It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - Whats your opinion - 20 Zimmerman Trial Questions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Everyone has an opinion so feel free to post yours following the questions.
This isn't a thread to argue. Let's just find out what ATSers think about the trial.
(mods feel free to move if I got this in the wrong forum)

1 - Are you watching the Zimmerman trial? Yes or No?

2 - Before the trial, did you form an opinion?
- Guilty of Murder 2
- Guilty of Manslaughter
- Guilty of Stupidity but you can't prosecute that
- Innocent
- Innocent Until Proven Guilty
- Other

3 - Opening Statements?
- Score for Defense.
- Score for Prosecution.
- Pretty Even.

4 - Prosecution so far?
- Doing a great job.
- Doing a lousy job.
- So so

5 - Defense so far?
- Doing a great job.
- Doing a lousy job.
- So so

6 - Zimmermans wounds?
- Inflicted by Martin
- Inflicted by Self
- Inflicted elsewhere and just claimed that they were inflicted by Martin

7 - The jury is 6 females.
- Helps Zimmerman
- Hurts Zimmerman
- Doesn't mean anything.

8 - Important Prosecution witness Rachel Jeantel.
- Credible
- Not credible

9 - Important Prosecution witness John Good.
- Credible
- Not credible

10 - Has the information in the trial matched the information that was out pre-trial in the press? Or did the pre-trial information get the information wrong?

11 - Has the trial so far changed your mind on your pre-trial opinion on guilt/innocence?

12 - If Zimmerman is not convicted, his future is
- He has no future. His life will literally be over.
- Bleak. Alive but bleak.
- Make $$ off law suits against NBC and Black Panthers .. and write a book
- People will forget with the next news cycle. He'll be fine.

13 - Zimmerman will be found guilty. Yes or no?

14 - Post trial statement will be issued by Obama and/or Holder. Yes or no?

15 - If Zimmerman is not convicted, there will be social unrest or riots. Yes or no?

16 - The Zimmerman/Martin event will, in the long run, help or hurt race relations? Or change nothing? Does it depend on what verdict is brought back?

17 - George Zimmerman the movie. Coming to TV in the next couple of years? Yes or no?

18 - Trayvon Martin the movie. Coming to TV in the next couple of years? Yes or no?

19 - George Zimmerman talk circuit for 2nd Amendment Rights. Coming soon? Yes or no?

20 - Trayvon Martin Hoodie Day in schools across the country. Coming soon? Yes or no?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My opinion is WHO CARES. This is just one example of a story that has been, and continues to be, used as a distraction for the sheep of this nation. I would rather worry about why the yield on a US Treasury Bond is approaching 3%, and the disaster that is about to overtake this country in the wake of the economic collapse that could happen at any moment.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Honestly, I just don't care anymore. It's turned into a media circus for ratings, just like most high profile cases.

However as a social scientist; I'm interested in the cultural implications that will affect Florida.

edit on 29-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
1 - I am watching the trial.

2 - My pre-trial opinion was - Guilty of Stupidity but you can't prosecute that

3 - Opening Statements - Score for Prosecution.

4 - Prosecution so far? - Doing a lousy job.

5 - Defense so far? - Doing a great job. (actually it's just falling into their lap)

6 - Zimmermans wounds? - Inflicted by Martin

7 - The jury is 6 females. - Doesn't mean anything.

8 - Important Prosecution witness Rachel Jeantel. - Not credible

9 - Important Prosecution witness John Good. - Credible

10 - I've seen information in the trial that hasn't matched the pretrial information put out by the press. The sworn testimony has cleared up some false information that was floating around. ... a lesson in jumping to conclusions.

11 - The trial has not changed my mind that Zimmerman is guilty of stupidity but not Murder 2.

12 - If Zimmerman is not convicted, his future is fine. People will forget with the next news cycle.

13 - Zimmerman will not be found guilty.

14 - Post trial statement will be issued by Obama and Holder both.

15 - Zimmerman will not be convicted and so certain elements of society will have riots and looting. This verdict will come in the heat of summer which will make tempers even shorter.

16 - No change in race relations because of this. Just riots/unrest for a while when the verdict comes back.

17 - No TV movie on George Zimmerman.

18 - Trayvon Martin the movie coming to TV in the next couple of years. Spike Lee will direct.

19 - George Zimmerman talk circuit for 2nd Amendment Rights? No. He'll hunker down.

20 - Trayvon Martin Hoodie Day in schools across the country. ALREADY HERE.
edit on 6/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What is this, a play along at home sheet?

