It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oneness, Being in The Now, "Ignorance is bliss", escapism? Hidden dangers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was watching a movie, and this man found this place that was absolutely beautiful and natural. Everybody was young and everybody was smiling and living simply. They were happy eating fruit off of the trees. They were also protected from any danger by these mutant humans called "The Morlocks". They gave them clothes and kept them safe , and the only thing they needed to do in return was have "faith" in them, that when the alarms go off they send some of their people inside their base and everything will remain peaceful.

These "morlocks" humans were eating these simple minded humans and no one ever knew because they didn't care to find out what went on inside and they lived in nature just being happy living life. The man who found this place and the simple-minded people asked "what about the past, you don't learn from it?" , "what about the future, you don't dream of tomorrow?" and they told him that there was no past or future. They just live their lives in simple happiness everyday in nature. They don't even think about death so if someone is dying it doesn't matter.

I wonder, is "being in the now" being used as escapism from the suffering that comes from nature and life in general? Is "oneness" being used as a panacea just a view, another perspective to try to ease the suffering?

I hear people say "Ignorance is bliss" and most people are starting to adapt this view. Ignorance is bliss but in ignorance humanity doesn't grow and learn. Imagine if we were still living like we did back not caring to find out how things work because "God" is doing it all? And we didn't care to invent because "God" made nature and we are to live in harmony with it instead of inventing technologies and cures to make life more pleasant?

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Now is the only thing that exists, some people choose to live in it. Living in the Now, is a way of returning to reality and sanity. Not a means to escape reality which is what the sheeple of the World are currently doing and what the idiots in that film have already done.

'Now' makes you awake, alert and present at ALL times. It doesn't put you into trance like sleep, and it doesn't turn you into a gullible, hypnotized bafoon, which is what most people fear and think it is like.

Ignorance ISN'T bliss, it's miserable. So the only way to wake up, is to pay attention to the only thing that EVER exists. That is Now. Everything else is simply daydreaming, which is ok at times. But not as a constant method of conducting ones life.

Right now, on Earth. Most people are walking in a day dream. Pretending to be what they aren't, placing all of their hopes and dreams into tomorrow, and burdened with resolving the dead past. That is not living. That's dying.

Look at Now, simply for the fact that its the only thing that exists, and its the very thing we ignore while we live in our heads, day dreaming about things that do not exist, and constantly tending to Yesterday and Tomorrow. Which also does not exist.

Einstein said that yesterday, today, and tomorrow are happening simultaneously. Which means they are ALL perceived in Now. Time is perception..not reality.

A re calibration to the meaning and importance of Now, and the dispelling of the concept of time, is very appropriate in this time of human evolution.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Now is the only thing that exists, some people choose to live in it. Living in the Now, is a way of returning to reality and sanity

It's not possible to not live in the now. Now is always happening.

Not a means to escape reality which is what the sheeple of the World are currently doing and what the idiots in that film have already done.

Not thinking about the future is escaping reality. Because while you're only thinking about the now that's happening. Others are planning for the future for their success and control.

'Now' makes you awake, alert and present at ALL times. It doesn't put you into trance like sleep, and it doesn't turn you into a gullible, hypnotized bafoon, which is what most people fear and think it is like.

I agree that it makes you more alert and not in a trance, but I think I disagree about the ignorance part. Problem solving is a great way to learn information and solving problems will have to including thinking about now AND the future. Reaching one goal after the next.

Everything else is simply daydreaming, which is ok at times.

But most times, that "daydreaming" becomes a reality. You think about what you will eat (future oriented) before the actual eating is happening (present moment). You have to "daydream" about the future in order to make goals and achieve them.

Right now, on Earth. Most people are walking in a day dream. Pretending to be what they aren't, placing all of their hopes and dreams into tomorrow, and burdened with resolving the dead past. That is not living. That's dying.

A dream/goal without action is like a car without fuel. Taking action is the fuel to achieve the goal. Most people have big dreams without taking the action to achieve them.

They don't dare to step out of the daily routine.

Einstein said that yesterday, today, and tomorrow are happening simultaneously. Which means they are ALL perceived in Now. Time is perception..not reality.

But perception is a part of reality. I'm not arguing with semantics (language) here. Let me explain.

