It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainfall...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

For as long as I can remember, I have always been fascinated by rainfall.

The calm, soothing experience of witnessing water fall upon the earth is very refreshing.

Particularly after a long, dry spell of weather, there is nothing like feeling the cold droplets cool down your body and the atmosphere around you.

Rainfall stimulates the senses and provides an opportunity to connect with positive energy courtesy of the Heavens.

As dry land and thirsty animals long for her aid, Mother Nature responds by providing rainfall. Rainfall's purpose is to cleanse the Earth and rejuvenate its inhabitants.

edit on 30/6/2013 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm a fellow rain lover. I always found it a bit strange that a fairly large percentage of people dislike rain and even find rain depressing. Songs and poems are filled with sad images of rain.

Like you, I see rain as invigorating and energizing.

One of my favorite ambient tracks:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Rain... soothing and alarming at the same time.

It's usually "get the bucket" time for me, as I hope the roof holds up when it really pours.

At least it sounds great on the tin roof!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I too love rain. I am always happy for the trees and other vegetation. It is a wonderful life giving blessing for all living things.

It can be scary when it falls to excess.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I absolutley love when it rains...we just had a gentle little rainfall right before I found this thread - a welcome respite from the heat of summer. I'm sure the plants are singing with joy right now.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Rain is ever so lovely indeed. The other day it was raining so hard. My son ran out to play in it, he wore his jacket and rain boots. He was out there for about 5 minutes and I hear the door swing open and he yells 'mom, theres a rainbow, come see quick' So I did.
I ran out there and the sun was set over in the west and the rainbow hung gently out east. It was a magical feeling with the rain pouring on my face, I lifted my hands up high and told my boy to do the same. He laughed and said it felt weird. I just loved it..I felt this joy of love all around. It was great.
I even wrote a poem about it. I will share it one day in the short stories forum...maybe

peace and love
~nat the blue eyed cat~

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Any of you happen to live somewhere where it rains for 3/4 of the year like me?
I live in a Rainforest.

Part of me LOVES the rain but sometimes I really miss the sun. I like balance.

I've seen it rain literally for more then a month straight. Tell me after that how much you would love the rain

new topics

top topics

join