It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot yay or nay ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
that Bill Munns youtube clip is Excellent, you all should watch, it's back a couple pages.

I say yay....I remember someone recorded weird sounds in the forest that don't match to anything we know of
edit on 30-6-2013 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of pictures,a few video's & read quite alot of eyewitness accounts,surely they all can't be lying..can they ??
I think something is out there but what that is i have no idea,it's evaded capture for a long time though so it must be a good hunter,always an interesting subject to get into.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by seagull

reply to post by Soloprotocol

I've researched enough to know there are way more reports of shootings than one may think. Here's
a crap full and we know not all are reported.

So my "Trigger happy Hunter" statement was nearer the truth....No wonder they are few far between..

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

Here's where we're at so far. Mind you if you didn't say yay or make it obvious with an encounter story ?
You went in to the nay column. as I had to declare you an unbeliever if undecided.

Up to this post.

Yay - 25

Nay - 18

Results are subjecated to ATS members and may in fact change as the thread moves along.
I'm having the best time reading all of the stories and reasoning. Some great member appearences also !

reply to post by Soloprotocol

Well you were counted as a NAY ?
edit on 30-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yay. there has to be some truth to the legends. they are probably a rare species and live in areas uninhabited by humans. i also believe in gray and reptillian aliens and they are also rare. too bad we close our eyes to the possibilites while science and religion choose to be antagonistic.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
yay. there has to be some truth to the legends. they are probably a rare species and live in areas uninhabited by humans. i also believe in gray and reptillian aliens and they are also rare. too bad we close our eyes to the possibilites while science and religion choose to be antagonistic.

There doesn't have to be any truth to the legends at all.

Is there any truth to the Paul Bunyon legends?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

there is plenty of testimony going back many years. what more do you want?

saying something does not exist because i did not see it is a logical fallacy prevallent in cryptozoology.

of course we are playing with odds here. the odds are in my favor.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

How do you explain the many legends that go beyond cultures and geography?

Besides I have personally seen one.
edit on 30-6-2013 by dudeman351 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeman351

Come on now, I'm not going to let you go with just that.
I will pester you till the cows come home to rest
with Harry and the Hendersons if you don't give up your story.
Yes, I'm threatening you.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It was early June 1983. Just a couple of days after school got out, I was 14. Me and the neighbor's kid who is a few years older than me were bored so we figured we'd go canoeing on the wekiwa river which I live real close to. We're paddling down the river for a while, and he says I have a lefty we can smoke. The river was crowded so we started to look for a back water into the swamp. We found one and paddled down it til we couldn't go anymore and beached the canoe in some muck. Well he fired it up and started to cough. With that a palmetto bush about 60 yards to my right explodes and this 6'+ huge reddish brown orangutan looking thing runs into the swamp on two legs crashing and banging. We were like WTF!!! was that. After it was out of ear shot we decided it was probably safe to go scope it out. A little more than half way there the stench hit. The best way to explain it is a wet dog tangled with a skunk at the dump after a rain storm on a hot August day. It was so bad it made me gag. When we got to the palmetto bush with the stench lingering we saw the foot print track going into a dense Florida swamp. 5 toe 16" long 6" wide human like foot prints. These prints were about 2 1/2" deep in the mud. Our prints were only about a 1/2" deep. We got the hell out of there so fast our canoe was making a wake. LOL. I tried to talk to my buddy about it many times after that but he always turned white and didn't want to talk about it. The worst thing was we never got to smoke that doobie. When the skunk ape jumped he dropped it in the bottom of the wet canoe.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I believe in them. I have never seen one but my husband had an incident 2 years ago while Elk hunting with a friend. They went hunting in early November near Cook City Montana. They were in some thick forest. While driving to were they where camping for the night they saw a black bear and loads of deer.

They made a camp for the night by putting a tarp lean to on one side of the truck. My husbands friend stayed in the truck for a while while my husband went to bed. My husband had just crawled into his sleeping bag when he heard a huge thump right by him on the other side of the tarp. He thought oh ya his buddy was being funny but realized he was still in the truck and never heard the door open. His friend in the truck heard it too. They heard a few more before getting going to investigate. Some thing was throwing rocks at them and the one that landed close to my husband was over 100lbs at least! Needless they did not sleep very well. In the morning all the rocks where gone. The ground was dry and very littered with leaves and needles so they found no tracks. My husband does not want to go back up there again.
edit on 6/30/2013 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351

How do you explain the many legends that go beyond cultures and geography?

Besides I have personally seen one.

Social constructs, much like superheroes, demigods, and aliens.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeman351

check this out. www.bfro.net...

Lots of skunk ape reports in that area your event took place at. Very interesting. Can all the folks be making this stuff up?