If you are thinking about "yesterday", you are doing it now. So if only "now" exists, and if only "now" is reality - then that thought about "yesterday" is also a part of reality; And when yesterday happened it was "now". Even if "yesterday" is an illusion - it still real.

We can say that "yesterday" is an illusion/perception and only now is reality, but if I hurt myself badly yesterday the pain and wound will still be there today.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In TRUTH... It is more about others who may distribute the temporary ignorance suffering on others meeting a unknown eternal suffering or disposal fate for expressing such actions on CREATOR Creations they did not CREATE and so BALANCERS are sent to balance. To 1 subjectively arpgme...

Then so what is the NOW here then now forever...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In most cases, thinking about your future doesnt do much because of the simple fact that what you do right now can never result in your future right now...

If i wanted to be a surgeon in the future, thinking about being a surgeon in the future wont get me there now. My wanting to be a surgeon in the future will already dictate how my NOW is being played out. So if im always thinking about where i want to be in the future, im missing out on the "right now" thats already playing out where i want to be in the future, its like a redundant way of living life. Its like buttering toast while thinking about buttering the toast. You already know how to butter toast so why bother thinking about it...? Planning and plotting is a sign of fear of negative results... If you have no expectations, you can never be worried or scared of anything... You are right where TBTB want you, because at the end of the day, how do you know what your "day dreaming" about or "plotting" is actually you? Do you know where your next thought comes from, do you know what your next thought is going to be before it arises...? The further one plans, the more delusional one is. That may not be medically correct in "your" world but when placed in ones linear equational fantasy, it holds to be valid and true.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
and so the results are STO
or Service To Others even those who cannot see that their energy DOES in FACT go somewhere else. Do you challenge them and their beliefs no. You encourage peaceful ways to assist and so prevent them from un thought of fates... Its not about the messenger because sound in spirit/soul/internal energy 1 must be before trying to assist others. Its nice to get more clarity and share for @ times 1 feels its mistaken that this is all done for 1??? hmm and not the many. And so you allow the wills to follow their directed paths w/hope that eventually the LIGHT will reach and be understood as assistance to others not 1 for its not about fearing anything again more so accepting what 1z spirit/soul/internal energy is what its experienced even if interpreted as subjectivness by others that are basically being assisted...

edit on 6/29/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Now is the only thing that exists, some people choose to live in it. Living in the Now, is a way of returning to reality and sanity

It's not possible to not live in the now. Now is always happening.

Not a means to escape reality which is what the sheeple of the World are currently doing and what the idiots in that film have already done.

Not thinking about the future is escaping reality. Because while you're only thinking about the now that's happening. Others are planning for the future for their success and control.

I agree that it makes you more alert and not in a trance, but I think I disagree about the ignorance part. Problem solving is a great way to learn information and solving problems will have to including thinking about now AND the future. Reaching one goal after the next.

Everything else is simply daydreaming, which is ok at times.

But most times, that "daydreaming" becomes a reality. You think about what you will eat (future oriented) before the actual eating is happening (present moment). You have to "daydream" about the future in order to make goals and achieve them.

A dream/goal without action is like a car without fuel. Taking action is the fuel to achieve the goal. Most people have big dreams without taking the action to achieve them.

They don't dare to step out of the daily routine.

But perception is a part of reality. I'm not arguing with semantics (language) here. Let me explain.

If you are thinking about "yesterday", you are doing it now. So if only "now" exists, and if only "now" is reality - then that thought about "yesterday" is also a part of reality; And when yesterday happened it was "now". Even if "yesterday" is an illusion - it still real.

We can say that "yesterday" is an illusion/perception and only now is reality, but if I hurt myself badly yesterday the pain and wound will still be there today.

If you understood my post, you would know that I said Now is the only thing that exists. That's the only fact I stated, so why are you preaching concepts of time to me? The strategic advantage of thinking about tomorrow in terms of competitive business', attaining goals and survival has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Let me say it again, Now is the only thing that exists. If you're using tomorrow to plan for goals and whatever, fine. But anything that is not Now, is mind projection. Living your life in a constant projection is being asleep. I'm not talking about planning your life or business, I'm talking about living in the illusion of tomorrow and yesterday as if it is an existential phenomenon.

