It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guardian Revealed A Major NSA 'Scoop' Then Deleted It From Their Website

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well that is true, I saw more outrage at the Xbox One then the spying - at least here in Canada and the USA. I personally don't know about Europe.

But indifference is the reason why we are in the mess we are in. Once the police state is firmly in place, people will regret not doing something sooner.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, the timing is certainly interesting. Does make one wonder...

Not that I agree to being spied upon, as I dont. And I certainly
lean to the libertarian side of thought that asserts that there is a
huge overreach of invasion of privacy, and our rights are being violated.

The thing is, to avoid being spied upon in this day and age one would
need to be living in a cage, or underground bunker or such.

The sensitivities of satellites are such that there is nothing that is
private any longer. That is setting aside the technology of collection
of meta data, gps tracking in phones and rfid chips in credit cards,
web cams, dishwashers, phones, financial data, etc. Really,
when are we not being spied upon these days?

And it is almost amusing to watch the dignitaries acted shocked,
as they complain about "cold war" techniques.

So they dont mind the eye in the sky? What about the dozens of
drones overhead that no one is even talking about. Its mind blowing,
and they are complaining about phone taps.

I must say, I am more curious to learn where this is all leading.
edit on 30-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Yes, exactly. I had forgot about the game boxes. I mean, its seriously
the fact that there are ten eyes upon us at any given moment.

The capabilities of espionage drones is mind blowing, truly. And
there is no running conversation about them in the media. Sure,
there was splash when it was admitted that we are using them,
beyond ridiculous that the DOD would not admit it, it was common knowledge.

Spy drones are everywhere, even busting cattle ranchers here in the U.S.

Yet, suddenly our eyes have been once again, as was the case when
Wikileaks dripped upon the scene, turned to the international stage of
feigned outrage about the spy networking.

To the end of the police state, we all know where this is leading,
eventually the States will be forced to participate with a National ID
card complete with RFID tracking, and then what. 10 years, 20 years
down the line were going to be forced to get RFID tattoos that are invisible?

I dont know that there is any turning back, short of a scenario
where there is also a near total collapse of the beast that is collecting
all of this data?
edit on 30-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Well done for posting on it before it was 'deleted'.

From the link on your thread, another similar article is still available to read so not totally deleted just 'altered', perhaps they were on shaky ground, legally or some other similar purpose.

www.guardian.co.uk...-of-comments
edit on 30-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

They have changed the link I posted to lead to a different article, it was the Wayne Madsen article last night.

This one -

Yeah they didnt leave it up for long at all. There was more to it than just those few paragraphs. But yeah they are all along the same lines.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OP good catch!
Plain fact is they are scared; their website is being restricted to soldiers unaware. Wayne Madison projects a "Truther" that so many sources are afraid to align with because of restrictions and scrutiny. Maybe I am being too hopeful but with the revealing of spying, Conspiracy Theory-no longer conspiracy with some stories, is shown as fact in the mainstream light that more of it will be accepted for media discussion.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Before you lot go off on one your "deleted cover-up" rants please note the following:

1. The Guardian owns the Observer
2. The Observer is a sunday paper
3. The Observer has it's own website

Have any of you seen the cover page of todays Observer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
[more

The complete article has since been posted her (on 1st page) www.abovetopsecret.com...

but no-one seems to read properly.

The reason The Guardian took it down is because they looked into Madsen after posting and found him to be too much like an Alex Jones on some of his other theories. To have allowed it to stay up whilst knowing this would not have lent the paper any credilbilty. (wether Madsen was telling the truth or not is beside the point)..

Anyway time to move onto the latest leaks to come out www.guardian.co.uk...
So much to read, so little time

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
Before you lot go off on one your "deleted cover-up" rants please note the following:

1. The Guardian owns the Observer
2. The Observer is a sunday paper
3. The Observer has it's own website

Have any of you seen the cover page of todays Observer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the online Observer page, which article is the front cover of the paper copy?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

I have a question regarding that theory. I hardly think The Gaurdian was unaware
of who Madsen was, and his thought on other conspriacies.

As confirmation of this, just a few weeks ago Alex Jones was on
BBC, and they laughed him off as a kook.

