It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Rentboy and Satanism Claims Revealed by Paedophile Priest Don Patrizio Poggi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Read carefully and try to take in what I'm saying.
When I was coming up in the seventies, ( 77 grad ) if
someone would have come to me with this question.

How many Catholic priests do you believe might possibly be pedaphiles ?
Out of all of them the world over I would have said maybe twenty, thirty at the
most with the better half hold up in the closet.

Today we see how wrong I would have been, correct ?

Now take that same question and apply it to congressmen, police officers, judges, lawyers, doctors, monarchs,
etc. etc. etc.

I promise, I wouldn't be as far off as I was in the seventies..

Comprende ?

edit on 28-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Let me get this straight... ATS is up in arms because a convicted pedophile that most likely does hold a grudge against the Church has made allegations. The front page of this thread is full of people gleefully wishing rape and pain on people based on the words of a convicted pedophile with an axe to grind.

Do I think there are a large number of pedophiles in the Catholic Church. Yes. Does that mean that we should automatically believe every allegation? Of course not.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
FYI The guy just got arrested for slander. It seems he made it all up.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thank you for posting this - I am a Child Abuse Whistleblower/ Ex Cop Whistleblower and have made it to Federal Court in Australia - on my own and unrepresented. Let's just say that I am the Applicant and the Respondent is a part of the Catholic Church.

Let me also state this - The Catholic Church does not have enough money to purchase my silence. I know I am not the only person fighting to protect abused Children. Thank you again for sharing this news - just makes me more determined to continue.

The fact they targeted Children - vulnerable already - but the starving and...I have to maintain my intellect to win this battle - please know that by reading this thread - I am feeling stronger and more determined.

Much Peace...to every Child everywhere - justice is coming...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Let me get this straight... ATS is up in arms because a convicted pedophile that most likely does hold a grudge against the Church has made allegations. The front page of this thread is full of people gleefully wishing rape and pain on people based on the words of a convicted pedophile with an axe to grind.

I believe it's the "Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend" mentality and it's spreading like a plague for something people see as acceptable means to the ends. Some hate the Catholic Church more than the individual Pedophiles that we've all seen have been hiding within it. So, oddly, yeah. It seems the word of one of the lowest forms of human scum society can produce (A pedophile hiding with religious authority) is reliable to believe in this case.

Really weird logic, isn't it? I hadn't even touched the part about Satanic rituals inside the Holy See. Errr... Well, it would make a wild book plot (and has a few times).

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's time for a good ole fashion pervert hunt!! Light the torches, grab the pitchforks, and burn the steeples.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Its a crime ring, that might not fit with your understanding
of the Vatican...however its nothing new. Its a game of chess...
this is not the first time its happened, nor will it be the last.

hosted.ap.org...

Its all there....

The latest corruption scandal to hit the Holy See unraveled in public on Friday as Monsignor Nunzio Scarano, a Vatican accountant, was arrested in the customs-dodging Swiss bank case. He is also under investigation in a separate case of alleged money-laundering involving his Vatican bank account......

Three people were arrested on Friday: Scarano, a onetime banker who was recently suspended from his job in the Vatican's main finance office, Italian financier Giovanni Carenzio and Giovanni Zito, who until recently was a member of the Italian military police's agency for security and information.

According to wiretapped conversations, the three allegedly plotted to smuggle in some 20 million euros in cash that Carenzio held in a Swiss bank account without declaring it to authorities at the airport
abcnews.go.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Really, any thinking person has to ask the question, where are they getting this money?
20 million in cash, Is it not connected to sex, drugs and other illicit activities?

You have heard of 'money laundering' ?
Or, maybe they have taken it from the poor as the news outlets have hinted?

Again, for clarification this is not The Catholic Church we are speaking about,
this is The Vatican's bank, and its officials, huge difference
edit on 28-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Not trying to start a conspiracy on a conspiracy site, but the police were supposedly involved in the abductions.

You may be totally right though.
edit on 28-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It seems very popular lately, especially around these parts, for people to just blindly accept any news that reinforces their beliefs. I'm willing to get this thread get's pretty large, and I highly doubt there's going to be much mention of the accuser getting arrested, or the arrest by ROMAN police will be used to make more conspiracy theories, they surely must ALL have been in on it too.

Link Run Through Google Translate

The priest suspended from divine orders who had denounced an alleged pedophilia scandal in the Roman Curia has been arrested for slander. Don Patrizio Poggi had denounced to the Roman police force what he called a "criminal organization devoted to recruiting boys, even minors, to make them act as prostitutes" with representatives of the Roman clergy. The enquiries of the investigative unit of the Roman police, however, have "demonstrated how Poggi conceived and carried out a slanderous plan, outlining situations that were untruthful or in any case based on mere hearsay", "as being animated by resentment for personal reasons towards several prelates accused by him of enjoying paid gay sexual services with minors."

And Here's Another

"I wish I had killed them." — So said [Poggi] in an intercepted telephone call with his mother, words quoted in the order for his arrest. His hatred for the priests and monsignors "accused [by Poggi] of framing him in the judicial affair in which he was involved for prostitution by minors" was so great that, if he had the economic means, he would have "killed them and they wouldn't even know why."

