It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone see the HUGE flash of light over Kansas City a couple days ago?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have a friend over in Colorado, she wrote me on facebook saying " a lady i work with has a daughter that lives in kansas city. last night she was sitting on her porch around 9 -10 pm. For a few minutes within that time a HUGE light in the sky illuminated everything around them. there were rays shooting all over the sky. etc etc.. can't find anything on the news. wanted you to know. " . I also looked up whether anyone talked about the sighting online or recorded it, and found nothing. So, I was wondering if anyone that lives near that area saw something as strange as this recently?
edit on 28-6-2013 by Puresk1lls because: forgot to fill in about the subject.

edit on 28-6-2013 by Puresk1lls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Puresk1lls

Yes! One of my FB friends posted the following picture last night. This was taken in Blue Springs, just east of KC, about 9pm.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 321equinox

That's a beautiful and usual at dusk illumination pattern in the sky.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

YES! Well I think so...a friend and I were on a trip to North dakota. Around 9pm on Wednesday the 26th we were traveling east on highway 18, approximately 15-30 minutes from Lusk, WY. While driving directly east according to the vehicles compass, we saw what appeared to be like two jet streams of smoke coming from circular/round object falling from the sky only briefly before being blocked behind a plateau. Which only after half a second or so followed an enormous bright light-blue flash coming from the south east direction. Covering almost half of my visible sight. Ive been trying to search all day for anything and came up with nothing. Im on ATS everyday but for some reason just got on and sure as hell, someone had a similar sight!

Anyone else?!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamLucid

This sounds very much like the description of some sort of Bolide event.

en.wikipedia.org...

Witnesses often describe either seeing the actual object, before a eye buggeringly bright light washes out all detail, or simply report the enormous flash. Night turns to day under the glare of some of the brightest examples.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Could be that, or it could be ALIENS!?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamLucid

I posted about my sighting of 2 very large and illuminating meteorites on the night of the 26th yesterday in a thread about a meteor over Nebraska on the same night, they lit up the night sky like it was daylight. I live east of Bismarck ND and spend many nights out in the field looking at the night sky but these were brighter than anything I've ever seen, they sky was lit up for a good 20-30 seconds.

We also had an extremely active night of Aurora's last night, in fact as late as 1 am, well past sunset and the time you would normally see the evening glow from the sun, the sky north of us was lit up like the evening sun glow you get about 30 mins after sunset.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Well, without the time and energy to go hunting through innumerable websites, agencies and so on to find out if any meteor activity was reported in the effected area, I would have to say that any damned thing is possible. It could have been Jesus Christ about to return, but realising he forgot his house keys and going back to hunt through his laundry for them for all I know.

However, the description fits that of a bolide event, so until I hear a much better idea that makes some manner of scientific sense, I would go with that for the moment.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I live in KC and I haven't seen anything lately. We have had lots of rain and some crazy lightening the last few weeks. I will try to keep a look out though.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I lawd, I hope it's something extraordinary.

top topics

join