To think that The Gaudian just found out who Madsen is would be
a bit naive, no?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Cats out of the bag. Time for a major false flag event.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

You know when I was in high school we first got computers to work and study. And back then was one question I keep on asking is "how does this work?" If it can be written ( poke ) then you can see it ( peek ). The only secure way to keep secrets is as my Dad would say " Say Nothing " Nowadays its all fair game.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Snowden was saying on his Twitter feed that The Guardian could not publish everything they received because they were afraid of members of their newspaper being assassinated.

True story.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Here is the front page of the Observer.

Snowden answering readers Q&A in the Guardian newspaper

edit on 30-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frandawg143

And you now have a face book account??? hopefully not!

I ditched mine ages ago, my kids won't listen to me and cancel theirs.

I would be interested to know if Australia is a part of this network, being a strong ally of US, UK. I think I just answered my own question.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hehe, I read that the Xbox one will only work if the kinect is on why so? Well it's make a lot of sense right?

Anyway coming from europe I think most of the data they gathered is useless...

ps: I just upload yesterday to G+ more than 145 photos of me and tagged it, LOL I think they got me now...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
the German Newspaper "Die Welt" had a similar article... it got deleted, but you can still read it via google cache.

For all the German speaker on here: Die Welt

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Brief synopsis of Bing Translation of google cache link posted above by other ATS users.

Seems Mr. Wayne Madsen was the source of the information. He claims that 7 countries share a transatlantic fiber optic cable which is used by them to collect data from the Internet and mobile communications, which is then funneled to the NSA. The countries he claimed who 'help' in this data collection are UK, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands (Nederland - aka Holland to some 'older Americans), France, Spain and Italy.

Whether Wayne is believable or not, and whether this is true, I don't know but wouldn't be surprised. All I can think now is that the participating countries (if this is true) will probably act shocked or deny it like they did earlier when it was leaked that USA had those rendition locations secreted in several foreign countries.

edit on 1/7/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
What I think we can also learn from this....

I remember back in 2006/7 ish when Facebook became the new big wonder.

Not long after joining, I started reading posts around the web that Facebook was a CIA operation or... a CIA founded operation, receiving funds from one of their non-profit organisations.

I tried following the leads, but couldn't find my way around. However you know how you can't help intuitively having this feeling that some accusations are true after reading the initial arguments?
Well, this was one of those cases.

Having said that, I lead myself be quelled by my peers and continued to use it after spending a couple of weeks calling to arms against this initiative.

What is my point?

Well, someone knew back then that Facebook was part of an intelligence phishing agency and a lot of so-called conspiracy theorists were following this notion.

SO... while we were being told not to worry... that we are paranoid and conspiracy nuts, well excuse me.... APPARENTLY WE WERE RIGHT!?
edit on 1/7/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Brief synopsis of Bing Translation of google cache link posted above by other ATS users.

Seems Mr. Wayne Madsen was the source of the information. He claims that 7 countries share a transatlantic fiber optic cable which is used by them to collect data from the Internet and mobile communications, which is then funneled to the NSA. The countries he claimed who 'help' in this data collection are UK, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands (Nederland - aka Holland to some 'older Americans), France, Spain and Italy.

Whether Wayne is believable or not, and whether this is true, I don't know but wouldn't be surprised. All I can think now is that the participating countries (if this is true) will probably act shocked or deny it like they did earlier when it was leaked that USA had those rendition locations secreted in several foreign countries.

edit on 1/7/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

The transatlantic cable is real... there was an article in the Danish news about how it runs. It's a fail safe cable that runs in a cicle so that if it breaches in one spot the information can run the other way around.

Wether or not information from the countries that it runs through is shared with the NSA is true I couldn't say for sure, but I know what I believe in and that is that we are not being told everything, even in this hour where the despicable behavior of intelligence agencies is brought out in the light.

Watch the politicians wash their hands en mass and then watch them accept nothing but a "We promise we won't do it anymore........." and then return to their daily business.

There's only one way to stop rogue intelligence agencies like the NSA, the CIA, MI6 and the Mossad, and that is by destroying them completely. They do NOT serve the interest of the common man woman or child. They only serve those who control their hands.

Fight people... fight!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join