It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein: read the Bible, an inexhaustible source of wisdom and comfort.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In 1932, Albert Einstein and his wife Elsa gave a friend a Christian Bible. He wrote a short German inscription in the front.. In English, what he wrote was:

This book is an inexhaustible source of wisdom and comfort. Read in it often and gifts for you,

Yours,

A. Einstein

The story is here:

uncertaintist.wordpress.com...

The quote is not so surprising in light of other opinions Einstein expressed. He did not believe in a personal God, and he was no friend of organized religion, but he did believe in his own ideas about spirituality and awe at the mystery. Those ideas included an admiration for Jesus as a teacher, and a respect for the traditions of Judaism which he shared with Jesus.

Einstein was a secular thinker, but also a thinker of complexity and nuance. He resists pigeon holes.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What einstein forgot to tell you is: READ THE BIBLE IN REVERSE.

Satan = the good guy, God = the bad guy.

Satan = Enki, God = Enlil. Read sumerian literature to understand more.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Great post. The atheist scientist hate it when people bring that up. One of the greatest minds of all time was a Bible lover
. But if you ask them, they might say he was high when he said that

edit on 29-6-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I'm a bible lover too, but that doesn't mean I take it as the word of God. If Einstein didn't believe in a personal God, then my bet is he didn't believe in the version of god that the bible portrays.

I believe the bible has lots of great lessons, many of which have been corrupted with wrong interpretations and/or metaphors that were purposely put in place to cause misinterpretation. Not everything is as cut and dry as the church tries to make it out to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It actually disturbs me a little that someone who is thought to have had one of the greatest minds in history could describe the Bible as an exclusively positive source -- deliberately ignoring the vast plethora of damning scriptures.

Was Einstein truly no different than the average mainstream Christian of today who only sees God as a nice, fluffy, sugary sweet entity who loves and takes care of us?

edit on 30-6-2013 by okayimhere because: grammar

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've heard people say that Einstein was an atheist before, that's when I bring up the "God doesn't play dice" quote and most people say that's not true. However he made many statements that showed he had a belief in God, maybe not in organized religion but in the existence of God. He often said that the ultimate goal of physics was to understand the thinking of God. Most mainstream scientists cannot accept the fact that one of the greatest scientific minds of all time actually believed that there was a god behind everything we see and interact with.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You know people then (and now) were (and are) still ostracized for not being good little bible thumpers.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Means absolutely nothing!

It's just his personal belief and no one can argure or disprove that.

top topics

join