Goddamn, this is like the #ing circus, this whole event from start to finish.

Its a spectacle to entertain the masses, and distract them from more important things like the atrocities of the current rogue government regime in DC.

I admit to having posted about the issue, but the outright enthrallment this is producing in the public just SCREAMS "we need a distraction... MSM, quick! Drum up some racial nonsense to entertain the proles!"

And its working beautifully.

There so many more important issues than this. This event deserved one, maybe two threads... not 40 or 50 with 10,000+ posts combined. Its NOT that important.

Ill answer the first question: hell no, Im not watching any of this spectacle, I dont plan to, and cannot relate to anyone who is or desperately wants to.
edit on 6/29/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Following it but not watching it.

- Innocent Until Proven Guilty
- Other

3 - Opening Statements?

- Score for Prosecution.

4 - Prosecution so far?
- So so

5 - Defense so far?

- So so

6 - Zimmermans wounds?
- Inflicted by Martin

7 - The jury is 6 females.

- Doesn't mean anything.

- Credible

- Credible

10 - Has the information in the trial matched the information that was out pre-trial in the press? Or did the pre-trial information get the information wrong?

It hasn't deviated wildly.

11 - Has the trial so far changed your mind on your pre-trial opinion on guilt/innocence?

Not really, there is no question Zimmerman shot and killed Martin, the jury will decide if he is justified in doing so.

- People will forget with the next news cycle. He'll be fine.

He will likely be found guilty, but it will be for manslaughter.

Probably

15 - If Zimmerman is not convicted, there will be social unrest or riots. Yes or no?

There will be some unrest but not like with Rodney King

16 - The Zimmerman/Martin event will, in the long run, help or hurt race relations? Or change nothing? Does it depend on what verdict is brought back?

It isn't going to effect this for most people.

17 - George Zimmerman the movie. Coming to TV in the next couple of years? Yes or no?

No

18 - Trayvon Martin the movie. Coming to TV in the next couple of years? Yes or no?

Probably on Lifetime.

19 - George Zimmerman talk circuit for 2nd Amendment Rights. Coming soon? Yes or no?

No because win or lose, this man is not the poster child for self defense and responsible firearm ownership.

20 - Trayvon Martin Hoodie Day in schools across the country. Coming soon? Yes or no?

Not in any official capacity.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

He won't be convicted. The whole trial is a show to pacify the black community. Even the prosecution's witnesses are corroborating Zimmerman's story, and if he's telling the truth, then he acted in self-defense.

Will there be riots after his acquittal? Most likely, and carried out by the same people the state of Florida and Headline News are trying to pacify now. The defense could provide a video of Martin beating the crap out of Zimmerman and there would still be riots.

Unity is a powerful force my friends, many of us should take notes.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

- NO

- NO

- NO

- His own.

- If the jury thinks he is guilty, he will be found guilty. If they think he is innocent... well, they might all end up in a rendition colony.

- Obama has already waded in, choosing sides almost immediately. So, YES...

- Given the known traits of our modern Main Scream Media, I would say that if there riots, they would likely be incited by them.

- The current condition of the nation does not inspire much hope for improved race relations in the near future. I don't see the outcome of this trial offering the slightest chance of adding anything positive one way or another.

Addendum:
If the nation had never known the skin color of either of the two people involved here, we might expect something resembling justice. But... regretfully, it's hard not to see that race has now been turned into a major contributing factor as well as wholesale political and media corruption.

Taking all that into consideration... it seems a bit foolish to expect anything but the worst from all quarters.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I've only read the story of what was supposed to have happened from Zimmermans point of view...Trayvon is not here to tell his side, so here how i see it....and this is just a guess, but a kind of logical one based on MY experiences in life..

I cant watch Video's here. so this is my point of view through text reading only..

Zimmerman was suspicious of Martin...He followed him, lost sight of him for a bit as Trayvon was using shortcuts...they eventually found each other again...Trayvon probably approached Mr Zimmerman asking him..."if he had a problem"...Mr Zimmerman probably wasn't forceful enough with his reply, Trayvon saw his weakness and Popped him one on the Nose...a struggle ensued with Trayvon getting the better of Mr Zimmerman and Mr Zimmerman fearing for his life Popped a Cap in his A$..eh Heart Valve...that's about it...