Grabbed those links from a top comment on the Reddit thread.
edit on 28-6-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowphile

The first paragraph of the OP story talks about the Vatican using "Rentboys". A quick look-up of the term "Rent Boy makes the meaning pretty clear. Now we can debate if the boys really were professionals or not but that is definitely how the story is portraying it. It's simply using a name not as commonly recognized by many as prostitute or jigalo.
edit on 28-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Changed wording a bit for tone

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That's fine, but really has nothing to do with what I was saying. I don't hold the Vatican in high regard.

I take issue with people blindly believing accusations, in this case of pedophilia, especially when the source is pissed at the accused and himself a convicted pedophile.

This isn't to say I'm going to outright discount what's been said, but I'm certainly not going to blindly believe the accusations because it fits my agenda, and then wish harm (hypocritically) on the accused before they've even been tried.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The article was awfully weird on that point. They were apparently starving, and lied to but the fact that they were paid rather well and found outside of a gay bar sort of indicates they were prostitutes, along with the term rentboy.

I believe most often people, especially young people that turn to prostitution are in a very bad place, and it's awful to take advantage of that. At the same time, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say they were being raped or molested (if you take out the age issue which I haven't seen established).

I like you Wrabbit, you're always reasonable and take the time to write well authored replies and it's obvious you weigh all sides of an issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

That's fine, but really has nothing to do with what I was saying. I don't hold the Vatican in high regard.

Ah, but it has everthing to do with what your saying.

Look, I am not for witch hunts, and I would be first in line to defend the majority
of Catholics on most of lifes finer qualities, but you cant be blind mate.

Please ....just do a cursory on what a crime ring is....look up the P2, they are real.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Crime rings launder money, and where there is a crime ring, there is sex.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It really doesn't have anything to do with my point. I'm not saying I don't think the Catholic Church is corrupt or that there are untold numbers of sex scandals and crimes going on.

Again, my point is jumping to conclusions based on one man's testimony, and then promoting violence against people who have yet to be convicted is staggeringly hypocritical and nonsensical.

We can go back and forth on this all you want, but there most likely isn't a point to it. The Catholic Churches crimes do not make everyone within the organization a criminal. The crimes committed in no way suggest that after hearing one man accuse others we should automatically believe him. Even if he was spot on, raping the rapist is hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The Catholic Churches crimes do not make everyone within the organization a criminal.

Again, the story has nearly nothing to do with The Catholic Church.

It is about The Vatican officials, and higher up priests, and its
IOR...where the money laundering has typically taken its form.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Apparently you're going to have to really spell it out to me. The thread title, and the majority of the thread are discussing a certain incident where Poggi claimed certain folks were having shenanigans with rentboys.

I am saying it's silly to automatically believe the allegations, especially considering the source, and that wanting the men accused to be thrown in prison and raped/beaten without having a fair trial is disgusting.

What are you saying?

My interpretation of our little back and forth is that you find it acceptable to believe Poggi. It seems to me you are basing this off of the bad things leaders in the Catholic Church have done. I disagree, and just because a group has done a lot of awful crap, members in that group accused of pedophilia are not automatically guilty. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're basically saying that if a BP oil executive is accused of being a pedophile he automatically is because BP has a shady track record. The two things are not related.

Help me understand your point.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It seems to me you are basing this off of the bad things leaders in the Catholic Church have done.

Well, we do seem to have a misunderstanding, as I have repeatedly emphasized otherwise.

If fact, I have clearly stated this story of Priest Don Poggi and his accusations is centered on
The Vatican, NOT the Catholic Church, so we are at an impasse

The Vatican bank, aka as the IOR has been investigated, and some officials
have been arrested (breaking news) for running a money laundering operation
....aka as a crime ring.

Italian daily newspaper La Repubblica reported that Scaranao is also under investigation by in the city Salerno on suspicion of money laundering.

Only priests, religious, Catholic institutions, employees of Vatican City State and diplomats accredited to the Holy See are allowed to have accounts at the IOR, but the bank reportedly also hosts accounts for Italian politicians and organized crime. Url

Nothing really to do with the Catholic Church, so carry on.

edit on 29-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Well, we do seem to have a misunderstanding, as I have repeatedly emphasized otherwise.

So you repeatedly emphasize that we don't have a misunderstanding?

....aka as a crime ring.

Because the top and most influential folks in the Catholic Church aren't involved at all with the Vatican. I bet the Pope doesn't know what the Vatican is.

....aka as a crime ring.

How are you not getting that other crimes committed by an organization don't automatically equal convictions for folks that are a part of the organization.

Nothing really to do with the Catholic Church, so carry on.

I'm just blown away. The Vatican has nothing to do with the Catholic Church?

You haven't made a single legitimate point here. Arguing that the Catholic Church and the Vatican are separated? Arguing that corruption on some levels automatically verifies a disgruntled man's claims of pedophilia? I'm not mad, just amazed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join