It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to unveil broad African electrical power initiative

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
This is globalism.

Stuff will be constructed in Africa, but aside from bribes, money will be spent in America and Europe.

This money will migrate from the big investors and American taxpayers to the coffers of firms like Haliburton and Kellogg Brown Root. Corrupt African officials will sign away natural resources as collateral on development loans that they will not be able to pay back because the specifications for development projects will be artificially inflated to reflect "expected economic returns" that vastly exceed true probable expectations.

African countries will, as a result of this, default on loans and then cede control of resources and profits therefrom to the big lenders.

This is the established modus operandi of America's "economic hit men" as detailed by John Perkins in his well known exposé of these practices, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

en.wikipedia.org...

Economic hit men (EHMs) are highly-paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and other foreign "aid" organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources. Their tools included fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization.

This book came out a few years ago and is very well known. Many government officials and many citizens in African countries will be very familiar with it. I personally gave my copy to someone from Eritrea, who hadn't read it but knew how the scam worked already.

Any significant African in a position to prevent this kind of thing from happening or in a position to drive a hard bargain with "Santa" will be offered a golden handshake under the table. If, like Omar Torrijos formerly of Panama, he won't play ball with the globalists, he will be eliminated. Then someone like President Torrijos' successor, Manuel Noriega, will be put in his place and a fun time will be had by all, as subsequent events proved in Panama.

Gaddafi would have and was in the process of, giving sub-Saharan Africa a much better deal than it will ever get out the Amero/Euro trash it has to deal with now.

edit on 30-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

THIS.
I commend you for putting into much better words than I, what I was getting at. Truly the bigger picture.

For those of you whining about the starving kids in America, I hear you, but do you really think that if they call the whole thing off, that a single cent is going to feed a "starving kid" in america? What about all the crops that are burned every year, or just not planted in order to control prices? Lower/subsidize your light bill? Are you aware that the power company rates are legislatively capped in every state? The system is in place just they way "they" want it, all thats left is to tighten the grip.

i'm idealistic at heart but have to maintain a realistic perspective, those ideals just aren't going to be met. I also feel that many of you speaking on this, don't truly understand how the global banking system works or on what credit the United States is given Federal Reserve notes/debt BY the world bank.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That is the effen tragedy...these US Businesses will make money building infrastucture in Africa, but doing the same here in the USA where Americans would have jobs on the ground to boot?

Obama's use of Executive Orders shows that he can work around a Congress that is obstinate.

Why not pledge some US businesses money here?
That's all he has to do, pledge it.
While he's at it, he can still pledge some to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

How much has been donated to Africa in the last few decades?

Trillions in the last 10 years alone...except it wasn't donated, it was invested, by CHINA...who is cornering the market on a laundry list of resources from oil to exotic metals that make your cell phone work...

I know XPats in Africa and they say some cities in Africa have become like little China...they are everywhere and everywhere they go gravy follows...roads, schools etc.

We are losing the game globally and all for partisan, BS politics. China will own the world in short order, while we debate wether women who get raped can get pregnant.

The continent ranks as the world’s No 1 in its reserves of bauxite, chromites, cobalt, diamonds and gold. It is rich in palladium, phosphates, platinum group metals, titanium minerals, vanadium and zircon. African production accounts for 80% of the world’s platinum group metals, 55% of chromites, 49% of palladium, 45% of vanadium and up to 55% of gold and diamonds.

www.europesworld.org...

See slideshow here for what China has done in Africa...
www.time.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Still don't get it? It is US businesses that are pledging the money to his initiative...cuz they are going to make money.

He can rally the businesses and lead the way into Africa...but doing the same here requires a vote by congress and made the GOP throw utter effen tantrums...HELL NO!!! ...let the bridges crumble!!
edit on 1-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

I expect that $7 billion would be just enough to open some planning offices and funnel some cash to US and Africa buddies of the Anointed One.

It is an initiaitive...7B from US Companies and other money from international investors.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

No really if you take into consideration that the value of the American money in Africa is way higher when it comes to cheap labor.

Still the ones that reap the benefits of the power plans and plants are those that are more affluent the Africans in the bush will still be living in the bush surviving on nature, the warlords in the other hands will have an advantage.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Bingo!!!!!!!!!! they are subsidized by tax payer money, any foreign banks that US support is supported by tax payer dollars, the private interest gets a free ride on tax money for their investments efforts as usual and has been like that for ages.

The U.S. Government's Development Finance Institution

OPIC mobilizes private capital to help solve critical development challenges and in doing so, advances U.S. foreign policy. Because OPIC works with the U.S. private sector, it helps U.S. businesses gain footholds in emerging markets, catalyzing revenues, jobs and growth opportunities both at home and abroad. OPIC achieves its mission by providing investors with financing, guarantees, political risk insurance, and support for private equity investment funds

www.opic.gov...

It kind of sounds like the infamous Carlyle group

U.S. Tax Break for Foreign Income Taxes on Investments Overseas

voices.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg, the value of the USD in Africa is pretty much mute except for the chieftains and warlords that "allow" us to build there. The equipment will still be ordered in the USA (GE) or Sweden (ABB) or Germany (Siemens) or Mitsubishi (Japan) and the contractors (same countries) will hire only a small amount of the labor (unskilled) from the local economy.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yup, you got it Marg even if Indigo chooses to miss it. The American taxpayer (and the American military and the American printing presses) are the ones on the hook.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by butcherguy

Still don't get it? It is US businesses that are pledging the money to his initiative...cuz they are going to make money.

