It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remake it already. Make it new.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
I'd like an updated Legend, I love fantasy movies.

Willow would be great to.

Heresy. You can't remake Willow.

I don't care if they bring trolls to life or use CGI from 200 years in the future. No way you are going to improve on that movie or even come close to the original.

Some things should be left alone.

Although I'd like to see it remastered in the theatres again. (The Original)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
I'd like an updated Legend, I love fantasy movies.

Willow would be great to.

Heresy. You can't remake Willow.

I don't care if they bring trolls to life or use CGI from 200 years in the future. No way you are going to improve on that movie or even come close to the original.

Some things should be left alone.

Although I'd like to see it remastered in the theatres again. (The Original)

Lol, I'm sorry!

May the gods forgive me.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Who crapped in you guys corn flakes? Cripes, we're discussing remakes. Don't like it? There are other threads. Jeez.

To those discussing this, I know that Jaws is awesome. I didn't think that True Grit would be better than the original but it was. I'd like to see what they could do.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Who crapped in you guys corn flakes? Cripes, we're discussing remakes. Don't like it? There are other threads. Jeez.

To those discussing this, I know that Jaws is awesome. I didn't think that True Grit would be better than the original but it was. I'd like to see what they could do.
Remake of "Jaws"?......
This thought comes to mind,

"I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world as it is is vexing enough"
(my favorite quote from the 2010 "True Grit")
edit on 29-6-2013 by grubblesnert because: nothin'fancy

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

T&C's Mod, T&C's.

XOXOXOXOXOXO
edit on 29-6-2013 by Magister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

M. Bison voice: Yes! YES! I loved that movie too...mrweebl on youtube made an excellent cartoon based on the film to support savinh the badgers i England (Brian Blessed's in there too)

I'm actually writing a treatment for a semi-remake of Man of La Mancha with some Mel Brooks humour.

If any film-inclined posters want to proofread the script, just pm me if interested.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
One film that is very apt even today but the original looks very dated is

SOYLENT GREEN

This needs to be done.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Wow, what a contribution. Do you have a film that you would like remade?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

IDK if they could remake SG. It was a 70's look at our generation and it wasn't too far off the mark. If they did I see Gerard Butler in Heston's roll.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Magister

Wow, what a contribution. Do you have a film that you would like remade?

As I said before, I don't like remakes. There is nothing that I can think of that I would like a remake of. They generally trade quality and style, for action and special effects.

I just thought of one remake I did love. The Three Musketeers with Michael York.

BTW I don't eat cornflakes. Monsanto crapped in them!
edit on 29-6-2013 by Magister because: addition

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Quint? Gotta go with Jeff Bridges again. He plays crusty well. Hooper? Johnny Depp. Nuff said. Brody? I don't know why but I see Vince Vaughn in this roll.

Intrepid,
I must disagree! This scene was one of cinema's finest. Pure magic. Bridges, Depp and Vaughn in their finest form could not even hope to pull this off. Not in a million years.
Bridges is a great actor. Depp is good, but way overrated. Vince Vaughn as Brody??

Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies,
Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Enough with the remakes already
reply to post by Spacespider

I have to agree with you. They need to stop reinventing the wheel. A classic is a classic. Hollywood needs to start using their own creativity and imagination instead of relying on re-makes. We can probably say that about music too.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Sometimes though they can re imagine a movie and make it better.
Dawn of the dead remake (2004) was one of the best remakes I have ever seen.
I think that the older we get we look back on certain films with a lot of emotion (remembered seeing it when it came out etc) but as the younger generation grows up they may view that film as old and so producers try to up date the same story for a newer generation.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm not real sure why, but a couple days ago, I was thinking about a new 'Gilligan's Island' with the cast of 'Grown Ups'.

I don't know about the women, but maybe....

Rob Schneider = Gilligan
Kevin James = The Skipper
Adam Sandler = Thurston Howell III
David Spade = Professor

Then there were also a few different recurring characters.
Chris Rock would probably be good as the little Japanese guy with thick glasses.
Steve Buscemi might make a good Jungle Boy.

reply to post by slowisfast

Originally posted by slowisfast

You can't remake Jaws. It's near perfect, imo. If Spielberg had his way the first time, the movie would have been crap and we wouldn't be having this conversation. The issues with Bruce, the mechanical shark, forced him to shoot the movie in a different way, which made it that much more terrifying. It was the first summer blockbuster and is a league of it's own....

Have you seen 'The Shark is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of Jaws'?

[color=8AC6DB]After three decades, Jaws continues to intrigue, thrill and frighten viewers. This documentary focuses on the many ways Jaws has helped to shape common elements of pop culture.

They also talk quite a bit about the various problems they had while making the movie. Before watching that documentary, I knew nothing about this, but apparently "The shark is not working" had become quite a common phrase.

It's interesting, and worth watching.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
They recently announced a reboot of the Terminator trilogy. That'll be interesting I think.

As for one I'd like to see remade: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. (Timothy Olyphant, Daniel Craig, Luis Guzman)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Brewster's Millions (remake of a remake)

People love to watch someone throw money away.

I think it could do well.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Be careful what you ask for....I'm sure we can all give examples of movies that were remade than were all big let downs.the main one for me is growing up I LOVED Then Land of the Lost. I had already bought bootlegs DVDs of the series and and VHS offered by the official manufacturer. Years later I heard it was coming out and I was stoked, then finally when it was released.....well I was really let down. Sometimes it's better to keep the fond memories and leave well enough alone.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Beetlejuice, Made well before its time!

Remake it!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'd like to see a remake of "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" only with Sharks.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I'd like to see a remake of "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" only with Sharks.

Hell yeah!

And lots of explosives!

Michael Bay to direct!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join