn't put much thought into the process. It took us about 8 hours to do the whole thing. We were hoping to make a lot of mistakes, which we did, so that we could learn from them - but now I would love to hear what others think. About the music or the video, either way it would be great with some feedback.

I Hope you like it.

I just realized that this forum is ment for drawings and graphics stuff. I hope that video-art extends far enough into the visual medium to be allowed - but if not please just remove my thread or move it.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sounds great man. This music forum is starting to fill up with some talented members.

Is that a saw towards the middle of the song? Or a theremin?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nice groove and some original ideas! But I think it would be better with a little less variety in the details. There were parts where I really started getting into it, but then the flow was disrupted. Just some fine-tuning and it would be awesome!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

That was pretty damn cool man

I'm a guitarist myself, but I really liked the flute in this song the most. I hope you guys keep working at it because I'm looking forward to hearing more of your music. Good job

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Nice groove and some original ideas! But I think it would be better with a little less variety in the details. There were parts where I really started getting into it, but then the flow was disrupted. Just some fine-tuning and it would be awesome!

I have to agree. Less variety. I found myself loving some parts and being annoyed by others, but do see potential here.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thank you all for the nice replies!

This is definitely not the last time I share my music in here..

I can see how the many changes in the beat might be a bit distracting. It was ment as a short medley or showcase of some kind. But perhaps it would have worked better if we had given some of the different fragtments a bit more time. Also our main focus was to produce the video, and we didn't want to make it too long.

reply to post by ThinkingCap

We were going for a theremin sound. But it's actually a modulate sine wave made by a VST plugin called Trilogy, which is usually used to produce synth bass. If played right on a midi piano you get the result you heard in the video. I am personally very pleased with it, we have been wanting to use theremin sounds for a while now, but this is our first succes full attempt to synthesize one.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nice, Mads.
I enjoyed the music/beat samples. I'm a professional videographer with lots of entertainment industry experience and it appears to me that you guys are going to make some cool vids. Look forward to more from y'all!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
More cow bell!

Seriously very nice music, excellent sampling and all that music jargon. I do truly like it, the video was cool in the sense of showing the creation and collaboration!

top topics

join