I'm a wondering.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

there is plenty of testimony going back many years. what more do you want?

saying something does not exist because i did not see it is a logical fallacy prevallent in cryptozoology.

of course we are playing with odds here. the odds are in my favor.

There is plenty of anecdotal evidence of the 'boogeyman' too. Am I to believe that there is someone that lives in the closets of children?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Then how do you explain what I saw with my own two eyes?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I've lived in the area almost my whole life, and have spoken to a lot of people. The sightings go back well into the 1800s.

And I will add. Seeing one is a life altering experience.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
I've had interactions with two "bigfoot" on two different occasions. Both were as different from each other as we are from gorillas. One was hostile, the other was as docile as a chinchilla. The first docile one was in Oregon, and was very closely related to humans. I spoke to him, though he had a very limited grasp of english. Something like a two year old. The next I believe was a young male who was feeling his oats and tried to run my brother and myself out of the forest. His scream sounded like a mixture between a lion and a gorilla. It was the scariest moment in my life to date.

Why would anyone ever provide proof of the existence of these creatures unless it is for fame and fortune. Most of the hunters etc. that may come into contact with them are smart enough to leave them be. The outcome of real evidence would become a massive hunt on such a large scale and would surely end up in the murder of countless innocent and sentient creatures. They are best left alone.

Come on.

You are expecting anyone to believe that there is a creature in the wilds of Oregon that has had enough contact with humans to have a two year old's understanding of English, and that all of the people that have come in contact with this creature, none of them have gathered any empirical evidence of this creature and have instead, like yourself, decided it would be better to simply keep the discovery of the millennium a semi-secret, only to be whispered about on conspiracy websites?

Also, hunters are killers. That's the one thing all of them have in common. They hunt animals to kill them. I am not buying the rationale that these hunters live by some unwritten but universally adhered to code of ethics regarding what could be the closest thing any of them might get to hunting the most dangerous game.

One last thing, gorillas don't scream.

On the contrary sir, hunters don't hunt to kill. They hunt to eat, and to build skills and a deep rooted relationship with nature that we are hard wired for. The hunters that I have grown up with have a deep respect for nature, as we'll as the rest of their environment and people around them. Hunters are the biggest group of people who may come into contact with the Sasquatch, Bigfoot or whatever you want to call it. The last thing they want is a bunch of disrespectful murderers and journalist crawling around in the most sacred places they know. Maybe you don't know anyone who takes hunting seriously, in fact with a reply like that I'm surprised you're so deep into this thread.

I am we'll aware that my story is pretty unbelievable. I've told it many times and have been somewhat shrugged off with a smile by almost everyone. Let me expand a bit.

It was 5:30 in the AM in a National park in Oregon when I came upon this "Bigfoot" fella. He stood close to seven foot tall, was white of skin and he was a human of sorts, but of a nature that most from a small town would have shot him on site. His nose was as big as my fist, as was his big toe. There was frost on the ground, it was probably less than forty degrees. The guy was wearing an old pair of overalls, you know the kind made of denim, with the suspender type straps. He was a gentle giant and there was nothing nefarious about him at all. That said, I am sure that from a distance he would strike fear into the heart of anything or anyone that happened upon him. He had grey white hair, that was long and it grew out of his head, neck and the top of his shoulders. The hair on the rest of his body was as a thick fur. The tops of his feet, his hands, his nose, lips and eyes were the only skin that was exposed on his body. I tried to have a conversation with the guy but could not after a few minutes, he was confusing. One thing about the way that he talked, he knew some words but jumbled them together in such a way. I was able to get the gist of what he was saying, but he could not convey his thoughts in complete sentences. He was jolly, and I got the impression that kids would never be afraid of this giant, but adults, or parents would fear him with everything they had. I imagined that he ate berries or something like that, and it was obvious that he lived in the forest, but his body was powerful, like a bear. He was built this way for a reason. Although he was seven feet tall, he was built almost like a midget, with a large torso and short legs for his height.

I know that you do not know me, but I spent a few minutes scrutinizing this fellow, and believe me when I say, that his kind is not a known presence in our world today. I would call him Bigfoot if I had never heard if Bigfoot before.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yayayyyyyyyy!!!! Whooo!!!!! yyayaa *throws confetti*

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"Bigfoot yay or nay ?"

Im gonna go with..I dont know.

But if there is such a thing,i hope they never find it.
They will just end up putting it into a zoo,or some lab,or worse yet,have a hunting season for them.

So not knowing is better.

My 2 cents
~Cheers~

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

One lima llima three to foxtrot, secondary objective is in the positive and debate has been acheived.
We are headed home.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join