It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: This 4th Let's Celebrate 'Health Independence'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Heath independence?

Oh really Pelosi?

Next week, when we celebrate Independence Day we’ll also be observing health independence,” Pelosi told reporters today. This week marks one year since the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act. It captures the spirit of our founders,” she added, citing the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence.”So, we’ve had Social Security, Medicare, and now health independence, so that’s something our members will take home to celebrate over this Independence Day.”

www.ijreview.com...

Alternative Link

It captures the 'spirit of our founders' ?

Government force to buy a corporate product is the 'spirit of our founders?

What the hell?

Next part:

“If Paul Revere were here today, we would need someone like him to be running through the streets saying, ‘sequester is coming! This is very fundamentally important to the success of our country, to the survival of many here, to the strength of our military as well as to the success of our economy.”

Hey Pelosi the care act covering people that already can't afford to pay for health insurance doesn't add 'success' to the economy because that cash ends up in healthcare corporate pocket's according to some say that don't pay taxes.

The care act is the pinnacle of a tyrannical corporate dictatorship the founders would tell you to go stuff it Pelosi.

Earth to Pelosi, Earth to Pelosi what planet are you on?

Cause it sure the hell isn't this one.

Social Security, and Medicare?

Are DEPENDENCE programs the anti thesis of independence.
edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Talk about completely clueless...

The "Founders" were for small Government.

This is a joke....How many women were among our Founders?

This feeble attempt to rewrite this Nation's history is mind numbing.

Our Founder's wisdom is proven correct every single day.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yea, just don't say that to people who need those programs in order to survive.

Or to the people who have worked all their lives, putting money into social security, and then (I know, outrageously) expect a payoff from their investment.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Thank you for proving exactly how wrong Pelosi is as that is the epitome of DEPENDENCE.

AND

Considering the SCOTUS that ruled the care act as a TAX see Boston Teaparty for what the founders thought of taxes.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Considering the SCOTUS that ruled the care act as a TAX see Boston Teaparty for what the founders thought of taxes.

Just taxes? Really, and to think that the founding fathers wrote taxes into the Constitution specifically Article I Section 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Or was it the problem was taxation without representation?

The Tea Party was the culmination of a resistance movement throughout British America against the Tea Act, which had been passed by the British Parliament in 1773. Colonists objected to the Tea Act because they believed that it violated their rights as Englishmen to "No taxation without representation," that is, be taxed only by their own elected representatives and not by a British parliament in which they were not represented. Protesters had successfully prevented the unloading of taxed tea in three other colonies, but in Boston, embattled Royal Governor Thomas Hutchinson refused to allow the tea to be returned to Britain.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The founding fathers were guess what?

ALL about FREEDOM FROM GOVERNMENT not making people dependent upon it for their existence.

End of story.

The Government was given the power of taxation to fund itself NOT US so that general welfare was the power given to itself to function properly.

Now what are social programs?

Dependence programs that are a detriment to this people, and the functioning of the government.

Hence the complete opposite of the 'founders spirit'.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Long time ago people used to burn alive ugly b!tches talking non sense, after make them confess pact with devil.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The founding fathers were guess what?

ALL about FREEDOM FROM GOVERNMENT not making people dependent upon it for their existence.

No, the founding fathers were all about the freedom from monarchy, not government, if they were all about freedom from government, they wouldn't have established one.

The Government was given the power of taxation to fund itself NOT US so that general welfare was the power given to itself to function properly.

It's in the nation's best interest for the government to ensure the general welfare of the nation so that we don't have an episode like the French Revolution. You would tell the poor to eat cake.

Now what are social programs?

Dependence programs that are a detriment to this people, and the functioning of the government.

To some maybe, to others it's a necessary thing to get ones self to a place they can be self sufficient, or in some cases just able to live.

But I suppose to you, those who are disabled or too old to work should just starve to death and die.

Hence the complete opposite of the 'founders spirit'.

Which you have no idea of.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What a traitorous shrew. She doesn't want her healthcare impacted by this scam, that's for damn sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No, the founding fathers were all about the freedom from monarchy, not government, if they were all about freedom from government, they wouldn't have established one.

Ridiculous NO that is the exact REASON behind the CONSTITUTION founders thought welfare programs were a great idea THEY would have created them 200 years ago.

THEY DIDN"T.

It's in the nation's best interest for the government to ensure the general welfare of the nation so that we don't have an episode like the French Revolution. You would tell the poor to eat cake.

Corporate products, and robing from peter to pay Paul so the mass's can go out and buy corporate products is in this nations 'best interest'.

NO.

To some maybe, to others it's a necessary thing to get ones self to a place they can be self sufficient, or in some cases just able to live.

Yeah it's 'necessary' for government to keep the sheep enslaved to it hold that over their heads for no reason other than power and control.

But I suppose to you, those who are disabled or too old to work should just starve to death and die.

Nice hyperbole and vitriol the standard go to 'emotional' response.

Which you have no idea of.

Awesome another personal attack.

We done here?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This fourth I suppose we could celebrate our last 4th of July with health independence.

R.I.P.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Or to the people who have worked all their lives, putting money into social security, and then (I know, outrageously) expect a payoff from their investment.

That's an argument to abolish social security actually. In favor of people having the choice to invest their own hard earned money into a market with a reasonable rate of increase and return.
edit on 28-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by neo96

This fourth I suppose we could celebrate our last 4th of July with health independence.

R.I.P.

I don't even celebrate the 4th what's the point really?

We just traded 1 tyrant 3000 miles away for 536 tyrant's on Capitol Hill.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Thank you for proving exactly how wrong Pelosi is as that is the epitome of DEPENDENCE.

AND

Didn't the admin argue for almost a year that the ACA was NOT a tax??

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by neo96

R.I.P.

I don't even celebrate the 4th what's the point really?

We just traded 1 tyrant 3000 miles away for 536 tyrant's on Capitol Hill.

Missin some good BBQs there my man.

edit on 28-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's an argument to abolish social security actually. In favor of people having the choice to invest their own hard earned money into a market with a reasonable rate of increase and return.

And not have to wait 40 years to collect it, and beg government to get it.

Yeah that's some 'independence'.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yes they did just like they said Social Security, and Medicare are not 'taxes'.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Can you copy/paste "healthcare" in article 1 section 8?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yes they did just like they said Social Security, and Medicare are not 'taxes'.

But then they did a total 180 and argued before the SCOTUS that the ACA was in fact a tax?

Rather sad they had a program so good and wanted by the American people that they had to lie about it for over a year. Good business model there.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
well here she is on youtube...

""Pelosi: Celebrate Obamacare on July 4""

what an act.

She would make a great circus attraction !!

I wonder what she did on the 4th of July in this year?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join