Besides the trivial use and convenience of the concept of time, I can't see where you and I differ on this. Now is the only thing that exists, we agree yes? Again, I'm not talking about the advantages of using time as a means to planning for life and business. I'm talking about something much deeper than that.

edit on 29-6-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I wonder, is "being in the now" being used as escapism from the suffering that comes from nature and life in general? Is "oneness" being used as a panacea just a view, another perspective to try to ease the suffering?

I hear people say "Ignorance is bliss" and most people are starting to adapt this view. Ignorance is bliss but in ignorance humanity doesn't grow and learn. Imagine if we were still living like we did back not caring to find out how things work because "God" is doing it all? And we didn't care to invent because "God" made nature and we are to live in harmony with it instead of inventing technologies and cures to make life more pleasant?

What do you think?

The technologies are God too. There is nothing that is not being done by God -God does it all. God even does the idea that God is not real - God does the idea that you are not God.

Now is God - it is all there is.
God dreams he is not now by pretending 'other' - he pretends 'other' times and 'other' places and dreams a dream that he is not God - he dreams that he is separate from himself.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I agree wholeheartedly.

"Now" worshippers, and "ignorance is bliss" followers simply hold that we should not think about where we have been or what we might become, that we should simply forget, we should live like an Alzheimers sufferer and be a shell.

They claim their "now" is all that exists, forgetting that their own relationship with it is terminated once they stop existing, and forgetting that as a part of it, they too exist. "Now" worship is fear of death, fear of the past, fear of the future, fear of remembering their own experience, fear of ideas, fear of responsibility, the refusal to believe that "now", or whatever they are calling it these days, not only does persist, but has and will persist.

These outlooks are psychological trickery, the refusal to contemplate anything but what is immediately present, a sensual dead end, the intellectual extent to where most animals reside mentally, willfully strived towards strictly for the purposes of whatever pleasures they find there. One would think these "now" worshippers would do away with their morals, forget culture, art, and philosophy, as all these require the contemplation of one's own experience, the past, the future, and other so-called dangerous ideas. It's difficult to imagine such a world.

But they lie don't they. We can tell because these people don't grasp at shiny things when we wave it in front of their face like the monkey does. We can't put a carrot on a stick and lead them around like a horse. They don't start talking in gibberish after claiming words and ideas are inconsequential. The monkey and the horse are in the now, concerned strictly with what is in front of their face, not thinking, not remembering, not contemplating, but satisfying selfish desire after selfish desire. The "now" worshippers dare not do this. Something is stopping them. Pride? Dignity? Vanity. Because no matter how hard they try, they cannot stop thinking, they cannot stop contemplating, they cannot leave behind their culture, their identity, their ego; they can only say and pretend they do, for vanity's sake.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I only know if I pay attention to events I memorize them better and overtime I'll see patterns emerging in behaviour of people because my mind recognizes previously seen behaviour and so everything becomes predictable. People want to be seen as unique and surprising individuals but really most are made up of truths which have existed for a long time and are not surprising in their reactions at all, many share the same truths even though not all express them all the time or it is hidden somewhere in an expression and one has to think about it more to see it.

Remembering the past to gain insight in what happened allows for a more probable educated guess in how events will unfold and researching past events makes it possible to have mental molds for similar future situations. The only way one can truly be in the now by knowing to a degree what is going to happen next, to be able to interpret reality at a faster thought pace than it is unfolding and not having to make up new explanations while in a situation which is distracting. Otherwise one is only trying to be in the now while trying to keep up with events unfolding and this costs processing power of the mind which can't use that portion of processing power to interpret and experience actual reality.

Another common mistake is to think of the now as an actual physical place or single timeline we all share and once in there's a barrier between those who live in the past or future and those who live in the now and obviously the latter is right and should feel good about themselves while the former are bad and should feel bad if they were more aware of their predicament. In reality there's 9 billions of now's happening all over the globe each containing 9 billion echoes of other now's and then even some now's connected to other now's happening in distant galaxies.
edit on 1/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I would say that being in the 'now' is not an escape from suffering, more a letting go of the old because life is movement, not a static state.
in an ever changing world it is rather silly to hold on to the past.

Oneness is being one, whole, a healthy and sane individual, not a fragmented human who is concerned with its own pitiful little things.

There is enormous suffering in this world, and we have created it, we are it, and we sustain it.
Therefore ignorance is beauty, being able to say, "i don't know".
That 'not knowing' means we are able to see and learn, to listen, not burdened and thus not having an preconceived idea of how it should be.

