It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets in the Bible explain why we are not content with our “elected” governments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Whether we want to attribute something to a god or an alien, we must first exhaust all UN-grandiose possibilities. We are in awe of what man was able to accomplish thousands of years ago, mysteries that we, the modern man, aren't able to do. Well, just six hundred years ago the gun was invented. Tell me, if the knowledge of gun-making and mixing of gun powder vanished, how many billions of people today would know how to create these things?
I agree that we need to exhaust all UN-grandiose possibilities. But if even "modern man, aren't able to do" such accomplishments, then what un-grandiose possibility is left?

Remember, these were people who had no functional writing, no telesecopes, no knowledge of math, no sewer, no plumbing, no metal chains, no vehicles. Life must have been hard for them, yet they were willing to construct buildings that required resources on a truly grandiose scale.

As to your "thought experiment", if nobody had invented gun powder until now, we would be living in a more primitive manner than we are able to do with it.

If modern engineers and scientists say, This must have been done by aliens, and the Bible says, There were aliens, I believe the Bible is correct.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

I'm not convinced that all gods were aliens.

Ancient peoples used the idea of a "God" to explain anything that they didn't know where it came from.
Okay, but you are not addressing my Bible quotes or my conclusions I draw from them.

If they were not caused by God, then what caused them? I am not focusing on 'Natural phenomena'. I am focusing on Governments and Religions presenting a false pretense of being benevolent towards people, when in reality serving another master. Humans typically consider themselves to be in control of these institutions when in reality they are not.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

1) “shepards”: Governments make themselves appear benevolent but really serve the interests of the powers that have absolute control over them.

Th 5:2 “Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then suddenly destruction is to be instantly upon them.” Mt 6:9 Our Father in heaven, your kingdom come, on earth,

God's day hasn't come yet. The system we have will be replaced by God's when then the timing is right.

2) “Jesus”: Religious myths are being used to manipulate us into serfdom.

1Cor 16:2 “Let each of you set something aside in store as he may be prospering, so that… I shall send to carry your kind gifts to Jerusalem.” Mt 10:34 “Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth, I came to put, not peace, but a sword. For I came to cause division.”

Jesus is God. He came for many reasons and one of them was to bring division to force people to choose between good and evil. Follow his will or the will of another.

3) “God”: Aliens created our civilizations by controlling our governments and religions.

Eph 2:19 You are no longer strangers and alien residents, but you are fellow citizens of the holy … God. Ez 1:19 When the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go. 2:3 He said: Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against me. 1Cor 1:8 You (men) have already begun ruling as kings without us (God’s apostles).

I suggest reading the KJV of Ephesians 2:19...

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

The term "aliens" is only used to describe foreigners and strangers in the Bible.

However, the books of Enoch suggest that at one time God sent angels as princes to assist kings in ruling early nations. Some of these angels supposedly taught people "secrets and majick" and encouraged people to worship them instead of God. It is suggested that these angels were chained in the abyss for leading nations astray. These are referred to as "fallen angels". They too were given free will like man.

The Bible talks about the "principalities of darkness" who reside in high places that are still trying to lead our governments and people astray and away from God.

The purpose in allowing all of this to happen is to get people to turn back to God to lead them. God is proving that imperfect man is not capable of ruling anything without getting puffed up and led astray by these principalities of darkness. Only with God's help can it be corrected.

The time will come when God will step in and take over to correct it in order to prove to man the error of his ways. He will prove to man that we always needed him as a Savior in order to save us from ourselves. Without his guidance, we will continue down the path of destruction.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Again, the metaphor seems to goes over your head.

Lambs are food. Lambs are sacrificed. Jesus is the shepherd who leads the lamb to be sacrificed and the lamb, who we are to follow.

That's not the metaphor the authors were aiming at whatsoever. A good shepherd sacrifices himself for the flock, leads them to good pasture lands and water, and protects them from harm from predators.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Why would a shepherd lead a lamb to slaughter?

