It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'm done with ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Haven't decided yet, but considering leaving ATS.

Its not the stories--the constant flow of news rocks. I love it.

I love the friends I've made... hell, even the rivals, I love em.

But, I've been getting involved in little bits of political activism lately, and I think its a little strange that posting my events (even with disclaimers saying I'm not trying to rally folks) on a big conspiracy website is somehow against the rules.

No offense intended here. But what is a point of a website so big, which holds influence over a lot of conspirators and activists, if posting such causes is against their rules?

So, we're all supposed to sit on the internet and theorize, without doing anything about what we're theorizing about? I understand the rules, but the ATS disposition seems to almost discourage any real activism done by its members.

Sorry. Not trying to whine here... but I'm starting to get involved with things, things very important to me, and the fact that you can't share them on ATS--the biggest conspiracy site on the web--is extremely dissapointing.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

they only want us here to keep tabs on us.

maybe reach out to people via u2u and go from there in finding other ways to communicate, something less watched by the abc boys

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I can relate to your sentiments, not so much with ATS but I have been in your position with other web based discussion sites. I did finally drop out of several of those sites because the fact that either you couldn't post such items or no one really seemed interested in doing anything other than discussion even though the sites promoted active involvement in the political, social, economic spectrum.

I do sometimes wonder why ATS doesn't allow such posts considering the wealth of knowledge and information the members here have. However then I do realize that ATS also has an interest in protecting the quality of their site and thus the reason for such terms.

I do love the ATS community and the discussions that we get involved here and do consider ATS to be a circle of friends. The decision to leave is yours only to make but I would like to make a suggestion if I may. Like you I am active in several organizations that are politically active and I have decided that ATS is too valuable a resource to walk away from so I use information I find here at ATS to further the cause in the other organizations I am involved in. Perhaps you could do the same and let your activity on this site further your involvement in other organizations.

Just my 2 cents and it's ultimately your decision to make. If you do decide to leave though I wish you luck in your endeavors.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I understand your frustration.

However, asking ATS members to help you 'organize' a petition or rally is recruiting for your cause, regardless if you are actually trying to get ATS members to attend your event.

ATS & Activism

That link explains it pretty well IMO. Rules are rules and based on staff consensus it was determined that organization is the same as participation. If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to file an alert or contact on the mods, including myself, directly.

Thread Closed.

ETA: As a side note, ATS doesn't allow links to personal FB pages or events either for this purpose.

~Tenth
ATS Mod
edit on 6/28/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join