Priests have said they know, they have learned an old doctrine, and now they preach that same doctrine as sacred truth.
But while they have been doing this for ages, many blood has been shed and until today it continues to be shed, people were and are still being tortured, burned, and they, the priests dare to say, "god is love".

Politicians have said they know, just look at the world today.

Ignorance does not mean to stop learning, it is absolutely necessary that one throws away everything one thinks he knows, only then can one truly learn through observation of what is.
Be your own teacher, don't let others polute the pure.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Ignorance does not mean to stop learning, it is absolutely necessary that one throws away everything one thinks he knows, only then can one truly learn through observation of what is.

How does one throw away what he thinks he knows? Sounds good on paper, but how is that possible? Things you know, are things you believe to be the truth, so how does one go about throwing away their truth? Is that a wise thing to get in the habit of doing? What exactly are you trying to learn through your observation of Maya?
edit on 3-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well I think its more that the world is like a mirror. Look into the pool and clear the waters until you can see your reflection, overcome the body suits codings and behavior, with Spirit and Love. Working on self and relationships with others, being kind is not escapism, it brings heaven to earth. Loving and Growing consciousness doesnt put you in a silly garden of bliss, though bliss is nice, its a lot more interesting than that, alot of work goes on on higher levels.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

People can be absolutely sure of their truth, and they defend it, fight for it at all cost.
But there are also those that keep an open mind, those are the ones that will be capable of seeing because they enquire into the questions of life.

One is sure that god exists, the other one is sure that god does not exists, both have made up their mind and have stopped learning.
Then there is the third one who says "i don't know" and than it does not matter if god exists or not, what matters is his freedom to keep learning about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

People can be absolutely sure of their truth, and they defend it, fight for it at all cost.
But there are also those that keep an open mind, those are the ones that will be capable of seeing because they enquire into the questions of life.

One is sure that god exists, the other one is sure that god does not exists, both have made up their mind and have stopped learning.
Then there is the third one who says "i don't know" and than it does not matter if god exists or not, what matters is his freedom to keep learning about it.

Fair enough. But that wasn't my question. My question was, how does one Throw out that which he believes to be true? The reason I'm asking is not because I'm trying to do it, just that I'm just curious to learn your methodology in doing this.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

There is nothing to learn from me, no method of how to.
One comes to this realisation or not, sorry if this is not the answer you wanted.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think we can have both. There is no reason to destroy the earth in the name of science and progress. We can create and invent and live in harmony with our planet. This belief that we cant do both. That the earth must be sacrificed in the name of technology has always astounded me.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Let me help you. I'm not seeking answers to my life, I'm asking you to explain the methodology of your suggestion that

.......it is absolutely necessary that one throws away everything one thinks he knows...

...There is nothing to learn from me, no method of how to. ..

You say that you have no methodology to your statement. That's because it is impossible to do. Unless this is some clever koan you're presenting. That's the point I'm trying to make. Lets try an experiment. Think of something you ABSOLUTELY know to be true, now throw it away. My point is that a lot of people, especially fake guru's, spiritual 'teachers' and people on this forum, mislead others by saying things that are impossible to do. Like 'let go of Ego' , 'love everything', 'be in the now' , 'be the I am', 'let go of your knowledge'. These are all nonsensical words, meme's.
Whenever I see a meme, I want to find out if the person saying it, has any idea what it means and what it entails.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Humans are humans and not blobs for a reason. They have a shape both physically and spiritually. Personal identity and personal cause are the main assets of any living being. Removing perception and evaluation from the chain of events and focusing on "the now" only is utter b/s, because any serious achievement requires planning, tracking, synchronizing, and learning from past experience. If you are always in the now, you are just a tool for someone else. Also it is not possible to be in the "now" because we always get sensory information with a delay. It has to be transmitted and partly processed before we can know something is happening. The time needed for processing of various external signals differs. Evaluation of the situation is a continuous process, the model gets more refined as more information becomes available. Actually there is never a true "now" moment in any mental activity, it is a continuous range which originates in your past experience and extends through the present moment into the expected or imagined future.
edit on 5-7-2013 by mrkeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You skipped this part.

One comes to this realisation or not

Good luck with your hunt for guru's

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join