Because it is used as a sacrifice, not for its meat or wool. This is not something they want to talk about because lamb means child-sheep, and sheep means people. They are rreferring to sacrificing human children.

See link above.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Nope, just men seeking power and willing to abuse anyone and everyone, even murder them to achieve it. Just men doing what they have always done.
Nope, Alexander would not have been able to conquer the entire known world by age 30 just by abusing people. He will get stabbed in the back by his body guards long before having millions of square miles. How could he even control that?

In his case, he was an inspiration to his warriors, and he had Ptolomy and Selucid backing him. He was also loved by his people. The jews in his time took him the Tenach and showed him where he was in prophecy, but after he died and the Selucid empire came into being, the jews wanted rid of the greeks because they were Hellenizing them, so they invited the Romans in to get rid of them, except it didn't work.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Again, the metaphor seems to goes over your head.

Lambs are food. Lambs are sacrificed. Jesus is the shepherd who leads the lamb to be sacrificed and the lamb, who we are to follow.

That's not the metaphor the authors were aiming at whatsoever. A good shepherd sacrifices himself for the flock, leads them to good pasture lands and water, and protects them from harm from predators.

For selfish reasons.

edit on 29-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

How is it selfish to protect a sheep from wolves and heyena? Or to lead them to green grass and water in an arid climate?

What selfish reasons?? Are you confusing the shepherd with the owner of the sheep or farm? The shepherd is a hired hand, not the owner of the sheep.
edit on 29-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

How is it selfish to protect a sheep from wolves and heyena? Or to lead them to green grass and water in an arid climate?

There is nothing inherently evil in a wolf, lion, bear or heyena eating a sheep. The shepherds are (selfishly) protecting their own food and income source.

What selfish reasons?? Are you confusing the shepherd with the owner of the sheep or farm? The shepherd is a hired hand, not the owner of the sheep

In the case that the shepherd may be a hired hand, he is hired to protect the interests of the sheep owner, who will sell the sheep for food and sacrifices. The hired hand has no personal invested interest in the well being of the sheep outside of his professional duty to his boss.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You didn't read the earlier link huh?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Nope. If there is something you want me to read, post it, quote it.

You just don't get it. Shepherds are people who are protecting their own interests, which in this case are animals, not people. Sheep were used by humans for food, sacrifices and clothing. Human's should not be comfortable to allow themselves to be compared to animals being led by something that is not the same species as them, and who are using them for food, sacrifices and clothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I already specified the section under the subheading "history". It's against the T&C to post more than a paragraph of text. And I don't fail to get anything. You are wholly ignorant to what a shepherd is and what he does. And that ignorance manifests is a total failure to understand the reason Christ uses "good Shepherd" as a metaphor for Himself.

And again, the sheep's owner would have the sheep for that reason. You're confusing the owner with the shepherd who's job was to protect the sheep and lead them to the pasture and water sources. Sacrificing himself and his wants and desires in the process.
edit on 29-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I already specified the section under the subheading "history". It's against the T&C to post more than a paragraph of text.

No it's not!

Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I don't fail to get anything. You are wholly ignorant to what a shepherd is and what he does. And that ignorance manifests is a total failure to understand the reason Christ uses "good Shepherd" as a metaphor for Himself.

Shepherding isn't that complex. From you link:

Shepherding is one of the oldest occupations, beginning some 6,000 years ago in Asia Minor. Sheep were kept for their milk, meat and especially their wool. Over the next millennia, sheep and shepherding spread throughout Eurasia. Henri Fleisch tentatively suggested the Shepherd Neolithic industry of Lebanon may date to the Epipaleolithic and that it may have been used by one of the first cultures of nomadic shepherds in the Beqaa Valley.

In many societies, shepherds were an important part of the economy. Unlike farmers, shepherds were often wage earners, being paid to watch the sheep of others. Shepherds also lived apart from society, being largely nomadic. It was mainly a job of solitary males without children, and new shepherds thus needed to be recruited externally. Shepherds were most often the younger sons of farming peasants who did not inherit any land
en.m.wikipedia.org...