He can rally the businesses and lead the way into Africa...but doing the same here requires a vote by congress and made the GOP throw utter effen tantrums...HELL NO!!! ...let the bridges crumble!!
edit on 1-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Now why would I be confused?
Your text:

Obama "pledged" funds...the same way your nieghbor running a 10K for cancer "pledges" funds..and then gathers the money from folks.

vs

It is US businesses that are pledging the money

Now, you are telling me that the US businesses can make money in poor African countries, but not here?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Exactly but remember the share holders in the receiving end of the deal, means interest free profits and US government backed loans that most of the time are never pay back.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Originally posted by HairlessApe

God forbid we actually help someone!

Why should our government give money to help african war lords kill people... It is a known fact that funds, food, medicines, support vehicles, all known other supplies gets stolen by the biggest and baddest african gang by the barrel of a gun.. No one minds helping people, AMERICA is the NUMBER 1 biggest charity givers TO THE WORLD, willingly, we don't need these ass hats in office giving away tax payers money.. American people willingly will give up their own money, but this take a slice off both sides is getting INSANE!

Oh, yea. African Warlords. The only people who live in desperate areas of Africa. I forgot.

Oh yes, African Warlords. The only people who will receive any of the benefits.

It happens

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I can hear the hog calls even now!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

From those 7 billions I bet my latino butt that its going to pay for a lot of briberies to keep the Warlords happy, that is not doubt about it.

Something else I found too

African Progress Panel Urges Leaders to Exploit Resources
The African Progress Panel released their 2013 report this month, stating that African countries must not miss the opportunity to exploit the continent's vast stores of coal, oil, metal ores, and other natural resources. The panel believes the resulting revenues could transform the continent's economy and societies.

Carlos Lopes, executive director of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, agrees with the panel, saying the way Africa currently deals with natural resources resembles the colonial model.

“Where you extract, you try to build infrastructure to go to a port, and then this port exports it out of Africa," he said. "[There's] no value addition, no possibilities of really taking advantage of the full value chain and, as a result of that, not creating jobs. But more importantly, no opportunity for transformation.”

Recommendations made by the panel to maximize natural resource benefits include establishing a broad economic development strategy, making revenue streams more transparent and spreading benefits of these revenues via public spending.

This article was in may of this year One month later Obama pledge to Africa, so convenient.

www.voanews.com...

Who say is about the people, is never about the people is about the profiteers agendas, Africa is the last Global frontier that holds incredible amounts of unearthed natural resources without electricity is nothing but jungle in the country

Frist the tribes were scattered and most of them destroyed for foreign interest and mining, then the Warlords took over but they lack enough resources to actually reap Africa wealth so they only control land by force, now you can imagine what comes next.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Indigo is confused, when a person pledges to a 10k run he coughs up his real cash money, when a private commercial enterprise pledges, they take little credit risk because the US thru the Inport/export bank underwrites the commercial loan that was made with the balance sheet of the USA.

Wonder who repay if the loan defaults? I know!
edit on 1-7-2013 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I think that ARAMCO and BP were singing from that hymnal in the 50's in Saudi Arabia, "we just want to help out the poor down trodden lads".

We all know how that ended.
edit on 1-7-2013 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You forgot the The US interest already established in Africa niger valley delta since the 50s also, the human rights violations, destroying and displacing the tribal leaders, causing civil unrest and wars in order to clean the land for exploitation. Then after polluting the land what benefits the indigenous people have seen in the last 60 years of exploitation?

No a darn thing, welcome to progress western style, take over, polluted and kill.

The effects of oil in the fragile Niger Delta communities and environment have been enormous. Local indigenous people have seen little if any improvement in their standard of living while suffering serious damage to their natural environment. According to Nigerian federal government figures, there were more than 7,000 oil spills between 1970 and 2000. [1]

When long-held concerns about loss of control over resources to the oil companies were voiced by the Ijaw people in the Kaiama Declaration in 1998, the Nigerian government sent troops to occupy the Bayelsa and Delta states. Soldiers opened fire with rifles, machine guns, and tear gas, killing at least three protesters and arresting twenty-five more[citation needed].

Since then, local indigenous activity against commercial oil refineries and pipelines in the region have increased in frequency and militancy. Recently foreign employees of Shell, the primary corporation operating in the region, were taken hostage by outraged local people. Such activities have also resulted in greater governmental intervention in the area, and the mobilisation of the Nigerian army and State Security Service into the region, resulting in violence and human rights abuses.

After the niger oil wars now the puppet western style government have gotten some type of control over the unhappy population.

www.ask.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Play the song 'This is how we do it" while reading the link: here

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

And, BTW for those that want to make any or all of this a D vs R thing (Bush did it) it is not. They all are corrupt bastards and we need to throw them out.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What can I say, we all know the faces behind Americas private interest, powerful, rudeness, unforgiving and dirty to the core.

I feel so happy when I know that my tax dollars are in the hands of any of those crocks the elite that runs this country behind close doors.

edit on 1-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join