It was probably over within 10 to 15 seconds of when they first came face to face....but why was Mr Zimmerman out of the Car in the first place...that was a Mistake and it could cost him his freedom...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The prosecution witnesses thus far have verified Zimmerman's account of events. I think it was self-defense. In his mind he felt his life was threatened although some may argue that the pictures of his injuries in and of themselves didn't look life threatening. But if your getting your head slammed against concrete and you may have blood dripping in your throat from a bloody nose whie lying on your back with someone on top of you, you could very well feel your life is in danger. Either way Zimmerman may never have a normal life again. He and his family are under constant threat from TM supporters if he walks (see my source) and if he is put in jail, he'll be under constant threat there.

" ‘If Zimmerman Get Off, Ima Go Kill a White Boy’: Trayvon Martin Supporters Make Shocking Threats Ahead of Verdict"

www.theblaze.com... ct/

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

1. Yes, via the internet.

2. Yes I did form an opinion, guilty of manslaughter.

3. Score for the prosecution.

4. Prosecution doing a so so job.

5. Defense doing a so so job.

6. Wounds inflicted by Martin

7. Jury of 6 females- can go either way. You just never know with Juries.

8. Rachel Jeantel- None of the choices offered apply in this case. She did not come off as credible and she was not exactly not credible either. It appeared to me that she obviously was making a conscience effort to not say something she thought could be viewed as negative about Trayvon. Example..the end of her testimony and the use of the word "cracker". Truth for me is, it was obvious when she was lying. She is not a good liar. However, not everything she said appears to be a lie.

9. John Good- I have not had a chance to watch his testimony yet.

10. Some pre trial information has matched and some has not. typical with the media.

11. No, so far my mind has not been changed, but I am more than open to changing my mind if I saw anything that would cause me to do so.

12. Zimmerman's future will be fine. For as many that speak out against him, he has just as many supporters.

13. Guilty? Remains to be seen. I won't pretend to assume I know how it will end. Some of us learned a lesson from the OJ double murder trial (although I thought not guilty but he probably did it) or the Rodney King beating trail of the cops (who I thought was guilty and still cant believe they got off).

14. Obama/Holder? I doubt it, but I wouldnt be shocked if there was a statement. After the reaction Obama's original remarks caused, I doubt it.

15. Social unrest? Locally, more than likely.

16. Race relations? No effect. Race relations in this Country are poor already, however this time roles are reversed.

17. Zimmerman the movie? Probably

18. Trayvon the movie? most certainly

19. Zimmerman talk circuit? If found not guilty, I could see such a thing.

20. Hoodie Day? Already happening so yes.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To say it's not worth paying attention to is a tad bit foolish in my opinion. I will however say that it has been blown way out of proportion. And that's the whole reason why people should be paying attention to this little charade, and brace for the possible fallout from the inevitable not guilty verdict.Why do I say this? You have a weak economy (self explanatory), very little trust in government by a large part of the populace (see Congressional approval ratings), social tensions extremely high (left/right white/black rich/poor), and a governing entity that very well may be on guard in regards to its relationship with its own citizens. Thus, you have a bunch of elements just waiting for a spark. We should hope that rational positions prevail, but I can't help but gaze at the possible disaster creeping around the next dark alley. I'm not making any kind of prophecy here, and for the most part I think there will be a little violence coming out of the African American community and nothing much more than that. However, the elements for disaster are still there and should be taken into consideration at the very least.It's not the trial that intrigues me, it's everything surrounding it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't care. The only thing I care about is the ramifications on society at large, because of the ridiculous amout of coerage this case is getting. Whipping people in to a frenzy with all, tugging at all the emotional heart strings.

I look forward to this all being over.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here's my take on it. First off I am a local so this does affect me. Zimmerman was tired of the criminals coming into his neighborhood and did something about it by getting involved which is more than 95% of the sheeple do.
He took it upon himself to be a part of the neighborhood watch. He saw someone who acted suspiciously by walking close to houses and appeared to be looking in windows(casing). He called the police and was trying to be a good witness. He lost the thug wannabe and was trying to ascertain his whereabouts for the police. After being ditched the thug wannabe ambushed him and commenced to handing him an ass whooping extraordinaire. After getting his head bounced off the sidewalk a few times, he did the only thing he could perceive to save his life. If anyone was racist it was the thug who fit the description of the people who were breaking into the houses. And when he is acquitted if the riots happen we will defend ourselves as needed.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
I don't care. The only thing I care about is the ramifications on society at large, because of the ridiculous amout of coerage this case is getting. Whipping people in to a frenzy with all, tugging at all the emotional heart strings.

I look forward to this all being over.

Mark my words, if he walks, you'll see riots which make the Rodney King aftermath look like a tussle.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I only have two questions myself....and they've yet to be fully answered either way.