There! Now I'm ignorant no more!

And again, the sheep's owner would have the sheep for that reason.

What reason is that?

You're confusing the owner with the shepherd who's job was to protect the sheep and lead them to the pasture and water sources. Sacrificing himself and his wants and desires in the process.

Soldiers sacrifice themselves. Shepherds don't. There is nothing holy in and no sacrifice in doing a job that you are paid to do. The shepherds job is babysit livestock, that is used for food, sacrifices and clothing, on behalf of his boss, in exchange for money.

Aligning one's self with a livestock animal that is USED by humans as food, sacrifice and clothing is nothing to be proud of.

edit on 29-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

he was an inspiration to his warriors, and he had Ptolomy and Selucid backing him. He was also loved by his people.
How do you know this? What did Alexander inspire them with? Even with two people backing him, How can he send armies thousands of miles away and they still murder and die for him? It seems more likely that "out of sight is out of mind", especially in those days. I have not yet heard or read a rational explanation that passes the "smell test".

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Sheep were used by humans for food, sacrifices and clothing.
Do you not agree that the term"sheep" is used allegorically to mean humans?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Not in a good way. It comes from the sign of Aries, the Ram. Jesus, actually should be, and is, more aligned with symbol of the fish, because he was the "savior" God of the age of Pisces, while Moses was the savior during the age of Aries.

Animal sacrifice was done away with during the early age of Pisces, and the water ritual of baptism for forgiveness became the vogue. The death of lamb of God is symbolic, not literal, in my opinion. We should never let ourselves be identified as sheep.

edit on 30-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
You are just taking a bunch of "scary" verses out of context and piecing them together so that it seems apocalyptic or whatever. This doesn't make sense, this is how new denominations are started which cause division.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

1) “shepards”: Governments make themselves appear benevolent but really serve the interests of the powers that have absolute control over them. Th 5:2 “Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then suddenly destruction is to be instantly upon them.”
God's day hasn't come yet. The system we have will be replaced by God's when then the timing is right.
That is why I am saying they make themselves APPEAR benevolent. When the time is here, they always prove to be what they are, tyranny. If you want to call the one that has absolute control over the governments “God”, that is what it is.

2) “Jesus”: Religious myths are being used to manipulate us into serfdom.
Jesus is God. He came for many reasons and one of them was to bring division to force people to choose between good and evil.
If he causes division, then is he not the evil one? Clearly, by doing this he is deceiving. Deceiving us into choosing “good”. How does that give us “free will”? No free will but serfdom.

3) “God”: Aliens created our civilizations by controlling our governments and religions.
KJV of Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
The term "aliens" is only used to describe foreigners and strangers in the Bible.
He is not talking about strangers. Ep 2:22 “You are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his spirit.” We may disagree on the interpretation, but what he says is, When God “inhabits” us (his “dwelling”) we become part of his “household” and thereby we are no longer foreign (or alien). The same is true the other way around, God is foreign (or alien) to men until they provide the dwelling.

Ephesians also mentions the “sacred secret”. Do you know what it is?

The Bible talks about the "principalities of darkness" who reside in high places that are still trying to lead our governments and people astray
And the Bible supports them to do just that. It says that even if the master is unreasonable, the slave must not complain. (sorry I could not find the quote)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by honested3

You are just taking a bunch of "scary" verses out of context and piecing them together so that it seems apocalyptic or whatever. This doesn't make sense, this is how new denominations are started which cause division.
I am doing exactly the same thing as your priest in church, use a few verses to prove a point.

Show me how I am taking them out of context. To the contrary, I am putting them INTO context. It is funny you accuse me of causing "division", considering my earlier quote.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I understand what you're trying to do here, but I have to disagree about God believing in Freedom by putting such secrets in The BIble.

The bible has verses contradicting what you said, like here for example:

"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves." - Romans 13:1-2

The Bible tells people to obey the government and to be content with them as they were put there by God and anyone who rebels is basically another Lucifer

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join