#1. Was Zimmerman still following Trayvon when he turned and engaged to fight or was Zimmerman turned from him when the engagement began?

#2. Was Zimmerman getting pounded into the ground like a nail to a 2x4 like his wounds suggest and one witness has now said he personally saw with Trayvon on top?

I think #1 answers whether self defense applies at all as Missouri's law on the matter is clear. If you provoked what followed, defense is a very relative thing to claim. I call that logical.

Then #2 defines whether I think it was a tragic escalation of events that was unintended by the one who was armed here ...or a deliberate decision to consciously shoot Trayvon. (As opposed to the blur of adrenaline and heat of the moment of going a little spacey from being bounded off concrete). The trial is helping with hearing it all, to be sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
!. Yes I have been watching the trial

2. No

3. I think they were about even.

4. The prosecution is doing ok.

5. I think the defense is gaining ground right now in the trial.

6. He does have wounds from that day...I am just not too sure as yet...how he got them.

7. I think the jury having 6 females on it does not matter either way; I think they will be fair.

8. I am not too sure about her as yet.

9. I am not decided about him as yet.

10. I really don't know...I decided not to read about this in the press.

11. I did not have a definite opinion beforehand...and I am (at this time) undecided now.

12. If he is (not convicted) I do not see a bright future for him; there will always be many people who will be against him; and I suspect some of them may practice their own form of justice regarding him; he will never feel safe; and he will always be looking over his shoulder.

13. I really cannot give a yes or no answer at this time. (the trial is still ongoing)

14. Very possible there will be a statement.

15. Yes

16. I think this whole circumstance...is a two-edged sword.

17. I hope not.

18. Most likely

19. I really don't know

20. Probably

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think that the important part of this trial will come after the verdict.
I think that Zimmerman will be acquitted.
What the reaction to the verdict, if he is acquitted, will be the big story.... if the reaction is like the '92 LA riots.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Boy I hope not...but I remember the 92 riots and have a hard time picturing anything different.

Especially with our current 24/7 news media, social media, twitter etc..

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
1 - Are you watching the Zimmerman trial?
Yes
Innocent Until Proven Guilty
Other, it was the - Guilty of Stupidity but you can't prosecute that, until i found out that they were using a baby photo of Martin, that told me his folk's lawyer sharpton , jackson or even his folks were up to no good. you know good and well they had a more recent photo of him, why use a old childhood photo, instead of one of what he really looked like when it happened.
3 - Opening Statements?
Score for Defense.
4 - Prosecution so far?
- Doing a lousy job. they have all but proven the defense theory, and gave them a not guilty verdict.
5 - Defense so far?
- Doing a great job. both lawyers have done a great job at cross, especially the bald head dude.

6 - Zimmermans wounds?
- Inflicted by Martin, to think other wise after all the testimony would be foolish.
7 - The jury is 6 females
- Doesn't mean anything. never can tell about jury's, sure some might have the, " mother instinct", but then some may not.
- Not credible you could tell she was playing a game, trying not to say the wrong thing and having to admit that she had lied. and all that about being traumatized and being uneducated, what a joke. you could tell she had street smarts and knew exactly what was going on.
- Credible ( very ). he was very clear with his answers and he didn't back down even when the prosecution tried to put words in his mouth.
matched, John Good dead on the money, Jeantel , along with the other witness bits and pieces.
it has strengthened my belief that he is innocence.
- Make $$ off law suits against NBC and Black Panthers .. and write a book. there maybe even a movie, i also think that he will have to move out of sanford, or maybe even out of the state of florida.
No, there is no way to prove who statred what. all testimony backs his story and that he is telling the truth, and who can say if he feared for his life other than him.
i think obama will come out and say his son who would look like tryvon, got no justice and shame on the people in sanford and the state of florida, just like when he didin't get his way on the gun bill.
Yes and No, i think there might be some in sanford and maybe tryvons home town of miami, but else where no.
if it does happen in the areas i speak of, it will be the ones who just want to start sh@@, and not the clear level thinking people.
it won't help, if guilty or not guilty, it could hurt, but it ultimately won't change anything, there are people on both sides that are always gonna hate regardless of the outcome.
can't say. haven't seen enough about him to make up my mind.
most defenitly Yes, already seen what i need for the answer to that one.
19 - George Zimmerman talk circuit for 2nd Amendment Rights. Coming soon? Yes or no
again can't say. haven't seen enough about him to make up my mind.
depends on who gets to whispering into the ears of some people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join